PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2010, 01:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New SERO Oct 1st

not the same thing rushco. you KNEW it was an introductory rate. there was no question from day 1 your rate would go up after 6 months.

Sprint did not tell me OH by the way when the cool phones come out 5 years from now we are going to start making you pay more per month and not provide you with ANY more service than you are able to use now if you want to use them even if you buy them out right no subsidy.

apples and oranges.

BTW I got my comcast bill lowered to $38. they raped the analog spectrum so we get NOTHING on tv now unless we RENT boxes (we refuse) so I told them drop the price and can the $15 surcharge for not having TV or I switch to Clear and I don't care how much faster you are than clear.

They lowered the price.

alas there is currently no "competitor" to sprint though cricket is not far behind them. Not far at all. in 2 or 3 years cricket will be a serious contender for sprint.

--

change takes either powerful message or raw numbers but raw numbers don't just POOF create themselves. they start off with one person telling another one person HEY this is not right. Do that enough and you get change.

the trick is communication and education. They are very good at obfuscating both.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:04 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

I'm starting to feel pain in this arguement. I'm with time warner. They're raising my rate 5 dollars per year every time I've sigjned a new contract with them. I knew they would do this when I first started 5 years ago with them. The introductory price now is way lower than what I'm paying. I called them and talk3ed to them a few times ane I can't get them to lower their rate for me. I've been with them for 5 years and I get no love. I'm going to switch to at&t. The price is higher, but I'm going to prove a point to time warner by taking my buisen3ess 3lsewhere. Are you willing to do that? The point is I'm not goint to rall6y the troops to get my point across. I'm going to vote with my dollars. It doesn't matter how old you are, that's how it is now. Youngster, old bastard, whatever. Sprint, dollar for dollar, sero or not, is cheaper and more reliable than any other network or carrier. Call the bbb. Call your congressman. It won't help. All you can do is negotiate with sprint. But if you are goingt to cancel, you better be ready to follow through.. or your going nowhere. You got the grapes? Got to att. Enjoy it for a few months and come on back to sprint for the good prices. At that point you'll already have lost sero and can't get a price like that anywhere and will want to come back. Only difference is you'll be 200 dollars poorer from early term fees. Think about your new price over the next 10 years and reminence about paying 30 bucks a month. Remember, no one is forcing you to upgrade.

Old 09-05-2010, 02:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

spectheintro is keeping up the good workspectheintro is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Guys, I really don't know why there's so much emotion in this argument. The people debating clearly fall into two camps:

1.) What the hell? Sprint is charging me more for trying to buy a better phone? Who do they think they are?!

2.) What the hell? Sprint is going to let me finally upgrade to a better phone? AWESOME!

Both viewpoints have merit. What Sprint did to SERO users by locking us out of certain phones sucked. That's the truth. But it's also pretty awesome that I can get a $40/mo plan with unlimited data, messaging, mobile2mobile, etc. with an Android phone. (I'm not going to talk about the 4G $10 charge because while I understand why Sprint is doing it, I think it's totally retarded.)

No one is really going to convince anyone else of their opinion in this regard, because there are no "facts" that can make someone think they're not getting screwed if they think Sprint is screwing them, and there's no amount of legal posturing/philosophizing that will make someone who's psyched about their $40/mo Android plan think they're getting cheated.

So let's just all agree to disagree, and universally praise the chefs and devs we've got, who are about to get me a fully-working Android on my TP2. Now THAT's worth celebrating.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:22 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

True dat.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:15 AM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

At this point my only question is will Sprint have any good 3G Android phones coming out soon? Everything seems to be gravitating towards 4G. They don't have 4G where I live, so why would I pay $20.mo extra just to get a new phone, I hope they start making some 3G options.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 09-05-2010, 12:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
That's my exact question. If they came out with a 3g variant of the evo, I would get that right now. I don't have 4g in my area and I would like to stop paying that fee. I would keep the evo when I go to orlando or daytona since they have 4g there but I hate paying the fee when most of the time I live in a non 4g area. I guess we will see.
Sprint better continue coming out with new phones. Verizon is getting ready to release an android world phone.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2010, 01:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: SprintTel

hi-tech is a n00b

^^ I wouldn't get my hopes up for a 3g only Evo / Epic etc... Would make absolutely no sense in Sprint's mind. They love that $10 fee too much.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

"Both viewpoints have merit. What Sprint did to SERO users by locking us out of certain phones sucked. That's the truth. But it's also pretty awesome that I can get a $40/mo plan with unlimited data, messaging, mobile2mobile, etc. with an Android phone. (I'm not going to talk about the 4G $10 charge because while I understand why Sprint is doing it, I think it's totally retarded.)"

sure and in 2 years it will be $50 and 2 years after that its $60

all they have to do is keep placing "new" limits on the phones you can use every couple of years and pretty soon you will be FORCED to upgrade as the last of your older phones "Breaks down" and you can not get a replacement and are they FORCED to decide upgrade or cancel service.

I have the grapes. I will keep my current phone and my current price. When I can no longer do so I will cancel service. its that simple. I will not pay more without just cause.

and a $10 "because we can" fee is not just cause in my book.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I guess we will see. Maybe the first wp7 will be 3g. I would not mind trying it out when it comes out. It's just too bad it won't have copy and paste when it first comes out. I thought I could go without it but I use it all the time, especially in emails. Microsoft better add copy and paste pretty fast. That alone will keep me from buying it on release date.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

slight OT but what is it with copy and paste not being implemented on these high end phones? (iphone and now W7 phone)
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2