PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2008, 11:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AFAngryWarrior is keeping up the good workAFAngryWarrior is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: UPDATED: Verizon GPS Fix.....Phase I

I have 6 satellites used, and 0 satellites fixed.... What does this mean? I can't get a lock in LiveSearch either. I have Chip Q7500, Baud 4800, Cold Start... Then I click "Open Port" wait til it has satellites used and then open Live search... Why is it finding 6 satellites but I cant get a fix?
Old 12-20-2008, 11:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Im using one of scrosler roms and havent had any problems with this..
Old 12-20-2008, 11:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFAngryWarrior View Post
I have 6 satellites used, and 0 satellites fixed.... What does this mean? I can't get a lock in LiveSearch either. I have Chip Q7500, Baud 4800, Cold Start... Then I click "Open Port" wait til it has satellites used and then open Live search... Why is it finding 6 satellites but I cant get a fix?
i had the same problem at first...so i took it outside and it worked..try that
Old 12-20-2008, 11:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC Touch Pro

gianturcom is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1900 View Post
I backed off to a different ROM, and had success - I was using the Beta1, but I switched to one of the scrosler ROM's and at least know my phone aint broke!
OK, cool, so we know there is an issue w/using this in conjunction with NexVision's ROM. Bored, any idea is to why there seems to be a problem with that combination?
Old 12-20-2008, 11:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: VZW Droid X

dimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Bored... You are the man. Wonderful job with the GPS.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: vzw

cozmic is a n00b
Question Re: UPDATED: Verizon GPS Fix.....Phase I

using stock vzw rom
followed the instructions
now showing "sprint" on taskbar(?)
can't open port when using HTC GPS Tool, hence no satellite lock
is there something i missed or should do?

also, what is the reason for PPST1.46.cab? is it run when running ppst.exe? i put it on my storage card but did nothing with it.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by cozmic; 12-21-2008 at 12:35 PM. Reason: changed gps settings "gps program port" to 4 & started to get some signals - too much concrete for a lock now (@work)
Old 12-20-2008, 11:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Just wanted to say I know my ROM works for a fact. I have now completed testing with Live Search, Google Maps, Tom Tom7. It works great! Looks like everyone else is seeing this too....

MAD PROPS TO BORED ONCE AGAIN! I highlighted his accomplishments on my website, like I discussed with him in PM, to get this as much exsposure as quickly as possible! www.scottcrosler.com

Donations always accepted but never expected!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AFAngryWarrior is keeping up the good workAFAngryWarrior is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Just wanted to say I know my ROM works for a fact. I have now completed testing with Live Search, Google Maps, Tom Tom7. It works great! Looks like everyone else is seeing this too....

MAD PROPS TO BORED ONCE AGAIN! I highlighted his accomplishments on my website, like I discussed with him in PM, to get this as much exsposure as quickly as possible! www.scottcrosler.com
At first I was afraid it was your rom, must have been a regedit I did because all I did was a hard reset, OTA, installed the fix before anything else and now its working perfect. So its not your ROM, and to everyone else if all else fails hard reset and install the GPS fix 1st..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:11 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

WOOOOOOOT!!! It works! Although I still can't get Remote Tracker to use the GPS (but that's for another thread).

Regarding the "Sprint" text showing on the home screen, I remember seeing an app that lets you customize what it says in that section, but I can't remember what it is. I'm sure it can be found in this "Post your today screen" thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41350

Many people towards page 30+ have customized their top texts.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

lexluthor is keeping up the good worklexluthor is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post

If you need to go back to the OEM PRI I have attached it aswell. Just go thru the same steps as far as installing and then ppst.exe
This is some great work.

Which file is the OEM PRI?

So basically, if I want, I should easily be able to go back to the original way?

Also, worst case, should a hard reset fix anything this screws up?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro