View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 06:17 PM
makkonen
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800) - PRE-ALPHA (not yet usable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamagc View Post
virtual keyboard does work though it vibrates when i hit a letter.
You can turn that on and off in settings -> keyboard or something. Disable 'haptic feedback' under 'Touch Input', which is the HTC style keyboard. I'm not sure I like it. It can't keep up with my typing speed, so it just ends up vibrating all crazy.

Quote:
pressing the end call button puts the screen to sleep. pressing it again wakes it up...
pressing the sleep button on top of phone brings me back to the main screen. it looks like the sleep button and end call button are mixed up. home button bring up and hides the menu in whatever i'm doing. back button works as does call button.
Power is Home, Home is Menu, and End Call is Power. You can somewhat change how the End button works in the Spare Parts app (so that it brings you home on the first click, and shuts off on the second), but Android makes their power and end call button the same, so there's only so much you can do. It's weird, but you get used to it. Be thankful you don't have a Vogue (which has only 4 buttons total, and the camera button is home, and the power button is menu -- ugh).

Quote:
not sure about wifi. i don't have wifi at work so i can't really test it out. i did not have it turned on when i booted and i did not edit the startup.txt to include my mac address but it appears to be working. i went into settings, turned it on, and it says it is turned on. i am able to see a few networks around me. they are all protected networks so i can't connect but it is showing them which means it is working. very nice!! turning off wifi seems to have frozen my phone however. i am going to reboot now.

rebooted and is up and running again. i booted without the charger attached and when i plug it in nothing happens. looks like charging isn't working still. also the leds on the center button do the same thing they do when charging but without the charger plugged in.
In Eclair you don't need to put anything in the command line for wifi. It uses the new TIWLAN drivers, which are much more stable, and just like the ones included with real android devices -- which means they play nicely with android, unlike the drivers for Donut (Compat-Wireless).

I'm not sure about the charger thing -- I think Android might be misreporting whether the charger's connected, but the underlying system knows, and the battery still does charger. Or I or someone else messed something up along the way, and now it's confused about when the charger is connected.

I am super impressed by the progress being made as well. All credit to phhusson, who was banging out patches on a daily basis over the christmas break. I'm mostly just wrapping up his work so it'll boot on our devices.

Thanks, hamagc, for the in-depth feedback.
This post has been thanked 1 times.