PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2010, 05:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Grabbed newest zImage, rootfs and it's still doin the boot loop thing. Not sure what else to look at, it's not the zImage, rootfs, initrd.gz, or system.sqsh file... It also doesn't seem to matter if there is a data.img file there or not.

why is this so unstable lately? i just did it this morning. downloaded aio pkg. got bootloop. updated zimage and mods, froze, rebooted without making any changes and it booted right into android. wtf?
Old 05-13-2010, 05:23 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamagc View Post
why is this so unstable lately? i just did it this morning. downloaded aio pkg. got bootloop. updated zimage and mods, froze, rebooted without making any changes and it booted right into android. wtf?
I'm not sure what's going on, but the change to ASOP is a pretty big one. Perhaps that new system just needs to settle out a little.

This is completely maddening. Everything looks identical between the working & non-working build. About the only difference is the modules looks newer in the build that doesn't work. I'm baffled.

Hrm. Not sure what kind of a solution this is, but I copied my data.img from a functioning build, and now it boots...

Last edited by arrrghhh; 05-13-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

arrrghhh are you deleting your data.img after a failed attempt? i did notice that when i had a bootloop and replaced files i still looped unless i deleted my data.img and let it build a new one.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: SPRINT

DrUnKeN_TiGeR is keeping up the good workDrUnKeN_TiGeR is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to DrUnKeN_TiGeR Send a message via MSN to DrUnKeN_TiGeR Send a message via Yahoo to DrUnKeN_TiGeR

mine boots fine and i copied all the files in the aio but kept my data.img.... so i didnt have redownload all my apps... i get force close right at startup but after that it loads fine

Old 05-13-2010, 08:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

beaujbaker is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to beaujbaker

Okay, I had the android on my touchpro and I saw the lockscreen and feel inlove with it. But I want to be able to use to "outside of the android system" I want to use it on energyrom.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO

JustCreepin' is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Grabbed newest zImage, rootfs and it's still doin the boot loop thing. Not sure what else to look at, it's not the zImage, rootfs, initrd.gz, or system.sqsh file... It also doesn't seem to matter if there is a data.img file there or not.
Newb here. I tried that FIRST, as I always want the latest and greatest, and got stuck in a loop in the boot sequence where it says "ANDROID" and seems like the word is being highlighted in a pulsing pattern (BTW, I was booting from SD and had everything in the "root" of the card). After moving things around on the card, trying different STARTUP.TXT files - all sorts of nonsense - I finally said, F-it, I'll just try it the "EASY" way.

I still have all my junk in the "root" of the SD card, but just lauched HaRET from the "andboot" (as instructed in the first post) and lo and behold, everything works just fine !!!

I'm guessing it booted up just fine and I'm rocking Android - awesome! It seems very slick! Now my only problem (I've never used it before) is actually figuring out how the whole interface works!

Is the XDAndroid build closest to the Google Nexus One - so if I find that UserGuide I'll be able to figure out how to use things? Or would there be another UserGuide more suited (totally NEWB, I know )?

Thanks for any help - FWIW, everything worked great for me! However, my phone had never run Android before (no data.img), so that may be something.

Thanks again - AWESOME!
Old 05-13-2010, 09:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hTc EVO

LuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

So i put the aio package in my sd but before that i noticed that in the conf file it has eclair.conf and diamond.conf.... Thats the big problem their my phones not a diamond. So i deleted that and BAM no bootloops or nothing just a smooth sail into the OS

No zimage or kernel updates just fresh out the box w the only adjustment that i made and that was deleting the diamond.conf file.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Bell

bobram is keeping up the good workbobram is keeping up the good work

my apollogies if this has been asked to death, but is it possible to run HTC Sense on android?
Old 05-13-2010, 11:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hTc EVO

LuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobram View Post
my apollogies if this has been asked to death, but is it possible to run HTC Sense on android?
Its called sense ui

And its available in the rosie package over at XDA
Old 05-14-2010, 12:18 AM
Lurker

michaelendelson is a n00b

Quick question, running aio package, boots and runs great but when installing from marketplace gets to the end of install and says: "Installation Error - Insufficient storage available".

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux