PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Looks Like My TP2/SPRINT Days are Over (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=146737)

DaveTN 08-29-2011 08:30 PM

Looks Like My TP2/SPRINT Days are Over

Well, everything has been going great with my TP2 up until today when none of my callers could hear me. Thought it was just a bug so I did a soft reset but it still didn't work, so I tried a headset next, which did work. Came here and read all the threads about the TP2 mic problems and decided to try flashing back to stock.

Stock ROM made no difference so since I was back on stock I decided to go to my local sprint store and have it checked out. Yup, fubar. I have to take it to the local repair center this thursday and they will take a look at it and if it is really broken - which I'm sure it is - they will send it off. Couldn't get an answer as to what to use while I don't have it though and from what I understand, I can purchase a refurbed one from sprint as a replacement since I don't have insurance.

Oh Joy.

David

shaggylive 08-29-2011 09:08 PM

Re: Looks Like My TP2 Days are Over

yup, sprint offers refurbs for sale without contract obligations. It wouldn't surpprise me if they fix/replace for a smaller fee than buying.

I use my old ppc's for vehicle tracking.. ;)

demonlordoftheround 08-29-2011 11:43 PM

Got an old Mogul in a drawer somewhere?

DaveTN 08-30-2011 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround (Post 2141531)
Got an old Mogul in a drawer somewhere?

Ahhh... The trusty old Mogul. Sold mine several years ago.

David

PPCFreak 08-30-2011 07:00 AM

I still have a Mogul and 2 Apache's.....just lying around. Tinker with them every now and then.....flashed both Apache's to WM6.5. Been meaning to flash with Tinkerbell's latest ROM's but haven't had time to do it lately.

Hoping the screen on my TP2 lasts till Sept 16.....that's my renewal date. Got the dreaded 'oil slick' going on yet again (3rd device in 2 years with the same issue).

eric12341 08-30-2011 01:50 PM

perfect opportunity to upgrade to the HTC Arrive, especially since mango is due out in a few weeks.

PPCFreak 08-30-2011 03:02 PM

but I am on Verizon......waiting to see what Verizon pulls for next WP7 device. Hoping that Sept. is a good release date for more WP7 devices on US Carriers (Sprint, Verizon mostly; not a fan of AT&T currently and coverage where I am at typically is pretty spotty for AT&T).

eric12341 08-30-2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPCFreak (Post 2141653)
but I am on Verizon......waiting to see what Verizon pulls for next WP7 device. Hoping that Sept. is a good release date for more WP7 devices on US Carriers (Sprint, Verizon mostly; not a fan of AT&T currently and coverage where I am at typically is pretty spotty for AT&T).

well u can go for the trophy, even tho the next round of WPs with FFFs are due out at any moment now and it'll be to see if any CDMA carriers will get these.

DaveTN 08-31-2011 02:19 PM

Main problem for me is money. I'm halfway through grad school and while I can probably afford another phone, I can't (and refuse to pay) afford the almost 60.00 per month that I would have to pay to upgrade to another smartphone. I'm already on an unlinited data plan and sprint says it doesn't qualify for anything beyond the TP2. IMHO, there is no reason to have to pay $60.00 more to have waht I already have.

On a more positive note, a rep that I know at a local sprint store told me that sprint was having "open enrollment" for TEP and if I signed up for it, I could make a claim on my phone at the local service center and they would fix or replace it. So I'm going to make a go of it tomorrow and see what happens.

David

DaveTN 09-01-2011 03:05 PM

Well, some good news. I took the phone to the service canter today and they swapped it out with another TP2. Looks brand new - no scratches or any signs of use and feels quite a bit "tighter" than my previous one. Keyboard has a nice snap to it and the keys seem to feel a bit better as well.

I guess now, the only problem is that it is not unlocked which means no custom flashing for me. ...for a bit.

David