PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 05:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tour hybrid/ EvoRooteD
Carrier: Sprint

brol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to brol1k
Re: Native HTC messaging MMS fix (collaboration)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd8fre View Post
If you are referring to the xml link in your post, its attached, personally i did not see anything in there of use, but it's very possible im wrong.

KD8FRE
thanks ill look into this, well I pasted the arcsoft link and took me here: http://www.arcsoft.com/mobile/UAProf...UA-PPC-v50.xml and in there are several links to some sites here: http://www.openmobilealliance.org/Te...l/schemas.aspx

Not sure if this means anything but if its in there its b/c its useful im guessing, if im wrong please tell me to stop lol as im going thru everything and every possibility to get this working...hey cant we just write a letter to htc or sumtin and ask them to fix mms for all cdma devices lol
Sprint 4g speed:
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Another observation:
I see that the UAProf is also under the following key in the registry:
-HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/InternetSettings

I checked it against the OEM Sprint ROM and noticed that any and all placed the UAProf key is, it is set as http://device.sprintpcs.com/HTC/PPCT7380SP/1216513.rdf

I am wondering if this may also be a key of interest as we know that Arcsoft used "The Internet" to connect and send MMS.

Here is a screen cap from the OEM Sprint ROM:

And here is one from the Juicy R5 test ROM:

Old 01-08-2010, 12:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

averagejoe69 is becoming a great contributor

I still feel like a NOOB here...
So this last post tells me what exactly?
Old 01-08-2010, 01:43 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T
Threadstarter

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe69 View Post
I still feel like a NOOB here...
So this last post tells me what exactly?
If I'm not mistaken...there is still the issue of the HTC messaging client (TF3D2.5) not getting the data from your MMS sent out to the proper place.

For us Sprint folks...we're stuck on the MMS being sent...but never received on the other side. Meaning so far the messaging client is pointed at a different server/IP address.

There are custom ROM's out there that have been setup to work around this "minor" inconvenience, but the object of this thread is to get something that is NOT designed for this phone...and making it work collectively...and so far this thread has yielded some good results.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTV Evo

Simpdapimp is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Simpdapimp

I checked my "Send" log this morning and opened in in a text editor and kept noticing this line

No. of Bytes to Send: 274432
Send Erorr Value: 10035

So i began looking more into the 10035 error message, and it seems to be some type of socket error. Dealing with the buffer being full, and i have seen some examples where that error was caused when the socket connection timed out. Could this be the case, that the socket to the MMS server is closing before the entire message is sent?

Just a shot in the dark, i really really want MMS to work.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

gregbolt is keeping up the good workgregbolt is keeping up the good workgregbolt is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
Thanks Greg,

I've never rooted an Android phone, never really used one either. With that said, I do know Linux quite well, and would help look over the dump. I'm almost sure it will be the same messaging app, if so, there will be similar settings, we can at least look at the settings files and the executable files, like I've been doing already on the WinMo side of things.

I'll download the emulator tonight when I get home and take a look at the Eris image I already have.

Z
Neither have I but I will on Monday. Someone I know is going to let me borrow a Hero on Monday. Monday night should be fun. He has a TP2 running Energy Leo 2.5 and hates that he cannot MMS but won't give up 2.5. He has a Hero layin around as a backup if his TP2 goes out.

Hopefully Monday will be the beginning of diagnosing the problem and come up with a solution to fix it on the WM devices running 2.5.

Touch Pro 2
EnergyROM Leo 23557 Sense 2.5
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint EVRP

kevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kevmo1965

I really hope this gets fixed soon, I really miss manila 2.5

Old 01-11-2010, 01:52 AM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I'm hoping Ziggy comes up with the fix so I can steal his work, go onto the sprint forums, create a screen name TheREALZiggy and claim I found the solution
Old 01-11-2010, 09:18 PM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Guess it wasn't OBVIOUS to some people, but of course the post above is a JOKE.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

averagejoe69 is becoming a great contributor

Is this a dead thread now? Seems like a lot of Sprint users are bailing out on 2.5.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2