PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2011, 02:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Looks Like My TP2 Days are Over

Dave, Just found this thread. So sorry about your saga. Sounds like me and Verizon. Although my TP2 has never failed, I used to have an Imagio, and I had to kick and scream to get the TP2. Imagio was a terribly designed phone. No way to keep it off in your pocket.

My USB socket on my TP2 is starting to go wonky. It must live on. Even the new phones can't do what my TP2 does.....

You gotta hate being lied to. Like there is nothing that can be done. Sprints at the bottom for customer service. Gotta wonder why. Their phones are better than verizon though.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:54 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

actually the latest CS polls had both sprint and VZ at the top for customer satisfaction,at&t was at the bottom.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:17 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Sounds to me like your best bet is to get some sort of working device(tp2 or other) to use until your contract(s) expires and then you'll have the upper hand so you can compare what Sprint can offer versus other carriers.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:35 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Sounds to me like your best bet is to get some sort of working device(tp2 or other) to use until your contract(s) expires and then you'll have the upper hand so you can compare what Sprint can offer versus other carriers.
Yup, thats what I'm going to have to do. I tried to avoid the ETF by making reference to the increase in administrative fees as well as the ne ETF fees. The new ETF fees don't apply to current accounts and apatrently somewhere in my contract it says that the admin fee can go as high as 1.99 before I'm allowed to be released without having to pay the ETF. I've got a hardcopy somewhere but I'm up to my eyeballs in final exams and will have to look for it after tomorrow.

The last conversation with the corporate rep was a joke. He told me to just be patient and wait another 7 to 10 days and I would get another phone.

I told him that if it was handled right the first time I wouldn't be so angry and then told him that I should have been given a different phone after the second refurb. He still told me that he couldn't do that and to be patient. LOL... what a joke for customer service.

The "now network" is now the NO Way Network.

I have one more card that I'm going to play that came in the form of a very helpful PM but I'll have to wait until I'm done with finals.

BTW, dan@sprint.com is a total farce. Useless... don't waste your time.

David

EDIT: gotta laugh. I did a quick total of the last 15 years of service that I've paid to Sprint and not including the phones I've purchases or the monthly overages, I have invested nearly $20,000.00 in sprint.

Last edited by DaveTN; 09-13-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
EDIT: gotta laugh. I did a quick total of the last 15 years of service that I've paid to Sprint and not including the phones I've purchases or the monthly overages, I have invested nearly $20,000.00 in sprint.
0.o

wow.
Ya... sprint has really dropped the ball. I got tiered of complaining to them about the services in my area.

They had told me at one point that they were going to send me a replacement phone because of all the issues I had been having and because of the fact that the repair center here pointed me to the door and told me to get lost because I didnt have insurance, that the replacment phone would be free.

WELL... right after getting off the phone with her she apperently never finished the paperwork required to send the phone to the local repair store for me to go pick up
(I later found out that she didnt do anything because the customer services are not permited to make shipments, they have to ordered direct from the the service location...)

I was promised that the phone would be overnighted to me
(At the time I had a broken screen and no data)

For the next few days I had to make like 50 phone calls and the local store finnally answered me, the guy introduced himself as the on staff sales manager

I told him my problem and that I was expecting a replacment phone

He said this.. and I quote..
"Um.. ok that doesnt sound like something that customer services would do..
But we have a high number of instore customers so I dont have time to talk with you about this. If you want help you need to come visit the store"
*click*

so for the next few days I had to call customer services like a bagillion more times to complane and then they told me that they would send a new phone for 100 bucks and that if HTC looked at it and found that it was damaged because of something i did that they would charge me 600 bucks
(I had replaced the screen because of my bad LCD at the time)
so i said hell no.

and over the course of the like bajillion phone calls i wouldalways be told that I would get a call back in like an hour or so cause they needed to talk to a manager or whatever.

Only one rep ever called back to check on the statuse of the situation.
just ONE
Old 09-13-2011, 07:27 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

If I remember correctly..you gotta go through 10 replacements until they swap your phone >.>

Alternatively if I remember correctly..there is n option for going into store..getting a new one and billing Assuran..don't remember the details though..

Edit:
aedon..you dont have to pay sprint 100$ for that..thats called HTC warranty...it should be free..but if HTC finds a problem and they think your responsible they give you 2 options..pay 30$ to ship it back or 600$ for a new one..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 09-13-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Edit:
aedon..you dont have to pay sprint 100$ for that..thats called HTC warranty...it should be free..but if HTC finds a problem and they think your responsible they give you 2 options..pay 30$ to ship it back or 600$ for a new one..
thats not what the rep on the phone had told me.

they said that because I didnt have insurance or warrentee that id have to pay 100

and they said that if htc found the fault to be mine, that I would have to pay original retail price (600) for the phone they had sent as the replacment for the one they recieved if they determind the fault was mine.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:23 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedon View Post
thats not what the rep on the phone had told me.

they said that because I didnt have insurance or warrentee that id have to pay 100

and they said that if htc found the fault to be mine, that I would have to pay original retail price (600) for the phone they had sent as the replacment for the one they recieved if they determind the fault was mine.
Yes, I know... thats called sprint trying to make a quick buck..all they do is process your warranty claim for you..if you go through HTC directly it will be free..but the same conditions apply...
Old 09-14-2011, 01:39 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

I've always gone to a Sprint repair/service store and since I have TEP they would just order me a replacement with no problem at no cost to me. Never paid the $100. I think it helps if you can go to your closest store like that and develop a relationship with them so they might give you better service. The device comes to the store so once it arrives you can check it in the store so if there is an issue the employee is there to verify the problem and act accordingly.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:46 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post

I've always gone to a Sprint repair/service store and since I have TEP they would just order me a replacement with no problem at no cost to me. Never paid the $100. I think it helps if you can go to your closest store like that and develop a relationship with them so they might give you better service. The device comes to the store so once it arrives you can check it in the store so if there is an issue the employee is there to verify the problem and act accordingly.
Effectively it works like this, if you dont have TEP you can file a manufacturer warranty claim through sprint..which they effectively do exact same as using the free manufacturer warranty...difference is sprint may give you a phone next day and charge you $100 where as through HTC directly warranty can take 2 weeks or more...

When you have TEP, they process the warranty claims for free and $100 is for the insurance claim. It is up to the technician to use warranty or insurance...if they use warranty and HTC decides that it is users fault Sprint then covers the bill (or has assuran cover it, one way or the other)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2