PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2011, 09:28 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Looks Like My TP2 Days are Over

Well, that was pretty short-lived. Turned out the replacement phone had a problem with the image sensor for the camera and had a big blotch on every picture.

Service center tried to fix it (after telling me it was dust on the lens) and wasn't able to. They told me that they disn't have any TP2's left at that location so they were going to send me a "new phone" since I am on TEP.

Rumor has it from a few good members here that it could possibly be an Arrive. Fedex tracking says its out for delivery so I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Hope the camera works as my first grandson is coming into this world tomorrow.

David
Old 09-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Well, that was pretty short-lived. Turned out the replacement phone had a problem with the image sensor for the camera and had a big blotch on every picture.

Service center tried to fix it (after telling me it was dust on the lens) and wasn't able to. They told me that they disn't have any TP2's left at that location so they were going to send me a "new phone" since I am on TEP.

Rumor has it from a few good members here that it could possibly be an Arrive. Fedex tracking says its out for delivery so I guess I'll find out soon enough.

David
yea the camera in my arrive takes pretty good quality pictures for an "HTC Camera"
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:37 PM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:

David

congrats on the new edition to ur family i'll keep my finger crossed that ur camera comes thru for ya =D>
Old 09-06-2011, 05:48 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Threadstarter

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community

New phone arrived and its another refurbed TP2. Backing up and transferring stuff now.

There are actually some signs of use on this one, particularly on the screen in the form of a few hairline scratches. The other refurb - the one I'm sending back - started to develop an "oil spot" or moir pattern on the screen...not a good sign.

Hopefully everything will be ok with this one. If not, I'll insist on something else.

David
Old 09-06-2011, 07:13 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Threadstarter

Well, looks like the replacement for the replacement is going back too. It has hard reset itself twice in the last half hour.

First HR was right after the first boot while I was going through the screen allignment and the second one was a short while later with it just sitting on my desk. After restarting the first time it took me back to the screen cal which was successful. Finished that, set up my email etc, synced everything back over and about 20 secs later it HR'd. Started from a clean slate again and now I'm waiting to see what happens.

GRRRRRRRR!

David

Edit: This is just freakin great!! First call on it and the earpiece buzzes like a bee that just slammed a margarita.

D

Last edited by DaveTN; 09-06-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

yup time to get that arrive.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:01 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
yup time to get that arrive.
Yeah, I was just on the phone with support and it HR'd while I was talking to them. The phone sounds like crap and I could hardly understand the guy.

He said they are sending out another TP2 and I told him that I did not want another refurb. He said that they go through a "rigrous quality control inspection" and I pointed out all the problems I've had since Saturday with TWO phones. He told me that he was "100% certain" that I'd be happy with the phone I get. I asked about the Arrive and he said that he was not authorized to send one out so I asked for someone that was and spoke with his supervisor who told me no can do. I told him if the next phone has any problem at all that I wanted something else.

So, we'll see what happens. This one wont be here for another three days.

David
Old 09-07-2011, 12:13 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Yeah, I was just on the phone with support and it HR'd while I was talking to them. The phone sounds like crap and I could hardly understand the guy.

He said they are sending out another TP2 and I told him that I did not want another refurb. He said that they go through a "rigrous quality control inspection" and I pointed out all the problems I've had since Saturday with TWO phones. He told me that he was "100% certain" that I'd be happy with the phone I get. I asked about the Arrive and he said that he was not authorized to send one out so I asked for someone that was and spoke with his supervisor who told me no can do. I told him if the next phone has any problem at all that I wanted something else.

So, we'll see what happens. This one wont be here for another three days.

David
Should have said..what are you willing to guarantee that it will work the next time...obviously if they are putting you through all this they should be willing to cough up compensation..if they are so "certain"..and then ask for his name and call number...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-08-2011, 10:47 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Threadstarter

Well, so much for 100% certain that I'll be happy. I gotta laugh. My THIRD and final refurbed replacement in less than one week arrived today and while it is more or less the best of the lot, it has a blue looking imperfection in the screen. Its not the "oil spot" but loks more like a pressure spot or a cluster of pixels the size of a pea that are going bad.

At first I thought it was the camera again becasue I noticed it when I took a picture but it was gone when I looked at it on my computer. Pulled it back up on the phone and there it is. Visible on all light color backgrounds.

Why am I going to make a deal about it? Well, he told me that he was "100% certain" that the phone he was sending would be perfect...and its not.

@gTen , yep, got his name.

I'm gonna give myself 12 hours to cool down and handle the situation appropriately. I've documented everything too so I'll call tomorrow and insist on something new. I've got a perfectly good EVO but they made it painfully clear that there was no way that they would activate it. Oh well. It would save them some money...

David

On a lighter side, my first grandson was born yesterday...just a day before my birthday and I got to take some pics of him with the phone...and of course, hold him. I'm walking on clouds now...
Old 09-08-2011, 11:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

jrebo is keeping up the good workjrebo is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Congratulations to the new Grandpa!

Sent from my PG86100 on the PPCGeeks App

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2