PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2008, 10:06 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: Verizon HTC TOUCH PRO Information

The Verizon is like the 3rd different kind of TP made.. There is the GSM version, then 2 different CDMA versions.. The Sprint version, and then the Verizon version... Weird...
Old 11-16-2008, 10:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
The Verizon is like the 3rd different kind of TP made.. There is the GSM version, then 2 different CDMA versions.. The Sprint version, and then the Verizon version... Weird...
Yea I just hope Verizons looks as good as the other ones, have you seen the Verizon 6800 and 6900, what were they thinking
Old 11-16-2008, 10:18 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrumo View Post
Yea I just hope Verizon's looks as good as the other ones, have you seen the Verizon 6800 and 6900, what were they thinking

No I haven't... But in my opinion the Verizon version isn't as nice looking as the Sprint version...
Old 11-17-2008, 01:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

TheShaz is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to TheShaz

Quote:
Yea some of the pictures look great and some look cheap, if its a peace of crap i'll get the Omnia.
In the same boat....I want the TP for VZW to be a good device becase it's a HTC device this forum has them all figured out and I know within a few weeks of getting a Touch Pro I will be able to modify the heck out of it with the help of this forum.

I dont know if Samsung and the Omnia will have that for me. Also the photo's from the FCC Licensing thing.....they are not publicity shots. The photos on the HTC/VERIZON training PDF look better. But VZW did not opt for the rounded edges and the chrome.

At this moment for me the...
  • 192MB RAM
  • Different Keyboard layout - the funky location of the "Up" arrow
  • Squared corners
  • No Chrome edges
Have not driven me away from the Touch Pro.... What will...
  • The VZW device is slower
  • VZW nerfed the GPS to the point that it cannot be turned on without buying their NAV software.
  • Stability of the VZW modified ROM
I think by the end of this week we should start seeing people in the forums that have a early release of the device and we will start seeing the comparasions to the other Carriers branded TP's.

I hope these questions are answered before the release date.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:13 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

I feel so bad it is gonna be gimped for u vzw. I hop u all come to SPRINT FTW

Old 11-17-2008, 01:25 AM
VIP Member

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I might have to get the Sprint TP and use it on Verizon
Old 11-17-2008, 01:31 AM
VIP Member

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:37 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:

Nice pictures... I think many are going to take the Omnia over the Pro when they get to play with them both. The Omnia seems like more of a teenager phone.

BTW, it would be nice if Samsung wasn't so proud of their logo...
Old 11-17-2008, 01:40 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
Nice pictures... I think many are going to take the Omnia over the Pro when they get to play with them both. The Omnia seems like more of a teenager phone.

BTW, it would be nice if Samsung wasn't so proud of their logo...
The Omnia is sick, the screen is what I like and if i'm not mistaken it has 8gig internal and a micro sd slot
Old 11-17-2008, 03:46 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro, xv6800,xv6700
Carrier: vzw

ocbones is a n00b

I used the TP at sprint store and the 1st thing i did was try to type on it and well it was kind of hard due to the small keys my current phone is a xv6800 so I don’t really mind with the change of the keyboard but that arrow key does bug.

what I really want to know is this whole ram issue will the 64 MB ISM on the VZ TP be snappier is this really some kind of cache that is on the die of the Qualcomm 7500, I can live with less ram if it is faster! So VZ TP might be a better pick.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro