kraygh
PPCGeeks Regular

kraygh is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon HTC TOUCH PRO Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Actually I am one of those long time users, but the minute data plans became available I couldn't wait to sign up & take advantage of all the extra functionality that gives you. I can't imagine NOWDAYS having a PDA with no data plan, but that's just my opinion.

I doubt vz will hurt themselves one bit by requiring a minimum data plan in this day & age as most PPC users will want that functionality anyway. I know hundreds of PPC users & I can't think of a one that doesn't have at least a minumum data plan.

~John
You're right, about the time-period "nowadays".
My original post should say "old" instead of "veteran". When I first owned a PDA, all I needed was Excel in my pocket (still do) for mobile spreadsheet computations when doing testing at my job. It seems since the iPhone craze has struck, mobile web is the only thing people use a PPC for anymore.
HOWEVER... VZW is spitting on us old folk for years or faithfull service by forcing a plan we don't need. (I should also mention I have wifi at work and at home, just in case I HAVE to get online.)

Speaking of online convenience, has anyone seen that iPhone commercial with the software that picks where to eat for you by shaking the device to randomly roll through the choices. Our phones thinking for us. Awesome.