PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2008, 06:42 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon HTC TOUCH PRO Information

Well if their version of the XV6800 and XV6900 are any indication, they're going to charge you that premium price for a lesser device. But that's what really bothers me. I could tolerate the gimped specs if it were at a lower price than the others. I would love to get one of these for my mom, but not at the price they're asking with the specs they're offering.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

nemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to nemanracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdBrew View Post
I manual available from the FCC filing said that it only has an 11 pin connector that includes only audio.
http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/fo...ive_or_pdf=pdf

See page 148 in the section Connections I/O Port
That's bs... I have seen the Verizon tp and it WILL have tv out, you just have to purchase the cable separately... Also for vzw's pricing it is priced exactly the same as the XV6800 is right now... Hopefully you all get a ecpd(cooperate) discount... Should be around 249.99 on the highest tier(10,000+) like the XV6800 is...
History:XV6850 WM6.5,PPC6850 WM6.5 on VZW,XV6850 WM6.1/Telus Radio,VZW Omnia,XV6900 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6800 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6700 WM6,Samsung i760,Moto Q9m,Moto Q,XV6700,VZW Treo 700WX,Treo 700W,Samsung i730,XV6600,Treo 650,Treo 600,Kyocera 7135
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 700p

mfreeman73 is a n00b

So, when people say it hits the street on December 1st, does that mean our local stores should have it in stock and ready to buy on that day (assuming that date holds)? Just curious when this might actually be available to buy.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

lexluthor is keeping up the good worklexluthor is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfreeman73 View Post
So, when people say it hits the street on December 1st, does that mean our local stores should have it in stock and ready to buy on that day (assuming that date holds)? Just curious when this might actually be available to buy.
I'd assume that's what that means, though it looks like it's going to be available through phone/web on 11/24.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker

nemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

phone/web/b2b launch is nov. 24th. retail(store) launch is dec. 1st.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:15 PM
kjhee43

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I have been around for a while, but what is b2b?
Old 11-19-2008, 03:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker

b2b = business 2 business
Old 11-19-2008, 03:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800

bkaz is becoming a great contributor

This is great timing - my 6800 dies a little more each week. So far my screen has a slight indentation on the right side, a bright spot in the lower left, and my hang-up button barely works. Also, the slide mechanism appears to be falling apart on the left side. Hopefully I can hold on long enough for Assurion to run out of 6800's!
Old 11-19-2008, 05:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X

symyn is keeping up the good worksymyn is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemanracing View Post
The Ram is 192MB DDR with 64MB dedicated for the OS on VZW... the sprint chipset need more ram for the same processing power and has 288MB with only 32MB dedicated for os... The rep from HTC gave me this "official" response. He said that side by side there were no noticeable performance differences... IDK we'll see when I get my active unit next week sometime. All the units the HTC rep had for tonight were live but inactive units... The phone feels nice in hand and doesn't "feel" cheap. Also our Data Consultant had her concession BB Storm, which btw is a big steaming pile of poo, despite the msm 7600 chipset with 192MB ram running BB os 4.7...
So 64MB of the 192MB is reserved for the OS. That leaves us with 128MB for Verizon versus 256MB (288-32) for Sprint. Correct? I understand that the HTC rep would say there are no noticeable differences in speed, but it will be interesting to see what kinds of speeds we get when TF3D, RDP, Excel, Activesync, Mail, and Opera are running at the same time.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Silent_Patriot is becoming a great contributor

Just spoke with Verizon's retentions and here's the deal:

$419 - $70 MIR - $50 New every 2 = $299.99
(figured I'd get a better deal than that working for General Dynamics, but doh well)

Confirmed 192MB RAM and "up" arrow key placed between "M" and "N" keys. The rep could not address why VZW chose to gimp their device other than to say it was the folks that test the devices that decided it was fine. Made sure to emphasize that those are reasons why I am planning on leaving.

$29.99 data plan which I have on my 6800 would remain the same. Also, no data plan would be required for my 6800 if I chose to hand it down to my son. The required data plan is only for "new" data devices.

Tried to sell me on the "superior" network vs. Sprint's, but couldn't address why I lose my data connection 3-5 times/week (didn't tell them I was tethering of course, but that shouldn't matter).

ETF would be $65/line (x2) if I decided to pull the trigger and leave today, with the option of rejoining the "family" within 90-days and reversing the ETF.

It would make my life easier if I didn't have to try and get Sprint to enter the 6800 ESN in their system, but I have friends in high places at all of the carriers from work, and am up for the challenge of testing the new open network policies.

Everything Plus Referral $59.99 500 mins/unlimited everything else on both phones minus my 15% corp discount and possibly 10% credit union member discount would still be cheaper w/more service than current $69.99 700 mins + $29.99 data plan minus 20% corp discount (which doesn't apply to the second line, they split it $60 primary / $9.99 2nd).

Lastly, VZW coverage in our building seems to be spotty at best, and Sprint installed repeaters but VZW wouldn't. So much for the "superior" network thing, eh?

Pretty much a done deal, although I'm making it painfully clear to our Sprint rep that I consider my last bout with them an absolute nightmare and want assurances that their customer service will be much better this time.

Keep the stories about the Sprint TP improvements to newer build dates coming and cyas on Dec. 27th!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro