PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 05:36 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official TOTAL price you paid for Pro2

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
So remind me again, why is there any argument? The OP asked a question. If you don't feel like sharing your response, there's no need to post.

Getting a general idea on what everyone is paying for the TP2 could help those who are interested decide whether or not to save up.

Also, I'm not quite sure why it's so private... The prices of the phones are posted on every website. I fail to understand how your final price is private, seeing as many people are eligible for discounts, promotions, etc.
I wasn't aware there was an arguement
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
I couldnt help giggle to your post. No wonder you saud do the math. So its $603.61. I will post it with my eyes wide open.
I wish I can saved that $50 you calculated for me.

$599.99 x 1.0975 = $658.49
Old 09-10-2009, 05:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

destitute is just getting started

$755.99 CAN

I don't have the breakdown in front of me, but I believe that includes phone + tax + connection fee + warrenty transfer fee.

Something like that, totally worth it though.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None

quickstang is keeping up the good workquickstang is keeping up the good work

So far no luck. Had my Treo 700p for over 2yrs, and the same plan, and 1yr upgrade is $25, and now this guy is telling me I cant even get the $100 MIR so it'll be $524.99

Now I may have to do the math AGAIN. Seems like he wont budge period. And telling me the contract date and upgrade date are 2 different things. Not the last time I checked, but maybe i'm wrong. If you have a phone for 2yrs, you extend you contract 2yrs. That's 24 months, which means time for a new phone at a 2yr price.
I have a section in my plan that states I can get a 2yr, but I read the computer doesn't see it. It's more like a note, so when you type in your phone number, it doesn't say your eligible. So maybe if they change that, they'll give me the $150 off.

It's called 23+ Month RLOF Eligibility and can only be seen under your account. Odd deal, and basically it stems from...I bought a 800w at Best Buy. It sucked, and went back to my 700p Treo. They said that since I didn't keep it, they would still keep my rebate, but I had to fax proof I returned the phone. I did at that time, and they noted on the account I was eligible still.

And I knew it was going to be a problem if I didn't talk to anyone since the computer wont know, and wont give me that rebate.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Naw... we are civilized reasonable consumers, so we will act accordingly. (exil3d quietly puts his pitch and fork away). But that a great deal. Was your Pro1 out of the 30 day return policy? What was th3e main point that got Sprint to agree? Tele tubies telu tubies!!!!!!! heheheh
the only reason i was able to only pay the difference was because i called them like a civilized person and told them i had 7 tp1s since the day it came out at BB (oct 26th 0 i upgraded and signed a 2 year contract but i'm not eligible for any upgrades for 2 years. I also told them that they were all manufactuer defects and told them that the tp2 had fixed all of the problems. I told them i'm not expecting a free upgrade but i can't keep going back to the sprint store 9 times a year because of manufactuer defect. I only asked for the upgrade price of $349 but they came back on the line and said i only have to pay the difference, which is $50. the $50 was billed to my account. I've been a sprint customer for 10 years, that may have something to do with it.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

billyapd21 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

wow I refuse to pay that much for a phone.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sapient View Post
It's bad enough that every third person has to start a new thread to announce how much they paid. Do we really need threads where people who don't want TP2s can ask other people how much they paid?
This is of hilarious value to me.

But I will contribute anyway.

$599 - $150 2 yr renewal = $449 - $100 MIR = $349 - $100 additional contract renewal credit = $249 - $125 cash from selling touch pro = $124 out of pocket. $164 if you include tax.

No complaining, *****ing, or retention threats required.

Last edited by slopokdave; 09-10-2009 at 09:13 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None

quickstang is keeping up the good workquickstang is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyapd21 View Post
True, but lots of us have dirt cheap plans and have no choice. I being one. If you can find me a $27 plan (with tax) unlimited data, text, pic mail, nights at 7, mobile to mobile and 500min i'll take it.

I've searched high and low and cant find anything even close. Even at the Sprint SE plan at $59.99 and 23% is STILL more. Now I think it has the TV and GPS, but i'll just use Google.

So yeah, I have to pay more. But if I was on a normal plan comparable to other companies, bet your butt I wouldn't dish that out.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyapd21 View Post
I think someone earlier mentioned that his buddy paid a lot for a English Bulldog pup, which cost as much as a car.

It's just for some of us, it simply worth that much for something we love.

Besides, someone has to stimulate the economy.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2!

pastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I paid $500 bucks for a sprint version, that's without signing a contract! Can get more as well!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2