PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800) - PRE-ALPHA (not yet usable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
Donut or Eclair? I recall some folks saying that the first boot is pretty unstable under these eclair versions... after the first few boots it might settle down, I'm not sure. I haven't had much trouble at all with it.
eclair 6.01.10 with the i/8 zimage. let me boot it a few times and see if it will last longer.

ok so i booted it again while in a call. booted up without asking me to tap on the android and stuff, booted right to the main home screen. tested a call and mic and speaker works!

tested a text, sent and received no problem. still no U button on the keyboard, fn button doesn't work but if you hold shift you can get to the green buttons above the numbers. only caps letters. pressing ctrl caps a letter too.

still haven't rebooted yet. i'm waiting for it any second now though lol.

data is working, i am able to sign into google and browse around the marketplace. also able to go online and google random stuff, virtual keyboard does work though it vibrates when i hit a letter.

pressing the end call button puts the screen to sleep. pressing it again wakes it up but with a dim screen. now i can't get a bright screen back lol.

my battery icon is full (no more 5%) but it's not letting me check how much battery is there.

pressing the sleep button on top of phone brings me back to the main screen. it looks like the sleep button and end call button are mixed up. home button bring up and hides the menu in whatever i'm doing. back button works as does call button.

i have to agree. this has come much further over the past month than i have ever seen it come. at this rate we may have a full android rom in a couple of months lol.

not sure about wifi. i don't have wifi at work so i can't really test it out. i did not have it turned on when i booted and i did not edit the startup.txt to include my mac address but it appears to be working. i went into settings, turned it on, and it says it is turned on. i am able to see a few networks around me. they are all protected networks so i can't connect but it is showing them which means it is working. very nice!! turning off wifi seems to have frozen my phone however. i am going to reboot now.

rebooted and is up and running again. i booted without the charger attached and when i plug it in nothing happens. looks like charging isn't working still. also the leds on the center button do the same thing they do when charging but without the charger plugged in.

after about 30 mins of use my battery is down to 60%. i did not start with a full charged battery so no clue how fast the drain is.

camera i can not find. no camera application is listed from what i can see.

lol, makkonen

if i can think of anything else i will add it to this posting.

questions?

Last edited by hamagc; 01-08-2010 at 06:18 PM. Reason: adding info.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Yibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamagc View Post

pressing the end call button puts the screen to sleep. pressing it again wakes it up but with a dim screen. now i can't get a bright screen back lol.

questions?
makkonen mentioned earlier that disabling "auto adjust backlight" in winmo will fix that and it worked for me.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

he did, i remember seeing that but i didn't make the change. lets reboot and give it a shot.

tried it and that is correct, works like a charm.

Last edited by hamagc; 01-08-2010 at 05:47 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:17 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamagc View Post
virtual keyboard does work though it vibrates when i hit a letter.
You can turn that on and off in settings -> keyboard or something. Disable 'haptic feedback' under 'Touch Input', which is the HTC style keyboard. I'm not sure I like it. It can't keep up with my typing speed, so it just ends up vibrating all crazy.

Quote:
pressing the end call button puts the screen to sleep. pressing it again wakes it up...
pressing the sleep button on top of phone brings me back to the main screen. it looks like the sleep button and end call button are mixed up. home button bring up and hides the menu in whatever i'm doing. back button works as does call button.
Power is Home, Home is Menu, and End Call is Power. You can somewhat change how the End button works in the Spare Parts app (so that it brings you home on the first click, and shuts off on the second), but Android makes their power and end call button the same, so there's only so much you can do. It's weird, but you get used to it. Be thankful you don't have a Vogue (which has only 4 buttons total, and the camera button is home, and the power button is menu -- ugh).

Quote:
not sure about wifi. i don't have wifi at work so i can't really test it out. i did not have it turned on when i booted and i did not edit the startup.txt to include my mac address but it appears to be working. i went into settings, turned it on, and it says it is turned on. i am able to see a few networks around me. they are all protected networks so i can't connect but it is showing them which means it is working. very nice!! turning off wifi seems to have frozen my phone however. i am going to reboot now.

rebooted and is up and running again. i booted without the charger attached and when i plug it in nothing happens. looks like charging isn't working still. also the leds on the center button do the same thing they do when charging but without the charger plugged in.
In Eclair you don't need to put anything in the command line for wifi. It uses the new TIWLAN drivers, which are much more stable, and just like the ones included with real android devices -- which means they play nicely with android, unlike the drivers for Donut (Compat-Wireless).

I'm not sure about the charger thing -- I think Android might be misreporting whether the charger's connected, but the underlying system knows, and the battery still does charger. Or I or someone else messed something up along the way, and now it's confused about when the charger is connected.

I am super impressed by the progress being made as well. All credit to phhusson, who was banging out patches on a daily basis over the christmas break. I'm mostly just wrapping up his work so it'll boot on our devices.

Thanks, hamagc, for the in-depth feedback.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

not a problem my friend, i want to run a full rom of android just as much as anyone else in this thread. glad i can do something to hopefully help the progress.

if there is anything else i can do let me know.

when the next package comes out i'll throw it on the phone again and give it a good testing. hopefully tonight i can play more with this package and see if there are more kuirks or features that haven't yet been mentioned.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

fredthedj is just getting started

Has there been any issues that are rom dependant? I am currently using mighty rom and i cant get it to finish booting?
Old 01-09-2010, 01:16 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: U.S. Cellular

wehweh is just getting started

Just noticed this from using the phone in the dark: they keyboard doesn't light up sometimes.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800

peterm20 is keeping up the good workpeterm20 is keeping up the good work

Ok Latest build is working a lot better that to orig eclair post.

Issues:
-Battery life meter is really inaccurate. Its charged 100& in winmo and <10% critical in android and not even reading that it is charging.
-Sometimes the hard keys don't work at all. A soft reset does fix it.

Other than that, phone works great. App store is handy and i've started to play with applications in there. It does give me "so and so app has stopped responding.." as much as the prev build. It runs a lot faster good job

Is there anyway to safely remount ro the file system so fschk doesn't run every boot?

Last edited by peterm20; 01-09-2010 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro, ROM Du Jour

computhug is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterm20 View Post
Is there anyway to safely remount ro the file system so fschk doesn't run every boot?
Was wondering about this as well, fschk is fixing something every time I boot Eclair. I've found that if I 'turn off phone' via the End key menu, after I hit OK I get a 'shutting down' message with a spinning wait cursor. This hangs after a minute or so, leaving the phone completely unresponsive and in need of a soft reset. (I've let it sit for several minutes in case the OS was still working on the shutdown behind the scenes, but I'm pretty sure it's just hung.)

Perhaps this is preventing the sd card from being properly unmounted?
Old 01-09-2010, 11:57 PM
N00b

DWhite456 is a n00b

Am I missing something? I have Sprint TP CDMA. I was reading the first post of this thread...
Eclair
Download babijoee's Eclair build (or check here for a newer one). --

I clicked on "check here for a newer one" and that thread at XDA says it is for GSM phones only?

I would like to try the latest Ecliar build. Any help.. what am I missing

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux