PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2009, 07:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2
Carrier: MetroPCS

mikezpc is keeping up the good workmikezpc is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Native HTC messaging MMS fix (collaboration)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastert33 View Post
Did you read any of the posts in this thread?? That's the whole point of this thread! It's working for verizon but not sprint. I know from posts that you should set your port to 80 and no wap. The ip address is the thing that people don't know.

although its my info im on metropcs not sprint, but i guess i could have been more clear and added that in the post
Old 12-29-2009, 07:35 PM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezpc View Post
has anyone been able to get htc messaging mms from Leo\HD2 to work on METROPCS ? mms works fine without it, but for the leo messaging there's an extra mms settings that i just cant get. i think what i am missing is which ip address to use, which port and weather it should be WAP1.2 or WAP 2.0 or no wap.

ive been trying every setting possible n i got nothing
I'm assuming you're on MetroPCS, since that's what you're carrier is listed as. Anyway, quick Google search, and here's your answer:

Gateway IP: 92.242.144.10
Port number: 3128
Server address: http://mms.metropcs.net/mmsc?X-metropcs-MDN=1234567890 (your phone number)
WAP=None

You might need to change the MMSC to: http://mms.metropcs.net/mmsc?X-metropcs-MDN=(your number)&X-DEVICE-MIN=1(your number)

Z
Old 12-29-2009, 08:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2
Carrier: MetroPCS

mikezpc is keeping up the good workmikezpc is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
I'm assuming you're on MetroPCS, since that's what you're carrier is listed as. Anyway, quick Google search, and here's your answer:

Gateway IP: 92.242.144.10
Port number: 3128
Server address: http://mms.metropcs.net/mmsc?X-metropcs-MDN=1234567890 (your phone number)
WAP=None

You might need to change the MMSC to: http://mms.metropcs.net/mmsc?X-metropcs-MDN=(your number)&X-DEVICE-MIN=1(your number)

Z

thanks for trying, but it's a no go
Old 12-29-2009, 09:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Does anyone know if the ROM available for the Hero can be unpacked in a kicthen like a WinMo ROM into packages. Perhaps if the 2.5 Messaging Client is in there we can see exactly how it is set up.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:08 AM
Geek with a Gun

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post
Does anyone know if the ROM available for the Hero can be unpacked in a kicthen like a WinMo ROM into packages. Perhaps if the 2.5 Messaging Client is in there we can see exactly how it is set up.
I just downloaded the Leo 2.02 ROM Yesterday, let me find the link again for you.

Z

EDIT: Here it is: http://www.sendspace.com/file/6rvqwc

Last edited by ziggy471; 12-30-2009 at 06:21 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pdawg17 is keeping up the good workpdawg17 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post
And didn't someone mention that on the Hero MMS is set up using WAP 2.0? So shouldn't we be trying combinations of things using WAP 2.0 or is it possible to get it working without WAP as well?
Old 12-30-2009, 12:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

gregbolt is keeping up the good workgregbolt is keeping up the good workgregbolt is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post
And didn't someone mention that on the Hero MMS is set up using WAP 2.0? So shouldn't we be trying combinations of things using WAP 2.0 or is it possible to get it working without WAP as well?

Yes, the Hero is using WAP 2.0. I have a deviceanywhere account and have check the Hero's MMS settings and it is definitely using WAP2.0
Old 12-30-2009, 12:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

gregbolt is keeping up the good workgregbolt is keeping up the good workgregbolt is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
I just downloaded the Leo 2.02 ROM Yesterday, let me find the link again for you.

Z

EDIT: Here it is: http://www.sendspace.com/file/6rvqwc

Which ROM is this, Android with Sense2.5?

I saw a regkey in it and was curious.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:00 PM
Geek with a Gun

I've figured out how to enable better logging functions in the Jataayu client. It appears that it might not be an issue with the jMMS client to wanting to go into CDMA mode, it appears that it queries RIL, which tells it that our phone is a twin sim GSM, not a CDMA global. This could be why it's ignoring some of the keys we've been trying.

Anyone here understand RIL and can give me a hand, I'd appreciate it.

If anyone wants to see the extended logging, change the following:
HKLM\Software\Jataayu\Messaging
LogBuffer=dword:00000100
LogLevel=dword:000000ff
HKLM\Software\Jataayu\MMS\SP
Logging=dword:00000001

You'll notice new files created now under ErrorRep, the one I've been looking at is MessagingService.txt, it's the debug log file for the MessagingService.dll.

Z
Old 12-30-2009, 01:05 PM
Geek with a Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbolt View Post
Yes, the Hero is using WAP 2.0. I have a deviceanywhere account and have check the Hero's MMS settings and it is definitely using WAP2.0
Acrsoft also uses WAP 2.0. Myself and others have tried every option we can think of to make it work. The only thing that we've been able to get working is WAP=None. While going through this whole process, I've discovered the keys we most likely need to set, it's just the client doesn't read them right now. Most likely this is do to the phone reporting that it's a twin-SIM GSM, instead of a CDMA WorldPhone, at least that's my guess.

Mine works on Verizon, I just want it to work correctly on ALL networks, without having to posts to the server in the url line. If anyone has the setting files off the Hero, shoot them my way, maybe that will help with what I'm missing.

Z

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2