View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 10:37 AM
DaveTN
Unlimited is um, limited
Threadstarter

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Looks Like My TP2 Days are Over

I spent over an hour on the phone with support and account serviced (retentions) this morning and was told that under no circumstances they would offer a different phone than what I have. I was told that my only option was to accept another refurb or If I chose to go with another smartphone then accept the fact that I would have to go on a more expensive plan. At this point, my ETF for all four phones totals $280.00 and she made a point in saying that after paying the ETF and then going with another carrier and buying phones it would cost just as much as paying the extra on my plan to go to a new smartphone like the arrive. I pointed out that she needs to review her math.
Sprint apparently has a double standard in how they advertise their "unlimited is unlimited" as far as data. What the heck is the difference between my unlimited data pack and their unlimited data that I have to have if I switch? Heck, I'd be ok with paying the $10.00 "premium data" but she told me that there was no way that a newer smartphone would work with that. She said that they were "locked" to the newer plans and there was no way that she (and she is a supervisor) could override it. I call BS.
I am majorly frustrated now.

David

Last edited by DaveTN; 09-09-2011 at 03:05 PM.