PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2008, 05:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

mrsamtee is keeping up the good workmrsamtee is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon HTC TOUCH PRO Information

here are some pics guys from howardforums posted by thefiverivers...doesnt have vzw branding but pay close notice to keyboard with horrible placed arrow

http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/fo...ive_or_pdf=pdf

you also get a look at back of phone: smooth

got some more links internal shots and user manual

Last edited by mrsamtee; 11-16-2008 at 05:37 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:06 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsamtee View Post
here are some pics guys from howardforums posted by thefiverivers...doesnt have vzw branding but pay close notice to keyboard with horrible placed arrow

Thanks for those links.

It is absolutely impossible for me to understand why VZW would be so stupid with the keyboard.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

because they listened to the reviews
many reviews on the TP argue the keys are way too small...the vzw variant keys are bigger - albeit misplaced but bigger
Old 11-16-2008, 07:42 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Well....... I have a wheelchair available for any VZN customer if they need it hen they get their Pro.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

The Guy 34 is a n00b

So i heard people were getting verizon tp today. does anyone on here have one? if so could we get live pics?
Old 11-16-2008, 08:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

niteriderxp is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsamtee View Post

This documentation is for the Telus touch pro... Some of the screen shots in the user manual list Telus applications.

So it seems that Verizon is not the only one crippling their touch pro. Makes sense though, Telus is as huge in Canada as Verizon is in the US.
Must come with the ego trip.

Taken everything into account, the hardware seems identical to Verizon's version.
What's really interesting is what the spec sheet in the manual says about RAM.
Quote:
RAM: 192MB DDR (includes 64MB baseband memory)
So that's 128MB RAM and 64MB cache?
I don't know much about the memory architecture of these devices, but this doesn't sound good.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia

TheShaz is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to TheShaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guy 34 View Post
So i heard people were getting verizon tp today. does anyone on here have one? if so could we get live pics?
Don't do that to me!!!

I stopped by two VZ stores in the Tampa area. Pretty much got blank faces except from one person who has heard of it but don't know a hill of beans about it......but they all thought I would just love the Storm - VZW is really pushing that baby.

Guy - just picking on ya - I too am hoping that some VZW Employee would gat a early model out before release so we can get more info on the Fourms.
I plan on getting it as soon as it is released, knowing full well it will not take long for the wizards in this forum to show me how to modify it to my hearts content.

When I had Sprint with the Touch - PPCGeeks was by far my favorite site. I was trying out Kitchen ROM's left and right.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab
Carrier: Sprint

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I can't wait to get this phone, I really like how square it is, Verizon is known for having fem phones like my VX 6900, I hope its gonna have some HTC branding on it but knowing Verizon it won't
Old 11-16-2008, 09:32 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

I hav to say... no offense, but from the pictures so far, the phone looks cheap.

The GSM model looked so much nicer. The materials they used on the case [black steel brushed frame, rubberized back, high-gloss face] came together very well... one of those phones that look expensive.

Now this version just looks... kinda like a Touch Pro knockoff
Old 11-16-2008, 09:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab
Carrier: Sprint

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
I hav to say... no offense, but from the pictures so far, the phone looks cheap.

The GSM model looked so much nicer. The materials they used on the case [black steel brushed frame, rubberized back, high-gloss face] came together very well... one of those phones that look expensive.

Now this version just looks... kinda like a Touch Pro knockoff
Yea some of the pictures look great and some look cheap, if its a peace of crap i'll get the Omnia.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro