PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2010, 03:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Iphone has it now though. So I don't know why they wouldn't put it in wp7. Oh well. Let's hope that they update it pretty quick.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: New SERO Oct 1st

I dont understand why anyone is arguing about these fees. The $10 fee that ALL Sprint customers who want a 4g phone pay, is an early adopter fee. Its to help build towers and to help spread 4g access across the nation. Everyone knows this, so if you want one of these cool devices, and you want 4g to spread like 3g has, then just pay the damn fee. And Sprint offering a $10 upgrade that allows me to get unlimited mobile to ANY mobile as well as access to the latest and coolest Android phones, is awesome. If you don't think so, first of all you are wrong, second of all, you have the choice to stay on crappy windows mobile and live with an old TP2 that has a great keyboard but fails pretty much in every other department when compared to the newer phones.

How can people complain when they have been paying like 37 dollars a month including taxes for a ridiculously awesome cell phone plan? If you don't like the ABSOLUTELY reasonable offer Sprint will be making, stay with your current plan/phone or change carriers and pay at LEAST double your current bill to even APPROACH what you were getting on SERO. Bunch of whiners in this thread.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint -/|

mykie is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
Sprint did not tell me OH by the way when the cool phones come out 5 years from now we are going to start making you pay more per month and not provide you with ANY more service than you are able to use now if you want to use them even if you buy them out right no subsidy.
You act like this is a new and sudden change. SERO Users have always been limited in the selection of phones they have available to use on the plan.

It started way back when they introduced Power Vision, and SERO didn't have ANY Power Vision phones. We got phones like the Sanyo 8300, a handful of Audiovox phones, and a few Samsungs like A640 (!).

Then Sprint started adding Power Vision to SERO, and everyone jumped ship to the A920's, A900's, RAZRs, and finally PPC-6700s. There was a blackberry add-on for those devices, but I guess people were using them without this add-on. I don't know and I don't really care.

Then came the "iPhone killer (*cough*)", the Instinct. It had services enabled on the phone like Visual Voicemail and Sprint Navigation, things that weren't included in SERO, which required a different plan. A few phones after the Instinct came along, like the Palms and the Androids, also had the same requirement.

So you must have not been paying attention, because SERO has always been limited in phone selection. The difference now is that you get the option of paying more to use them.

And if you don't like that, the majority of phones Sprint offers are still compatible with your original SERO plan.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-05-2010, 04:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

spectheintro is keeping up the good workspectheintro is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
sure and in 2 years it will be $50 and 2 years after that its $60
Maybe. If they keep increasing prices, I'll probably reconsider staying with them.

Quote:
all they have to do is keep placing "new" limits on the phones you can use every couple of years and pretty soon you will be FORCED to upgrade as the last of your older phones "Breaks down" and you can not get a replacement and are they FORCED to decide upgrade or cancel service.
Well, I think "forced" is the wrong word to use here. No one's forcing anyone. You are allowed to keep what you've got. Do I think it's back-handed of Sprint to have locked us out? Sure. But they didn't force me to stay; I chose to. And it's worth noting you did too. We have our reasons. Once we believe it's no longer worth staying, we'll leave. And that's ok.

Quote:
I have the grapes. I will keep my current phone and my current price. When I can no longer do so I will cancel service. its that simple. I will not pay more without just cause.
That's totally fine. I understand your argument completely. I just happen to have a different threshold for when I will cancel service. Like I said, both viewpoints have merit. I'm not going to tell you that you're being stupid or irrational; I get what you're saying. I just feel differently. Although it's worth noting that if the devs get me Android working on my TP2 as well as it currently works on the Touch, then I probably won't upgrade. As awesome as the Epic looks, it's not worth $20/year to me if my TP2 can do everything it can, albeit a bit slower.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Ahh maybe I joined late. Power Vision versus non power vision is a non argument. you don't get to use that. ITs a DISTINCT technology change and ALWAYS required a plan change.

4g is not a distinct technology change AND only the evo and epic have it so that argument is out the window too.

When I got my sero account there was not one single phone that I could not use on my account as long as it was power vision (IE I could not easily activate my old sanyo 6200 if I wanted too since it was 1x only)

So sero has NEVER been "limited" in phone selection where those phones are otherwise technology compatible (IE power vision or 1xrtt) so your wrong.

there were NO restrictions on sero accounts that were not ALSO PRESENT on normal accounts.

if you had a normal $60 account with unlimited data you COULD NOT USE a sayon 8400 unless you CHANGED your plan to include unlimited power vision.

this is normal. this is NOT unique to sero.

as for your last comment. you miss the point. what happens in 2 years 5 years 10 years when THERE ARE no "sero" compatible phones.

not TECH compatible. that I can understand but phones that are incompatible SIMPLY because sprint says so not because the tech is different.

Sprint has no right to insist I pay more for android over windows mobile. thats the point you keep missing.

that is the same as saying the local gas station has the right to charge you for for the exact same gas just because you drive a nicer car.

Forget the evo and the epic. those are quazi arguably different TECH phones (ie another discussion)

all the other iconic phones are NO DIFFERENT than non iconic phones from a technology standpoint.
Old 09-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

"Well, I think "forced" is the wrong word to use here. No one's forcing anyone. You are allowed to keep what you've got. Do I think it's back-handed of Sprint to have locked us out? Sure. But they didn't force me to stay; I chose to. And it's worth noting you did too. We have our reasons. Once we believe it's no longer worth staying, we'll leave. And that's ok."

while overall I agree with you here you are wrong. you simply do not understand the concept of FORCE.

force does not mean physical force. ANY coercion that compels you "make a choice" that you otherwise would not have made or have to make IS FORCE.

by sprint setting the precident that they can DECLARE certain tech compatible phones off limits IS FORCE.

if they succeed and continue with this precedent they will be able to FORCE US to make that choice whether we want to or not (THAT IS FORCE) simply by continuing to reduce the phone selection until non are palatable and we can no longer get them used.

IE think long term here folks. 2 years from now 5 years from now 10 years from now 20 years from now.

think about the inevitable conclusion of this kind of activity. its FORCE whether you see it as such or not does not change this reality. its FORCE and without cause.
Old 09-05-2010, 04:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectheintro View Post
As awesome as the Epic looks, it's not worth $20/year to me if my TP2 can do everything it can, albeit a bit slower.
just a slight correction though I am guess you do understand

thats $240 a year or $2400 over the next decade.

You can buy a couple of CARS for that kind of money. or pay 4-6 months RENT for that kind of money.

or nearly 5 YEARS of sprint service at my current rate.

thats a lot of money. we are not talking ok a one time fee here or a $5 fee (which would be about right for anymobile and the useless navigation)
Old 09-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

OMG, nerys please for the love of the internet, please just stop.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
OMG, nerys please for the love of the internet, please just stop.
Get your point across a couple of times then lurk.

$2400 over the next 10 years. So 1 month out of 120 months of my money will go to use a new up-to-date phone for the next 10 years. Something that I always have on me and use is worth 1 month of work. Some of those android apps I find really useful. Things I can't do on windows mobile. I'll pay $20 more a month for all those free android apps that I will find useful.

Instead of looking at the negatives all the time look at the positives. Otherwise life sucks.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:55 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wow...the $240/mo or $2400/decade is still the topic on this thread huh?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2