View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 04:01 PM
spectheintro
PPCGeeks Regular

spectheintro is keeping up the good workspectheintro is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New SERO Oct 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
sure and in 2 years it will be $50 and 2 years after that its $60
Maybe. If they keep increasing prices, I'll probably reconsider staying with them.

Quote:
all they have to do is keep placing "new" limits on the phones you can use every couple of years and pretty soon you will be FORCED to upgrade as the last of your older phones "Breaks down" and you can not get a replacement and are they FORCED to decide upgrade or cancel service.
Well, I think "forced" is the wrong word to use here. No one's forcing anyone. You are allowed to keep what you've got. Do I think it's back-handed of Sprint to have locked us out? Sure. But they didn't force me to stay; I chose to. And it's worth noting you did too. We have our reasons. Once we believe it's no longer worth staying, we'll leave. And that's ok.

Quote:
I have the grapes. I will keep my current phone and my current price. When I can no longer do so I will cancel service. its that simple. I will not pay more without just cause.
That's totally fine. I understand your argument completely. I just happen to have a different threshold for when I will cancel service. Like I said, both viewpoints have merit. I'm not going to tell you that you're being stupid or irrational; I get what you're saying. I just feel differently. Although it's worth noting that if the devs get me Android working on my TP2 as well as it currently works on the Touch, then I probably won't upgrade. As awesome as the Epic looks, it's not worth $20/year to me if my TP2 can do everything it can, albeit a bit slower.
This post has been thanked 1 times.