PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2008, 10:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AFAngryWarrior is keeping up the good workAFAngryWarrior is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon GPS Fix.....Phase I

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradizelost View Post
Any chance we'd be able to get ya to work on this for the Samsung Omnia SCH-i910? Been waiting forever at http://www.modaco.com/content-page/2...p-us/page/580/ and they haven't had any luck.

Thanks!
Get your own crew of super crackers were not letting the HTC CDMA geniuses go without a fight... Call me selfish...
GPS: lllboredlll GPS Fix V2
My Touch Pro ROM: SSK 1.2 The BEST ROM PERIOD

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Eris
Carrier: verizon

aleis is keeping up the good workaleis is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFAngryWarrior View Post
Get your own crew of super crackers were not letting the HTC CDMA geniuses go without a fight... Call me selfish...

come on man?

i hit the thanks for u...

Last edited by aleis; 12-21-2008 at 11:15 PM.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

niteriderxp is becoming a great contributor

Hmm, I can't get it to work.

I am using the stock rom, followed all of the directions for install. Did the aGPS fix. And it doesn't work.

I sometimes get 1-3 satellites used but it never locks on.
This is inside my house, I haven't tried it outside since it is snowing.
However, a Sprint Mogul phone was able to lock on instantly, so its not the house.

Does anyone know if the stock rom has the capability to do true aGPS? The SUPL AGPS registry key was blank with nothing in it, which may be a bad sign. The GC Verizon aGPS.cab adds three entries into it, but not all you would normally see. I added the rest in manually, but still no go.

Any Ideas?
Old 12-22-2008, 01:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteriderxp View Post

I am using the stock rom, followed all of the directions for install. Did the aGPS fix. And it doesn't work.

However, a Sprint Mogul phone was able to lock on instantly, so its not the house.

Does anyone know if the stock rom has the capability to do true aGPS? The SUPL AGPS registry key was blank with nothing in it, which may be a bad sign. The GC Verizon aGPS.cab adds three entries into it, but not all you would normally see. I added the rest in manually, but still no go.

Any Ideas?
I would go outside and try it..It's snowing so go sit in your car...thats what I did lol..I can get a lock inside my house, but it takes a while to find the right spot.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteriderxp View Post

Any Ideas?
Not sure about true aGPS but from where I am sitting with two phones side by side VZ Nav locks at about the same time google maps and live search does. It feels like aGPS but I cannot say for certain.

This morning when I woke up after letting it be for a few hours it locked in under 60 seconds. 60 seconds seems to be about average, longest it was 2 minutes and the fastest was 5 seconds.

Once you get the very first lock after applying the fix it seems to work fine after that. The first lock is hardest to get.

BTW: I did this in my basement office completely below ground. Thats another reason I think its aGPS. No phone normally locks down here without aGPS.

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 12-22-2008, 01:47 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!

RONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuff

So I have loaded Scott's VZNAV ROM and have tried this fix on my TP and have not been able to get it to work.

I know that it is something that I am not doing right but I am not sure what it is.

I launched the BORED GPS FIX. Installed it to the main memory. Use GS to find the PPT file and click it. I get a message asking to proceed with update and I click OK.It runs and then another message letting me know the Provision Finsihed. PPST Will Reset the Deviceand I click ok and it reboots.

I set everything to the info below

Phone Settings
LOCATION = on
PROGRAMS GPS Program Port = Com4
HARDWARE GPS Port = NONE -- Baud Rate = 4800
ACCESS Manage GPS Auto = Checked

HTC GPS Tool Settings
MODE = Cold
CHIP TYPE = Q 7500
COM PORT = Com4
BAUD RATE = 4800

I try using HTC GPS Tool and I get 1 sat used but no locks.

Am I just dumb? What am I missing?
Old 12-22-2008, 02:11 AM
VIP Member

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONMAC View Post
So I have loaded Scott's VZNAV ROM and have tried this fix on my TP and have not been able to get it to work.

I know that it is something that I am not doing right but I am not sure what it is.

I launched the BORED GPS FIX. Installed it to the main memory. Use GS to find the PPT file and click it. I get a message asking to proceed with update and I click OK.It runs and then another message letting me know the Provision Finsihed. PPST Will Reset the Deviceand I click ok and it reboots.

I set everything to the info below

Phone Settings
LOCATION = on
PROGRAMS GPS Program Port = Com4
HARDWARE GPS Port = NONE -- Baud Rate = 4800
ACCESS Manage GPS Auto = Checked

HTC GPS Tool Settings
MODE = Cold
CHIP TYPE = Q 7500
COM PORT = Com4
BAUD RATE = 4800

I try using HTC GPS Tool and I get 1 sat used but no locks.

Am I just dumb? What am I missing?
Once or twice I had to toggle Location off then go back in and turn it back on for the GPS drivers to initialize properly for apps to use. After doing that on my flashes that wouldnt lock right away they would then start locking.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

Kalnel is just getting started

When I ran Qpst Configuration, I couldn't assign SURF7500A to port 4. When I tried to pull Port 4 up, I got an error message saying "There was an error enabling COM4. The port may not be working properly or may be busy. (-2147467259) It is showing as COM4 - USB/QC Data Modem.

So, following the XDA instructions, I picked the other USB port, Port 5. I'm assuming that I'll need to set everything to Port 5, rather than port 4, when I try to open GPS in Live or Google Maps, yes?

Or, is there some other way I should be getting to port 4?
Old 12-22-2008, 03:17 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalnel View Post
When I ran Qpst Configuration, I couldn't assign SURF7500A to port 4. When I tried to pull Port 4 up, I got an error message saying "There was an error enabling COM4. The port may not be working properly or may be busy. (-2147467259) It is showing as COM4 - USB/QC Data Modem.

So, following the XDA instructions, I picked the other USB port, Port 5. I'm assuming that I'll need to set everything to Port 5, rather than port 4, when I try to open GPS in Live or Google Maps, yes?

Or, is there some other way I should be getting to port 4?
Oh boy, here we go.....

QPST has ntohing what so ever to do with the ports in GPS. QPST is reffering to the local ports on the machine you are runing it on. Wether it be a desktop or laptop. Its reffering to how that machine will make connection with the USB interface in the phone.

GPS Port refers to the internal COM port the GPS is on on the phones motherboard (to put it in laymens terms).

OH and it really doesnt matter what port you can assign it to on the PC. Some people with a lot of com ports may assign it to 8 and 9. I have about 4 phones set up on this thing. I am think I am port 12 or something.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:45 AM
Lurker

captainzach is a n00b

Hey, this looks great but i cant figure out how to get it to work. I just installed the program but my phone is still in roaming mode. Why? I am with telus in canada could that be a problem? also i am in my basement that is underground so should i go outside? Help i want to get this working! i installed the HTC GPS tool and put it to
chip type: Q 7500
Com port: com 4
Baudrate: 4800
..... i get Satellite used: 0 and Satellite fixed: 0
?? what am i doing wrong?

P.s in the grey box i get
$gpgsa,a,1,,,,,,,,,,50.00,50.00,50.00*35
$gpgga,,,,,0,,,,,,,*66
$gprmc,,v,,,,,,,,*31
$gpgll,,,,,,a*11
what does all this mean? cant they put this stuff in english? lol

Last edited by captainzach; 12-22-2008 at 07:49 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro