View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 05:08 PM
hamagc
Halfway to VIP Status

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800) - PRE-ALPHA (not yet usable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
Donut or Eclair? I recall some folks saying that the first boot is pretty unstable under these eclair versions... after the first few boots it might settle down, I'm not sure. I haven't had much trouble at all with it.
eclair 6.01.10 with the i/8 zimage. let me boot it a few times and see if it will last longer.

ok so i booted it again while in a call. booted up without asking me to tap on the android and stuff, booted right to the main home screen. tested a call and mic and speaker works!

tested a text, sent and received no problem. still no U button on the keyboard, fn button doesn't work but if you hold shift you can get to the green buttons above the numbers. only caps letters. pressing ctrl caps a letter too.

still haven't rebooted yet. i'm waiting for it any second now though lol.

data is working, i am able to sign into google and browse around the marketplace. also able to go online and google random stuff, virtual keyboard does work though it vibrates when i hit a letter.

pressing the end call button puts the screen to sleep. pressing it again wakes it up but with a dim screen. now i can't get a bright screen back lol.

my battery icon is full (no more 5%) but it's not letting me check how much battery is there.

pressing the sleep button on top of phone brings me back to the main screen. it looks like the sleep button and end call button are mixed up. home button bring up and hides the menu in whatever i'm doing. back button works as does call button.

i have to agree. this has come much further over the past month than i have ever seen it come. at this rate we may have a full android rom in a couple of months lol.

not sure about wifi. i don't have wifi at work so i can't really test it out. i did not have it turned on when i booted and i did not edit the startup.txt to include my mac address but it appears to be working. i went into settings, turned it on, and it says it is turned on. i am able to see a few networks around me. they are all protected networks so i can't connect but it is showing them which means it is working. very nice!! turning off wifi seems to have frozen my phone however. i am going to reboot now.

rebooted and is up and running again. i booted without the charger attached and when i plug it in nothing happens. looks like charging isn't working still. also the leds on the center button do the same thing they do when charging but without the charger plugged in.

after about 30 mins of use my battery is down to 60%. i did not start with a full charged battery so no clue how fast the drain is.

camera i can not find. no camera application is listed from what i can see.

lol, makkonen

if i can think of anything else i will add it to this posting.

questions?

Last edited by hamagc; 01-08-2010 at 06:18 PM. Reason: adding info.
This post has been thanked 1 times.