PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 03:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

karafa is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

I can also confirm that alarms don't work. Haven't tried any 3rd party alarm apps, though.

Regarding the backgrounds and such, I can see all the ringtones in any app, but none of the 'extra' backgrounds in the media folder. Using the 2-08 build, and I haven't started with a new data.img in about 2 or 3 builds, so I don't know if rebuilding that would make them work, but it's not a big issue at all to me.

There used to be a bug for me where if your screen is off, you couldn't pick up or hang up a call until you push the power button to turn it back on, but that seems to have gone away. The screen comes on when you push the send or end keys now, even far into a call. Wahoo!

I'm really scratching my brain to think of things that don't work.. Haven't tried the Wifi out in these latest builds but we all know where that stands. Stability and speed are great. One crash in the past 3 days. Thats better then my winmo experience.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

eyepoker is just getting started

just installed the 2.9 update.

wifi works here too - android crashed the first time i attempted to connect my local hotspot. upon reboot wifi was on and i was able to connect. toggling off/on thereafter appeared to be fine - was able to make connections withohut the whole thing going down.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Buck0182 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywing269 View Post
CDMA data is working fine for me, just had to create the APN and it worked perfectly from there. Marketplace, Browser, all working fine. Has anyone confirmed what kinda battery life can be expected from this? Ive just been keeping it plugged in since I got Android running but I would like to know what to expect should I be away from power for a while.

I'm getting about 3-5 hours from fully charged to completely dead.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

3-5 hours seems about right, depending on usage. If I just let it sit there (keep in mind data cxn is still working in the background) I get like 6 hours... barely.

What is odd is sometimes my phone seems to get hotter than magma, and other times it feels just as cool as if it was running WinMo... I haven't been able to figure out what the key is either, it's not charging. It's not wifi. It's not 3g/data. At first I thought it was any/all of those, but there have been some days where it runs all day on&off the charger, constantly soaking up data... and it's stayed cool.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:49 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellar19 View Post
Barring finding someone who did something special to get data to work, is there an error log or a way to turn on logging for the data connection so we can see why its failing? The data is clearly trying to do something (blinking) but what, is unknown.
The new packages have working adb, which means you can get debugging info in windows. Make sure you have the phone connected to your computer via usb when you start haret (and make sure 'enable advanced network functionality' is turned off in settings -> connections -> usb to pc.

Download the Android SDK download tool. you don't need any of the big files from it, just get the adb interface.

Then go into your android sdk -> tools folder from a cmd shell (assuming you're in windows), and type 'adb logcat -b radio'. That'll give you all sorts of log files for the radio. I'm not sure it'll actually tell you anything useful, but it's the first place to look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatok View Post
I was try a lot of Android's builds on my raph800 with Sprint 1.12.34F radio, but none of them can make of recieve call. SMS works, but phone everytime busy, and if I making call, call never ends(hangup on "calling" screen). If I try to start call in winmo first - having same problem. Rest of it works fine.
Can anybody help me?

PS I am from Ukraine, and in our country ponenumbers has following format 0XXX-XXXXXXX. Maybe problem in format?
Sorry for my English.
Could be a phone number issue. But I'd think then SMS would fail, too. I don't have much of an idea on this one. Occasionally my phone will end up in a state where it seems to be connected, but can't make or receive calls (haven't tried to see if SMS works, though). But that's usually after running for a while.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: U.S. Cellular

wehweh is just getting started

The new package archive is corrupt--I can't get it open on any of my computers.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:25 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

tried downloading it again? it's definitely worked for others. I guess it could've... gone off, but I'd be surprised.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

woodz93 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
Man. I thought I'd get away with it, seeing as it was 4:30am. File was still in progress uploading. Should be there now.

Fixes Wifi. Adds ssh support, too, but I'm fairly certain no one cares about that, and it's too complicated to explain anyway.
No one cares? I do! I was waiting for this feature! gonna try it later... thanks a bunch!
Old 02-09-2010, 06:35 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

Here's some info on it. Learning curve is a bit steep.

http://www.cri.ch/sven/doku.php/blog...ear-on-android

The dropbear binaries are now included in the rootfs, so you don't have to worry about that part. Start with 'Setup'. I'm trying (and failiing) to get get it working with PuTTY right now.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

karafa is just getting started

Where does MMS stand on this..? I think I got a picture message and nothing happened on the phone. Is there some inherent limitation right now because of a non working camera?
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux