PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2008, 09:36 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon HTC TOUCH PRO Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraygh View Post
You're right, about the time-period "nowadays".
My original post should say "old" instead of "veteran". When I first owned a PDA, all I needed was Excel in my pocket (still do) for mobile spreadsheet computations when doing testing at my job. It seems since the iPhone craze has struck, mobile web is the only thing people use a PPC for anymore.
HOWEVER... VZW is spitting on us old folk for years or faithfull service by forcing a plan we don't need. (I should also mention I have wifi at work and at home, just in case I HAVE to get online.)

Speaking of online convenience, has anyone seen that iPhone commercial with the software that picks where to eat for you by shaking the device to randomly roll through the choices. Our phones thinking for us. Awesome.
I agree with you (to a degree) but think about how often these phones connect to the internet to update the clock/weather/other random things. I think being upfront about mandating a data plan is really the best way to go in this situation since many small pieces just use data without asking anymore and the price per kb can kill you REALLY fast.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:57 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro XV6850 & Dell Axim X51v
Carrier: Verizon

ColdBrew is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
I agree with you (to a degree) but think about how often these phones connect to the internet to update the clock/weather/other random things. I think being upfront about mandating a data plan is really the best way to go in this situation since many small pieces just use data without asking anymore and the price per kb can kill you REALLY fast.
I deleted my wifes data dialup info from her XV6700 almost 2 years ago and I've never paid a penny for data since. And she has never said she wanted data access.

Me, on the other hand. I love having data access where ever I go. But it ticks me off I'm going to have to pay $30 for something she doesn't need or want...

I'm really disappointed that the XV8650 is not only going to have less memory but it is also not going to have TV out. It is a feature I would probably never use, but I still want that option.

I guess I'm about having options and Verizon doesn't like giving them. I guess thats why I don't understand Apple products...
Old 11-18-2008, 10:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

i thought it was confirmed that it had tv out included or am i missing something?
Old 11-18-2008, 10:45 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro XV6850 & Dell Axim X51v

ColdBrew is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
i thought it was confirmed that it had tv out included or am i missing something?
I manual available from the FCC filing said that it only has an 11 pin connector that includes only audio.
http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/fo...ive_or_pdf=pdf

See page 148 in the section Connections I/O Port
Old 11-18-2008, 01:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6850

Zenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdBrew View Post
I manual available from the FCC filing said that it only has an 11 pin connector that includes only audio.
http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/fo...ive_or_pdf=pdf

See page 148 in the section Connections I/O Port
wow is that seirously what that means?!??!? that was one of my only reasons for going with the touch pro I wanted the tv out for orb/tv at my parent's house!

wtf...
Old 11-18-2008, 02:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

why is it that the 11 pin connector is only for audio only? and im wondering why would they not include the video? wtf?

its not a big deal for me BUT if theyre removing so many features like cutting down on the ram and limiting the tv out abilities why in the world would they charge $349.99 with a 2 yr contract...i hope they drop it more than that because these specs arent making it sound like its worth that much money at all
Old 11-18-2008, 02:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Silent_Patriot is becoming a great contributor

If they want any chance at getting me for another 2 years (contract up Dec. 27th), this phone better be $99 post-rebates. I've pretty much already accepted the fact that I'm going to switch back to Sprint; however, my last experience with them was a horror story and I'm not absolutely certain that I really want a TP after reading about some of the issues it's having.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

lexluthor is keeping up the good worklexluthor is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Patriot View Post
If they want any chance at getting me for another 2 years (contract up Dec. 27th), this phone better be $99 post-rebates.
Not even close. The word is $350 after rebate with a 2 year extension.

Last edited by lexluthor; 11-18-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

chaseacej is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
why is it that the 11 pin connector is only for audio only? and im wondering why would they not include the video? wtf?

its not a big deal for me BUT if theyre removing so many features like cutting down on the ram and limiting the tv out abilities why in the world would they charge $349.99 with a 2 yr contract...i hope they drop it more than that because these specs arent making it sound like its worth that much money at all
Welcome to Verizon.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

lmao
so true...vzw and their infinite wisdom *cough* idiot *cough*

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro