PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 11:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

eyepoker is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

ok, got 3d running on my phone... i replaced the zimage, system.sqsh, modues, initrd.gz, rootfs.... 16.9fps.

and yes, as has been reported, wifi doesn't work.

quite happy still with how things are progressing, thanks for your continued work!
Old 02-08-2010, 11:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

sjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by daprospecta View Post
I finally got android to boot up on my sprint phone touch pro but i can't connect to google, wifi won't turn on and for some reason my data connection isn't working either, any suggestions?
I don't think wi fi is working right now but as for the not being able to connect to google, or the data not working, read the second post
Quote:
CDMA Data isn't working.
Sometimes this is caused by incorrect or missing APN settings. When Android boots up, go to Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names. You should see an entry with Name: Android, and APN: internet. If this entry is not active, activate it. If you see nothing, hit menu (the button with the house), create a new APN, and put in the settings Name: Android and APN: internet. Everything else can be left blank/default.

If you are on US Cellular, or another network that uses login name and password for #777 dial up networking, you can try this, or you can try putting in your password, but I don't believe it has worked for anyone.
You can't connect to google, because your data connection isn't working. That fixed it for me.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Raphael
Carrier: Telus

Glougloumouth is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
So far, the issues with the latest package I see are:

Wifi not working. Confirmed on my end. Can anyone who's played around with it tell me whether the wifi issue comes from running the latest system.sqsh or running the latest kernel/modules? (pretty sure it's the new kernel, which is a bummer, because that's hard to debug.)
I am using the FEB08 system.sqsh and the modules-2.6.27-00851-ga10ffed.tar.gz (JAN30) modules. No WiFi: "unable to start Wi-Fi". Using System & Modules of late JAN has working WiFi.
Looks like it is the kernel.

Can someone double-check & confirm?

Another interesting thing: FEB08 system.sqsh and JAN30 modules has the "Power off" phone working (it does turn off). Every build I tried since early FEB, up to FEB08, when I power off the phone, it initiates power off then freezes (the power off spinning wheel stops spinning and the phone is frozen, have to soft reset).

Last edited by Glougloumouth; 02-09-2010 at 12:45 AM.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Yibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by daprospecta View Post
I finally got android to boot up on my sprint phone touch pro but i can't connect to google, wifi won't turn on and for some reason my data connection isn't working either, any suggestions?
search for the word "APN"
Old 02-09-2010, 01:24 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehweh View Post
I'm getting wi-fi grief too, and it's not the kernel. I'm running the 2-8 package with the 2-4 kernel right now, so it's not makk's fault.

I also can't get 3D running. My winmo ROM runs TouchFlo 3D (it's a Calkulin rom), but android doesnt seem to pick it up.
Yup. It has to do with how the new system dynamically loads the wifi calibration from nand. Apparently the old way gave every single phone the same mac address. So that's fun. Unfortunately, the tools to extract the calibration from nand... are not working on my end. I tried to get them going, but I'm running into some trouble. When it's fixed, I'll post it up. Until then, if you need wifi, I'd suggest the latest kernel with the Feb 2nd system. That should work for now.

As for 3D, give a try to the hologram program. Someone said on #htc-linux that Touchflo wasn't enough -- it didn't actually consistently initialize the hardware, or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibiushi View Post
You know that's said but true, I feel that this frankenstein'd hacked Android runs snappier and better that WM does, and my phone was made for WM (I am not trying to insult any of the hard work of all of the people that are doing this, I love this and respect all of you that work to make this work.)
No insult whatsoever taken. It is a frankenstein'd hacked system. I think the WinMo developers have more reason to take umbrage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horace View Post
Great job.

Using 2/08 build

The UI seems a sluggish. Is this normal?

Who is doing work on the GPS?
The UI is somewhat sluggish. Better than it was, but still a bit less than totally responsive. Unless it's really struggling, it's probably normal.

Not sure who in particular is working on the GPS now. There are a few people looking at it, I know, but I think they're waiting for inspiration to strike at this point... or some more useful source code to get released. jnadke on the Touch CDMA forums at xda-developers has done a lot of work to get it fully-functioning for the last generation of devices -- hopefully his work will start to filter through to the new breed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectator View Post
I took your advice and re-formatted the SD card, and used a fresh boot. Unfortunately, I still have the same issues. Most of the time, it pretty much stay in command-line output, and it doesn't make it to the GUI or startup animation. It just seems to throw endless SQUASHFS errors. My wild guess is that it's tied to enabling the 2nd memory bank, but I have no idea how to use a newer build while turning that 2nd bank off.
What device have you got? The 2nd memory bank should be a good thing on any RAPH800. It sounds like you've been careful in your testing, so this probably isn't it, but the tons of squashfs errors sounds like it would be a corrupted system.sqsh file. Try downloading again?

Anyway, since the boot time option doesn't work for some reason, the only way to disable the 2nd memory bank would be to build your own kernel. Sorry; I know that's a bit of a big step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glougloumouth
I am using the FEB08 system.sqsh and the modules-2.6.27-00851-ga10ffed.tar.gz (JAN30) modules. No WiFi: "unable to start Wi-Fi". Using System & Modules of late JAN has working WiFi.
Looks like it is the kernel.

Can someone double-check & confirm?

Another interesting thing: FEB08 system.sqsh and JAN30 modules has the "Power off" phone working (it does turn off). Every build I tried since early FEB, up to FEB08, when I power off the phone, it initiates power off then freezes (the power off spinning wheel stops spinning and the phone is frozen, have to soft reset).
That's interesting. the power off stuff is strangely finicky. With the newest system and the newest kernel, it still fails to work on my end. There's a change in code that enables it, but then it messes up other things (but only for some people, apparently). Thanks for the testing, though -- I'll look out to see if it's working intermittently on my end.

To clarify, the kernel is zImage. If you use a different zImage than modules-blah.tar.gz, wifi definitely won't work, since the wireless driver won't load (it's tied to the kernel/zImage version). Not sure if you were doing that, but I thought I'd point it out anyway. The problem is in the way the new system is failing to pull the wifi calibration. Which comes down to both the modules and the rootfs. So, really, it's both sides that are broken.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:29 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yibrushn View Post
search for the word "APN"
Search? But searching is HAAAAARD.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Krutch is a n00b

I installed it the latest build earlier today and have been running it all night. I have had no problems yet, if it continues like this I will be using this all the time. I would mostly like to see the camera and gps working.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

daprospecta is a n00b

what is this 3d feature people speak of?
Old 02-09-2010, 03:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

NevinM is a n00b

The last few builds have been great. If I could have better battery life and a multitouch browser I probably be running this thing 50% of the time any chance we can grab the update that includes the multitouch browser?

p.s. As a developer this has been invaluable. Way better than shelling out the bucks for a G-Phone for testing.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: RaphCDMA, iPod Touch, N95-8Gb
Carrier: GSM:Life:) & CDMA:Intertelecom

Santehnik is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to Santehnik Send a message via AIM to Santehnik Send a message via MSN to Santehnik Send a message via Skype™ to Santehnik

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4444968/RAPH...-2010-02-09.7z
404 not found

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux