PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2010, 09:49 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Native HTC messaging MMS fix (collaboration)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brol1k View Post
then u go to that thread and ask there!
Wowzers, never thought of that!
Old 01-05-2010, 10:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g/HTC TP 2

navymarvin is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to navymarvin

Im not really that familiar with how things work but if you got an HTC phone that has similar messaging program and on the same network could that be a start. I know my girlfriends hero has a similar messaging app to the 2.5 one that i have on my tp2 is there a way to look in there for the answer to why we cant send/receive. if its already been attempted just ignore this post
Old 01-05-2010, 10:44 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

gregbolt is keeping up the good workgregbolt is keeping up the good workgregbolt is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by navymarvin View Post
Im not really that familiar with how things work but if you got an HTC phone that has similar messaging program and on the same network could that be a start. I know my girlfriends hero has a similar messaging app to the 2.5 one that i have on my tp2 is there a way to look in there for the answer to why we cant send/receive. if its already been attempted just ignore this post

Unfortunately, there is no CDMA carrier that is using the Windows 6.5 platform and Sense 2.5 to be able to examine the settings. The closest device would be the Imagio from VZ but it is not running Sense 2.5 and not using HTC Messaging.

You are correct, the Hero is using HTC Messaging. What we are looking for is someone to do a backup of a device (ie system.img file) so we can examine the Hero's Messaging settings and see what the differences are.

This involves rooting the Hero
http://theunlockr.com/2009/11/07/how...print-verizon/

and then doing an android backup.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=459830

Once that is done, the system.img file can be opened using the Android Emulator and we can examine and extract the settings that the Hero is using and try to add the info into the WM version.

We know, at this point, that it is using http://mms.sprintpcs.com, port 80 and WAP 2.0 for the setting but there is more info under the hood that needs to be examined.

If you are willing to do this, be careful before uploading a system.img file. There may be some info in the phone that you do not want public, ie contacts, phone numbers, etc. There are a few people in here working on this that can help out. PM me if you have questions.

Touch Pro 2
EnergyROM Leo 23557 Sense 2.5
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:33 PM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbolt View Post
If you are willing to do this, be careful before uploading a system.img file. There may be some info in the phone that you do not want public, ie contacts, phone numbers, etc. There are a few people in here working on this that can help out. PM me if you have questions.
Thanks Greg,

I've never rooted an Android phone, never really used one either. With that said, I do know Linux quite well, and would help look over the dump. I'm almost sure it will be the same messaging app, if so, there will be similar settings, we can at least look at the settings files and the executable files, like I've been doing already on the WinMo side of things.

I'll download the emulator tonight when I get home and take a look at the Eris image I already have.

Z
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTV Evo

Simpdapimp is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Simpdapimp

Does the UAProfile and UserAgent have anything to do with this maybe? Im not up on most of this but i thought the UAProfile and UserAgent were sent as part of the header when sending MMS. Could it be that the MMS is reaching the server but not passing bc the UAProfile is not correct? I ask bc i went back to my TP and looked at the UAProfile for Arcsoft and it says "http://device.sprintpcs.com/Palm//PTR850HK/Treo850e103.rdf" which the TP was obviously not a Treo850, and seems that it was designed to trick the server that it was. So could that be the case that we are having here? My UAProfile on my TP2 running Mighty's Latest WAR ROM has "http://www.htcmms.com.tw/gen/HTC_Touch_Pro2_t7373-1.0.xml" could this be something that the server is rejecting bc it doesnt recognize it as an acceptable device for Sprint?

