mykie
PPCGeeks Regular

mykie is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New SERO Oct 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
Sprint did not tell me OH by the way when the cool phones come out 5 years from now we are going to start making you pay more per month and not provide you with ANY more service than you are able to use now if you want to use them even if you buy them out right no subsidy.
You act like this is a new and sudden change. SERO Users have always been limited in the selection of phones they have available to use on the plan.

It started way back when they introduced Power Vision, and SERO didn't have ANY Power Vision phones. We got phones like the Sanyo 8300, a handful of Audiovox phones, and a few Samsungs like A640 (!).

Then Sprint started adding Power Vision to SERO, and everyone jumped ship to the A920's, A900's, RAZRs, and finally PPC-6700s. There was a blackberry add-on for those devices, but I guess people were using them without this add-on. I don't know and I don't really care.

Then came the "iPhone killer (*cough*)", the Instinct. It had services enabled on the phone like Visual Voicemail and Sprint Navigation, things that weren't included in SERO, which required a different plan. A few phones after the Instinct came along, like the Palms and the Androids, also had the same requirement.

So you must have not been paying attention, because SERO has always been limited in phone selection. The difference now is that you get the option of paying more to use them.

And if you don't like that, the majority of phones Sprint offers are still compatible with your original SERO plan.
This post has been thanked 2 times.