PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2010, 08:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Vodafone IT

superfil56 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hi guys...
I tried to install this OS in my HTC Touch Pro...it works very well and fast! Compliments to developers!
There is only one problem, when I try to switch off Android, it crashes and it stops on the switching off screen...then I've to soft reset...
Does anyone know how can I fix this problem?
Thank you!
Old 02-06-2010, 09:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

avlon is just getting started
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800) - ALPHA (buggy. as. hell.)

Good morning everyone! First off, my hat goes off to everyone involved in making Android work on this phone. I'm loving it! My deepest thanks!

Now, I do have a question since I have not seen it mentioned. Is there a way to set up your own wallpaper? I only get stock options and would really, really prefer to have my lovely GF as my background instead.

I see that Android does find my music files when in the radio but so far no luck at all in seeing pics or videos.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice. Android newbie here!
Old 02-06-2010, 10:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

eyepoker is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by avlon View Post
Now, I do have a question since I have not seen it mentioned. Is there a way to set up your own wallpaper? I only get stock options and would really, really prefer to have my lovely GF as my background instead.
When you see your desktop tap the home button on your phone, you'll get options and among them is the ability to set up the wall paper....

custom image - i'm not sure. seems like /sdcard/media/resource is where you would put the image but mine aren't working yet. might need to be the same physical dimensions as the stock wallpapers is my guess.

Last edited by eyepoker; 02-06-2010 at 11:07 AM.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

eyepoker is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUnKeN_TiGeR View Post
also seems like i have to press super hard to scroll
this is the case for me as well... i was wondering about it at first then i got used to it and forgot all about it! But yes, why do we have to press so hard?
Old 02-06-2010, 11:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

mikel81 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfil56 View Post
There is only one problem, when I try to switch off Android, it crashes and it stops on the switching off screen...then I've to soft reset...
Thank you!
Nope, for now just soft reset.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

chaopac is just getting started

hey guys, can you tell me how can i make more page at home screen, 3 pages seem not enough for me , and btw, anyone knows how to get Sense UI from the HTC Hero to work on this, i think it just a theme so it'll be easy (my opinion )
Old 02-06-2010, 12:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

avlon is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyepoker View Post
When you see your desktop tap the home button on your phone, you'll get options and among them is the ability to set up the wall paper....
I discovered this early on while playing with the current build (2/4) and even tried adding some pics to the same folder while in WM6.1. No luck detecting them unfortunately.

c
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyepoker View Post
ustom image - i'm not sure. seems like /sdcard/media/resource is where you would put the image but mine aren't working yet. might need to be the same physical dimensions as the stock wallpapers is my guess.
I tried that earlier too and no luck. Maybe the formats have to absolutely match. I just tossed some jpegs in there and hoped that the phone would detect and let me use them.

Hopefully some light will be shed on this soon.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:10 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUnKeN_TiGeR View Post
thanks what about the fact i cant send txt msgs? also seems like i have to press super hard to scroll also seems like it thinks i click when i am in fact trying to scroll... im not complaining i just wonder if this is normal i think its GREAT i love the port thanks to all that have helped make this possible
The new touchscreen driver, while much improved over the old one, is still pretty weird and far from perfect. I don't think you have to press particularly hard, but sometimes (and in particular on the lower right hand part of the screen), depending on CPU usage and other factors, it will not recognize a long press, and instead think you've clicked many times. Since a bunch of clicks looks different to the system than a drag, it will give some weird results.