Just trying to help, after reading thru 44 pages of peoples suggestions i figured i could at least add mine and see what help it may be.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:14 PM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpdapimp View Post
Does the UAProfile and UserAgent have anything to do with this maybe? Im not up on most of this but i thought the UAProfile and UserAgent were sent as part of the header when sending MMS. Could it be that the MMS is reaching the server but not passing bc the UAProfile is not correct? I ask bc i went back to my TP and looked at the UAProfile for Arcsoft and it says "http://device.sprintpcs.com/Palm//PTR850HK/Treo850e103.rdf" which the TP was obviously not a Treo850, and seems that it was designed to trick the server that it was. So could that be the case that we are having here? My UAProfile on my TP2 running Mighty's Latest WAR ROM has "http://www.htcmms.com.tw/gen/HTC_Touch_Pro2_t7373-1.0.xml" could this be something that the server is rejecting bc it doesnt recognize it as an acceptable device for Sprint?

Just trying to help, after reading thru 44 pages of peoples suggestions i figured i could at least add mine and see what help it may be.
Try setting them yourself, I can't test it, since I'm not on Sprint:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Jataayu\MMS\SP\UserAge nt]
"UserAgent"=
"UAProfile"=

Z
Old 01-06-2010, 03:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTV Evo

Simpdapimp is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Simpdapimp

should i just try to put the data in the UAProfile and UserAgent fields just as it is in the Arcsoft from TP? Or would i need to do other reg edits too?
Old 01-06-2010, 04:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

gregbolt is keeping up the good workgregbolt is keeping up the good workgregbolt is keeping up the good work

Quote:
... I ask bc i went back to my TP and looked at the UAProfile for Arcsoft and it says "http://device.sprintpcs.com/Palm//PTR850HK/Treo850e103.rdf" which the TP was obviously not a Treo850, and seems that it was designed to trick the server that it was. So could that be the case that we are having here? My UAProfile on my TP2 running Mighty's Latest WAR ROM has "http://www.htcmms.com.tw/gen/HTC_Touch_Pro2_t7373-1.0.xml" could this be something that the server is rejecting bc it doesnt recognize it as an acceptable device for Sprint?

You may have an Arcsoft installed on it that was setup for the Treo. Settings can be applied to the CAB files to set those registry values.
Arcsoft settings are in the 2.5 ROMs but can be deleted without affecting the HTC Messaging Client.

Quote:
should i just try to put the data in the UAProfile and UserAgent fields just as it is in the Arcsoft from TP? Or would i need to do other reg edits too?
I was using the following for those entries.
profile http://device.sprintpcs.com/HTC/PPCT7380SP/1216513.rdf
UserAgent T7380

These were the settings from the current official Sprint ROM Arcsoft WspHeader. The 1216513 number is the ROM version number. I was using this in case Sprint was requiring a valid ROM number in it's authentication
Old 01-06-2010, 04:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tour hybrid/ EvoRooteD

brol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to brol1k

Quote:
try adding the same regs as it is in arcsoft....I see for wapheader it says X-MDN and not X-Sprint-MDN like u said to use, so I used http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mmsX-MDN=1mynumber (with the 1 in front) and it sent the mms out but no receive , and then theres another reg that says x-wap-profile = http://www.arcsoft.com/mobile/UAProf...UA-PPC-v50.xml just like sim said above...is there anyway we can locate this xml file that arcsoft is using? maybe theres something in there.
Sprint 4g speed:
Old 01-06-2010, 05:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

kd8fre is keeping up the good workkd8fre is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by brol1k View Post
try adding the same regs as it is in arcsoft....I see for wapheader it says X-MDN and not X-Sprint-MDN like u said to use, so I used http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mmsX-MDN=1mynumber (with the 1 in front) and it sent the mms out but no receive , and then theres another reg that says x-wap-profile = http://www.arcsoft.com/mobile/UAProf...UA-PPC-v50.xml just like sim said above...is there anyway we can locate this xml file that arcsoft is using? maybe theres something in there.
If you are referring to the xml link in your post, its attached, personally i did not see anything in there of use, but it's very possible im wrong.

KD8FRE
Attached Files
File Type: zip Arcsoft-MMSUA-PPC-v50.zip (1.2 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!
(All have been Sprint)
If I have been of any help, please hit the fancy "Thanks" button in the corner!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2