PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2011, 03:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Looks Like My TP2 Days are Over

Yes, Congrats!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
On a lighter side, my first grandson was born yesterday...just a day before my birthday and I got to take some pics of him with the phone...and of course, hold him. I'm walking on clouds now...
Congradulations! You are now an official member of the "Ol Farts" club!
Old 09-09-2011, 10:37 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

I spent over an hour on the phone with support and account serviced (retentions) this morning and was told that under no circumstances they would offer a different phone than what I have. I was told that my only option was to accept another refurb or If I chose to go with another smartphone then accept the fact that I would have to go on a more expensive plan. At this point, my ETF for all four phones totals $280.00 and she made a point in saying that after paying the ETF and then going with another carrier and buying phones it would cost just as much as paying the extra on my plan to go to a new smartphone like the arrive. I pointed out that she needs to review her math.
Sprint apparently has a double standard in how they advertise their "unlimited is unlimited" as far as data. What the heck is the difference between my unlimited data pack and their unlimited data that I have to have if I switch? Heck, I'd be ok with paying the $10.00 "premium data" but she told me that there was no way that a newer smartphone would work with that. She said that they were "locked" to the newer plans and there was no way that she (and she is a supervisor) could override it. I call BS.
I am majorly frustrated now.

David

Last edited by DaveTN; 09-09-2011 at 03:05 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:46 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Thanks for still kick'n this ol dog in the chops Dave.... I just don't have the energy anymore :>))

Although, I certainly am a ways off from having grand-kids! CONGRATS ol' timer! :>))

I pretty much gave up after this thread...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...rade-path.html
Old 09-09-2011, 08:21 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Threadstarter

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community

The saga continues...

Apparently I ruffled some feathers as I received a phone call from Sprint corporate headquarters and was told that it was brought to their attention that I had several issues over the last few days. I very politely explained what I have been through and that I have had an account in perfect standing for 15 years and was basically told the same thing that everyone else has told me and that was "I'm sorry but that just can't be done".
I told her that first, that answer was not acceptable and second, there must be something that can be done or she wouldn't be calling me. Once again, we spoke for almost an hour (which brings my daily tally up to just over 4 hours for today) and the end result was that she was going to "escalate" my issue to the highest level of management. I know, that sounds a bit corny but my guess is that in saying so, that wil give a bit more finality to her "No" and in their eyes, hopefully make me shut up.

So, we have an appointment to talk again next week and I guess I'll see what happens. As it stands now, I'm married to them until at least the next 6 months and there is no way to get out without paying $280.00 in ETF - and according to them, the recent contract changes do not qualify for me to cancel without an ETF.

Also, according to her, there is NO WAY to change from a current plan to an EPRP without an ETF and waiting period. So, IMHO, sprint is more interested in raking in new customers than it is in keeping honest, bill paying, long term suckers, I mean customers like me. Corporate greed at its finest.

David
Old 09-09-2011, 08:57 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

In my history with Sprint I have went up all the way to VP..and it gets absolutely nothing...

as for the unlimited..it is unlimited..but they don't say "unrestricted"...there is a difference >.>

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-09-2011, 10:50 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
In my history with Sprint I have went up all the way to VP..and it gets absolutely nothing...

as for the unlimited..it is unlimited..but they don't say "unrestricted"...there is a difference >.>
LOL, so very true.

Speaks volumes for truth in advertising. Should be "unlimited is um, limited"

David
Old 09-09-2011, 11:41 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I think the very least they could do is send you a NIB TP2. There's got to be one out there.

Also, Congrats grandad!
Old 09-12-2011, 10:51 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Threadstarter

Well, like I figured, No is NO. I received my scheduled call today from another "executive assistant" to Mr. Hesse and was told that the ONLY option is to get another refurbed TP2. This one is going to be sent to the local Sprint store and inspected by them to make sure that it is fully functional and that I will be happy with it.

He told me that absolutely no exceptions could be made on the Arrive or any other smartphone as they are "locked" to the more expensive plans and there was no way to override them. I asked him if even Mr. Hesse said it was ok, then could it be done and he told me that the only way to do it was to go to a higher priced plan and there was no way at all to override it. LOL!

And.... the ETF still stands.

So, you win Sprint....for now, at least. I give up. And at the end of January, I will give you up too.

David
Old 09-13-2011, 11:23 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Threadstarter

OK, I'm at the point that I'm now about to blow an aneurism over this whole issue.

Sprint arranged an appointment for me to go to a local store to get yet another replacement TP2 (4th in just over a week now) because of the screen issue and because the proximity sensor isn't working - my ear presses keys while I'm on a call.

I went to the scheduled appointment and when the tech tried to place an order for another TP2, she was told that its on backorder (probably because I've used up 4 of them... LOL). So, I wasted yet more time and still have a crappy phone. On top of that, they STILL WILL NOT swap with another phone.

Time to file complaints with the AG and BBB.

David

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2