PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2008, 01:32 AM
DV8
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Verizon

DV8 is keeping up the good workDV8 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: UPDATED-2: Verizon GPS Fix.....Phase I

It is now on the first post. Thanks bored! Hey I know how it is with the wife you must keep her happy no matter what! lol

Last edited by DV8; 12-21-2008 at 01:34 AM.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Got it now, Thanks again!
Old 12-21-2008, 02:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

n8mack33 is a n00b

Worked fine for me, and without the HTC GPS tool. I had to make the settings in Google Maps, and Live Search just worked on its own. Using Scott's latest rom. Thanks a ton guys, I have been waiting for what seems like a long time for this. Now I just have to find a GPS prog with turn by turn voice directions, hopefully free, to replace VZ Nav. Google and Live are cool in their own way though, especially Google with the street view directions.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab
Carrier: Sprint

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8mack33 View Post
Worked fine for me, and without the HTC GPS tool. I had to make the settings in Google Maps, and Live Search just worked on its own. Using Scott's latest rom. Thanks a ton guys, I have been waiting for what seems like a long time for this. Now I just have to find a GPS prog with turn by turn voice directions, hopefully free, to replace VZ Nav. Google and Live are cool in their own way though, especially Google with the street view directions.
I use Amazegps its free ans its alot better then VZ Navigater
http://www.amazegps.com/welcome.php
Old 12-21-2008, 02:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
I'll post links later just can't get to xda for some reason right now.
Its been down most of the day. Here is a screen shot of what the QPST Settings should be in GPS One tab. I saved these last time I was playing with my Titan because that sight always goes down when you need it most ;c(

Use that at your own risk.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg QPST Serive Programming for GPS.jpg (56.4 KB, 185 views) Click for barcode!

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 12-21-2008, 03:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

n8mack33 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrumo View Post
I use Amazegps its free ans its alot better then VZ Navigater
http://www.amazegps.com/welcome.php
Thanks, I tried this, but couldn't get it to work so I downloaded the HTC GPS utility and configured (I think) as indicated on the first post, but still can' get it it to work. And now Google Maps isn't working either.

Am I supposed to open HTC GPS utility each time I want to use a gps prog, open the port, and then minimize and open the gps prog? There are also a couple of places where you select cold boot, so I selected it in both menus. And if I do it this way, then do I change the settings for Google to use Windows, or use 4800/Com4? Also, it seems like the settings in HTC GPS utility don't stick after you close the program.

Any ideas?

EDIT: After making all of the settings it now picked up after like 2 seconds in Google Maps (whereas when not using the HTC GPS Utility it took like 15 seconds). I still have it set to COM4/4800, not Managed by Windows. But when I use AmazeGPS it still says "GPS is not available. Please make sure its on."

Last edited by n8mack33; 12-21-2008 at 03:18 AM.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:22 AM
VIP Member

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ll I did was

1. download lllboredlll VZW GPS Fix.cab and put on your storage card
2. install cab but don't soft reset after
3. use gsfinder or total commander to navigate to \windows\ppst.exe
4. execute ppst.exe and go thru the prompts
5. reset your device as needed
6. make sure you location is turned on and enjoy

And I left the managed by windows on.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:23 AM
Lurker

hellfire91 is a n00b

amaze still says no gps avalible, is there some way to change this? (i get 8 satellites in google maps)
Old 12-21-2008, 03:27 AM
VIP Member

Is there a GPS icon on the top left of Amazegps
Old 12-21-2008, 03:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Why I think this is using aGPS

HEre is why I think this is using aGPS. Its just too fast for where I am at for it to pick up in seconds like it is.

When I use Google maps and turn on WiFi and disable data I get a fix but its out in the Atlantic ocean. When I turn data back on it scrolls to my exact location. Turn data back off and I drift back to the ocean. Strange.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro