PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2010, 02:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTV Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Simpdapimp is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Simpdapimp
Re: Native HTC messaging MMS fix (collaboration)

im still using 2.5 and it does seem as if the thread is dying. I still haven't given up im still looking around and testing everything that i know how to do(which isnt much in regards to this)
Old 01-12-2010, 03:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tour hybrid/ EvoRooteD

brol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to brol1k

i think ppl are waiting on gregbolt to get his hands on a hero. But I am one who has bailed on 2.5 for the time being.
Sprint 4g speed:
Old 01-12-2010, 03:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

12gage is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
For those that need them, here are the Valkyrie cabs.

will this work on sense with my touch pro?
Old 01-12-2010, 05:27 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

the following post is what I have used to fix my MMS issues http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=5620 .

I did find however it sticks better if you use the mms for verizon fix by val.. But DOnt use the HTC kill by valk.. Unless you want just SMS. I can tell you if you have tried to tweak your mms already before installing Valkyrie's file it won't do it. I got error that said didnt have permission everytime.

Using Valkyrie's file makes it "stick" better, After trying diff settings, that sometimes switch back after soft reset, *@&^%#*(!% cm gUARDIAN) ( kILL IT IF YOU KNOW HOW. So if you have the time, simply swipe your system setup your MMS & have at it!

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro2

hammerj is becoming a great contributor

Sprint users,

Here is what worked for me.
1. Take picture on phone.
2. Put in envelope and mail off to who ever you wish.
3. Send complete.

Hope everyone gets a laugh from this. I know there are so many people out there working on this and spending countless hours trying to get a solid fix for this issue, so thank you to all of you!

One day it will come and I can switch back to 2.5 cause it was really cool.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

I have still been actively checking on this issue. I have noticed that no matter what, we do not seem to get a response from Sprint's server. That is a given hence the reason why no messages are ever recieved. This is also jusitified when trying to "ping" Sprint's MMS server. What I stumbled upon today may or may not be another step in the right direcion for Sprint.

I navigated to HKLM\Comm\Cellular Line\Parms\TcpIp

Within that value are a Default Gateway, DNS, IP Address, and Subnet Mask. I checked the IP's on my current rom (MR.X 1.6.5) and verified all IP's belong to Sprint.

My question now is whether or not HTC Messaging is using the correct Gateway/IP settings. If maybe a different gateway is used perhaps we can communicate with their server and get a response. I will still be looking into this....
Old 01-13-2010, 08:10 AM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12gage View Post
will this work on sense with my touch pro?
They will, but the issue is still with sending.

Z
Old 01-13-2010, 08:35 AM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Since I noticed a lot of VZW users still having issues, I exported all my reg settings that I am currently running and have working. I made sure to include all the registration keys too, so depending on the ROM your using, those might be the reason for things not working correctly. As like the other files I posted, make sure to do a replace on 'REPLACEME' with your 10 digit phone number.

Just in case people don't read this completely, THIS IS FOR VERIZON ONLY. According to Mike, people can read red disclaimers better. lol

I had to zip the reg file, since it was 'over the limit' for text files.

Z
Attached Files
File Type: zip Jataayu-Current.zip (4.8 KB, 76 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

TheLastRoman is becoming a great contributor

Just like to throw this out there because I have been following this for a while...

I have an electrical job to do at a very good friend's house that I have been putting off because all my commercial accounts are keeping me VERY BUSY. He has a Hero. If we are still waiting for this Hero dump, I can get it. Just say the word and I will schedule him in and get the Hero dump at the same time.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

gregbolt is keeping up the good workgregbolt is keeping up the good workgregbolt is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by brol1k View Post
i think ppl are waiting on gregbolt to get his hands on a hero. But I am one who has bailed on 2.5 for the time being.

Sorry it took me so long to respond, been a very busy week.

I do have a Hero, trans. my number to it to use it. I will be digging through it this weekend. Can't see anything obvoius yet. Sprint locked out the MMS settings so it cannot be changed thru UI. Rooted it and running a copy of Fresh1.1 which still kepps the HTC Messaging so I can look at settings.

I should have an update by the end of the day.

Touch Pro 2
EnergyROM Leo 23557 Sense 2.5
This post has been thanked 6 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2