PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2008, 05:18 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon HTC TOUCH PRO Information

I myself bought the Touch Pro from Sprint and jumped ship from US Cellular to Verizon after 6 or 7 long years. I activated the Sprint Touch Pro myself after signing up and activating my old number. The data package is only $30.00 a month unlimited, not the $45.00 dollars mentioned earlier in this thread. I flashed it with the Verizon rom and reinstalled the Youtube app they took out. Also installed Live Search and Google Maps. Working great. Verizon is the only one in my area with EVDO(3g) and Sprint has no service here at all. Anyway lovin all the memory it has. Twice the speculated Verizon model and G sensor. Even with twice the memory and just a few programs running I have about 40% available(free). Needs the extra RAM. Lovin it so far!
Old 11-17-2008, 06:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

nemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to nemanracing

The Ram is 192MB DDR with 64MB dedicated for the OS on VZW... the sprint chipset need more ram for the same processing power and has 288MB with only 32MB dedicated for os... The rep from HTC gave me this "official" response. He said that side by side there were no noticeable performance differences... IDK we'll see when I get my active unit next week sometime. All the units the HTC rep had for tonight were live but inactive units... The phone feels nice in hand and doesn't "feel" cheap. Also our Data Consultant had her concession BB Storm, which btw is a big steaming pile of poo, despite the msm 7600 chipset with 192MB ram running BB os 4.7...
History:XV6850 WM6.5,PPC6850 WM6.5 on VZW,XV6850 WM6.1/Telus Radio,VZW Omnia,XV6900 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6800 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6700 WM6,Samsung i760,Moto Q9m,Moto Q,XV6700,VZW Treo 700WX,Treo 700W,Samsung i730,XV6600,Treo 650,Treo 600,Kyocera 7135
Old 11-17-2008, 07:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
I myself bought the Touch Pro from Sprint and jumped ship from US Cellular to Verizon after 6 or 7 long years. I activated the Sprint Touch Pro myself !
Did you use the procedure outlined here??

I will be doing this in the next day or so when my sprint TP arrives (I wanted the sprint TP version, but there is no way in hell I would ever go back to sprint service)

~John
Old 11-17-2008, 07:35 AM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemanracing View Post
Also our Data Consultant had her concession BB Storm, which btw is a big steaming pile of poo, despite the msm 7600 chipset with 192MB ram running BB os 4.7...
Why is that?? It looks like a pretty sweet phone from what I've seen in pics etc??
Old 11-17-2008, 07:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

KilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to KilgoreBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
I myself bought the Touch Pro from Sprint and jumped ship from US Cellular to Verizon after 6 or 7 long years. I activated the Sprint Touch Pro myself after signing up and activating my old number. The data package is only $30.00 a month unlimited, not the $45.00 dollars mentioned earlier in this thread. I flashed it with the Verizon rom and reinstalled the Youtube app they took out. Also installed Live Search and Google Maps. Working great. Verizon is the only one in my area with EVDO(3g) and Sprint has no service here at all. Anyway lovin all the memory it has. Twice the speculated Verizon model and G sensor. Even with twice the memory and just a few programs running I have about 40% available(free). Needs the extra RAM. Lovin it so far!

Santod, how did you reinstal the YouTube app on the Verizon Rom? I too am running the Sprint TP on VZW with the VZ ROM and also, how did you get GPS working? GPS doesn't work on the VZ ROM.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:39 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilgoreBA View Post
Santod, how did you reinstal the YouTube app on the Verizon Rom? I too am running the Sprint TP on VZW with the VZ ROM and also, how did you get GPS working? GPS doesn't work on the VZ ROM.

I don't care about the YT app as KinomaPlay is a much better YT player anyway, but I was wondering about the gps also.

I use standalone gps units & have a killer NAV/GPS/DVD etc unit built into my truck, but I kinda like to be able to use Google maps & the satellite view as an add on to my standalone NAV units.

~John
Old 11-17-2008, 03:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung i760

Buenos Nachoz is a n00b

Verizon just put the Saga online....maybe theres hope for the TP soon!
Old 11-17-2008, 03:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X

symyn is keeping up the good worksymyn is keeping up the good work

My rep verified that the Verizon Touch Pro will be out on the 24th.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

lexluthor is keeping up the good worklexluthor is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by symyn View Post
My rep verified that the Verizon Touch Pro will be out on the 24th.
I sure hope that's accurate!
Old 11-17-2008, 04:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X

kraygh is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Actually I am one of those long time users, but the minute data plans became available I couldn't wait to sign up & take advantage of all the extra functionality that gives you. I can't imagine NOWDAYS having a PDA with no data plan, but that's just my opinion.

I doubt vz will hurt themselves one bit by requiring a minimum data plan in this day & age as most PPC users will want that functionality anyway. I know hundreds of PPC users & I can't think of a one that doesn't have at least a minumum data plan.

~John
You're right, about the time-period "nowadays".
My original post should say "old" instead of "veteran". When I first owned a PDA, all I needed was Excel in my pocket (still do) for mobile spreadsheet computations when doing testing at my job. It seems since the iPhone craze has struck, mobile web is the only thing people use a PPC for anymore.
HOWEVER... VZW is spitting on us old folk for years or faithfull service by forcing a plan we don't need. (I should also mention I have wifi at work and at home, just in case I HAVE to get online.)

Speaking of online convenience, has anyone seen that iPhone commercial with the software that picks where to eat for you by shaking the device to randomly roll through the choices. Our phones thinking for us. Awesome.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro