View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 09:49 PM
JustCreepin'
Lurker

JustCreepin' is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Grabbed newest zImage, rootfs and it's still doin the boot loop thing. Not sure what else to look at, it's not the zImage, rootfs, initrd.gz, or system.sqsh file... It also doesn't seem to matter if there is a data.img file there or not.
Newb here. I tried that FIRST, as I always want the latest and greatest, and got stuck in a loop in the boot sequence where it says "ANDROID" and seems like the word is being highlighted in a pulsing pattern (BTW, I was booting from SD and had everything in the "root" of the card). After moving things around on the card, trying different STARTUP.TXT files - all sorts of nonsense - I finally said, F-it, I'll just try it the "EASY" way.

I still have all my junk in the "root" of the SD card, but just lauched HaRET from the "andboot" (as instructed in the first post) and lo and behold, everything works just fine !!!

I'm guessing it booted up just fine and I'm rocking Android - awesome! It seems very slick! Now my only problem (I've never used it before) is actually figuring out how the whole interface works!

Is the XDAndroid build closest to the Google Nexus One - so if I find that UserGuide I'll be able to figure out how to use things? Or would there be another UserGuide more suited (totally NEWB, I know )?

Thanks for any help - FWIW, everything worked great for me! However, my phone had never run Android before (no data.img), so that may be something.

Thanks again - AWESOME!