View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 02:11 AM
scrosler
VIP Member

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon GPS Fix.....Phase I

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONMAC View Post
So I have loaded Scott's VZNAV ROM and have tried this fix on my TP and have not been able to get it to work.

I know that it is something that I am not doing right but I am not sure what it is.

I launched the BORED GPS FIX. Installed it to the main memory. Use GS to find the PPT file and click it. I get a message asking to proceed with update and I click OK.It runs and then another message letting me know the Provision Finsihed. PPST Will Reset the Deviceand I click ok and it reboots.

I set everything to the info below

Phone Settings
LOCATION = on
PROGRAMS GPS Program Port = Com4
HARDWARE GPS Port = NONE -- Baud Rate = 4800
ACCESS Manage GPS Auto = Checked

HTC GPS Tool Settings
MODE = Cold
CHIP TYPE = Q 7500
COM PORT = Com4
BAUD RATE = 4800

I try using HTC GPS Tool and I get 1 sat used but no locks.

Am I just dumb? What am I missing?
Once or twice I had to toggle Location off then go back in and turn it back on for the GPS drivers to initialize properly for apps to use. After doing that on my flashes that wouldnt lock right away they would then start locking.

Donations always accepted but never expected!