If you want to get a better feeling for what I'm talking about, put Development.apk from the AndroidApps/Other folder in the base of your Android Apps, then go to dev tools > pointer location in android. You'll see how occasionally the touchscreen thinks you've picked up your finger/stylus when you clearly haven't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaopac View Post
anyone knows how to get the Sense UI into Android 2.0.1, i think it's kindda like a theme or a skin or sth??
It's a set of programs and system tweaks... that probably won't show up on any builds that work on the touch pro/diamond. 1) Because we don't have access to an eclair build that also supports Sense UI. 2) Because, even if we did, there is no Sense UI build that supports the 640x480 resolution on the Raphael/Diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by del4 View Post
So, if we want to retain our information between android updates, e.g., mail settings, contacts, wallpaper selections, ..., we should keep from overwriting the data.img file or would this introduce problems, depending upon what's updated in the new kernel and/or modules?
If you want to keep your settings through a update, save data.img, yes. Will this introduce problems? Sometimes, yes. If weird issues start coming up, a fresh data.img is a good starting place. (It's the equivalent of a hard reset in WinMo -- with the added benefit that if it doesn't fix anything, you can put your old data.img back and un-hard reset it.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfil56 View Post
Hi guys...
I tried to install this OS in my HTC Touch Pro...it works very well and fast! Compliments to developers!
Thank you!
At this point, the fix for shutdown causes other functions to break. More important functions, like... audio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaopac View Post
hey guys, can you tell me how can i make more page at home screen, 3 pages seem not enough for me , and btw, anyone knows how to get Sense UI from the HTC Hero to work on this, i think it just a theme so it'll be easy (my opinion )
Unfortunately, Sense UI is not so easy (see above). Making more pages for the home screen is probably relatively easy (once you get past the hurdle of learning how to modify the system image), but I don't know how to do it. Another option is to find an app in the market that modifies the home screen to have more panels. I don't know that such a thing exists, but I'd guess that it does.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:21 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandham View Post
I noticed few issues with 2/4 build
1. battery says 5% charging all the time.. How can i correct it?
2. Switching from wireless mode to data under settings causes the phone to reboot.. I think it is crashing..
3. Switching from data mode to wireless also crashes
4. Finally the phone gets very hot compared to running wm 6.1. Any insights to fix this?
Turning off wireless does sometimes cause crashes -- this happens on all devices, gsm and cdma, and is being worked on, but isn't quite squashed yet. (I could turn wifi on and off without issue for a long time, but now every time I turn off wireless it crashes.)

The battery should no longer be reporting 5%. You'd either have to have an old kernel, or the kernel from the wrong place for that to happen. Did you download the kernel from the first post of this thread?

The phone gets hot, but it might be getting hotter in your case because whatever you're running is running the wifi constantly, or not using power collapse, or something. Other suggestions to get it to run cooler/longer -- turn off data syncing, avoid wifi, kill background apps, and turn off the phone with the End Call key to make sure it goes into deep sleep.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

schteve is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to schteve Send a message via MSN to schteve

Hi,

Thanks to makkonen and others for their hard work on this. Just wanted to document my experience with the 2/4 build, which is very positive. I'm running on a Sprint Touch Pro, on the Verizon network.

When I booted up, there initially was no 3G, so I set up WiFi so google setup could succeed. Wifi was quite stable. I set an exchange email account, tried google maps, looked at the marketplace. Seemed to be running a bit hot, so I added the Android/internet APN and rebooted. It came up with the WiFi still on, so I turned it off and maybe a minute later 3G came on!

3G seems snappy - browsing felt faster than WinMo. (Which isn't saying much - heh).

Sent myself a text message, which worked. Dialed into my verizon voicemail and was able to check for messages. I haven't actually used the mic yet - it's still not working right?

Touch screen is still jittery. When I was navigating Marketplace, I had to very gently swipe the screen, otherwise it would think I was selecting the entry where I started the swipe. Google maps seemed to work well, except that when I dragged the screen to the left, it wanted to zoom in. Up, down, or right worked as expected. Weird.

Plugged it in and left it on the charger overnight. (BTW, the charger indicator seems to always be on, even when it's not plugged in). Next morning, it woke me up with a chime for a new email (SWEET!). When I tried to look at it, it spazzed out for a couple of minutes. I was able to unlock it, but then the screen froze, and none of the buttons (not even the volume) seemed to respond. I jammed on all the buttons for a minute or two without response. I was about to soft-reset, when I noticed that the LEDs behind the Home and Back buttons were responding when I pressed there. So I proceeded to jam on the buttons some more, and finally did a long hangup, three down, button, button, to try and get it to start a shutdown. It flashed a bit, displayed the "Phone options menu" against a black background, and then woke up!! Seems to be working fine now and I never rebooted.

Temperature - it's running quite cool now. I turn it on every 10 or 15 minutes just to see if all is well.

I hope this feedback is useful. I am really impressed with the work you've all done. You guys are studs.

I'm going to run this until it falls over.

Last edited by schteve; 02-06-2010 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Added temperature comments

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux