View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 12:21 PM
makkonen
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800) - ALPHA (buggy. as. hell.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandham View Post
I noticed few issues with 2/4 build
1. battery says 5% charging all the time.. How can i correct it?
2. Switching from wireless mode to data under settings causes the phone to reboot.. I think it is crashing..
3. Switching from data mode to wireless also crashes
4. Finally the phone gets very hot compared to running wm 6.1. Any insights to fix this?
Turning off wireless does sometimes cause crashes -- this happens on all devices, gsm and cdma, and is being worked on, but isn't quite squashed yet. (I could turn wifi on and off without issue for a long time, but now every time I turn off wireless it crashes.)

The battery should no longer be reporting 5%. You'd either have to have an old kernel, or the kernel from the wrong place for that to happen. Did you download the kernel from the first post of this thread?

The phone gets hot, but it might be getting hotter in your case because whatever you're running is running the wifi constantly, or not using power collapse, or something. Other suggestions to get it to run cooler/longer -- turn off data syncing, avoid wifi, kill background apps, and turn off the phone with the End Call key to make sure it goes into deep sleep.