PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2010, 02:42 PM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Native HTC messaging MMS fix (collaboration)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzakre View Post
Ive got a question. Is there a difference between the Hero and the Leo roms and messaging setup? Im not sure which setup we're looking at here but my current rom, NRGz 28011 December 31st release, is running HTC and Arcsoft side-by-side seemlessly. Like I said in an earlier post Im not sure if something changed in the newest release but its working perfectly.
Hero is Android, don't know what it uses for it's messaging client, but it's config might help. Leo 2.02 ROM is what these latest cooked ROMs are coming from.

Having Arcsoft installed isn't using the HTC Messaging client (Jataayu) at all, it's the older Messaging client (Arcsoft) that HTC used. What we're attempting to do here is make the Native HTC Messaging Client work without Arcsoft installed.

Z
Old 01-03-2010, 05:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HD2, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro
Carrier: T-Mobile

coreyharris2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoreyharris2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoreyharris2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoreyharris2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Has anyone figured out how to make mms on htc messaging work with metropcs? i prefer htc over arcsoft...............
Old 01-03-2010, 06:13 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff

Installing Arcsoft and MMSFix 2.5 for Sprint. Will report back
Old 01-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Geek with a Gun

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSD View Post
Installing Arcsoft and MMSFix 2.5 for Sprint. Will report back
Arcsoft will work, but it's not the Native Messaging Client for 2.5, it's what HTC used on older versions of Manila.

Z
Old 01-03-2010, 07:00 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
Arcsoft will work, but it's not the Native Messaging Client for 2.5, it's what HTC used on older versions of Manila.

Z
Hmm this is weird.

I installed the disable HTC messaging cab. Installed Arcsoft. Installed MMS Fix and the HTC messaging is stills howing when I push "all messages"

Any ideas?
Old 01-03-2010, 07:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tour hybrid/ EvoRooteD

brol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to brol1k

Quote:
Hmm this is weird.

I installed the disable HTC messaging cab. Installed Arcsoft. Installed MMS Fix and the HTC messaging is stills howing when I push "all messages"

Any ideas?
if u installed zenyees disable htc messaging, that tweak isnt working 100% with the new LEO Manila.Please keep on topic in this thread as it was made specifically for getting htc mms working.
Sprint 4g speed:
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Geek with a Gun

Quote:
Hmm this is weird.

I installed the disable HTC messaging cab. Installed Arcsoft. Installed MMS Fix and the HTC messaging is still showing when I push "all messages"

Any ideas?
Disabling HTC messaging does not effect the Message Tab, that just pulls from the message datastore, nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brol1k View Post
if u installed zenyees disable htc messaging, that tweak isnt working 100% with the new LEO Manila.Please keep on topic in this thread as it was made specifically for getting htc mms working.
Thanks brol1k, you are correct. Hopefully we will get this fixed sooner rather than later, I'm tired of looking at Arm Assembly.

Z
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:51 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Anything involving disabling HTC mms or installing Arcsoft is not what this thread is about so if anyone is wanting to post involving these two ideas, PLEASE DONT! All your doing is clobbering this thread with junk everyone already knows.

Thanks!
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:34 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
Anything involving disabling HTC mms or installing Arcsoft is not what this thread is about so if anyone is wanting to post involving these two ideas, PLEASE DONT! All your doing is clobbering this thread with junk everyone already knows.

Thanks!
Sorry, cant seem to find out how. Can anyone just point me in the right direction? Search isn't yeilding any resuts. I'm on the latest NRG ROM.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tour hybrid/ EvoRooteD

brol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to brol1k

Quote:
Sorry, cant seem to find out how. Can anyone just point me in the right direction? Search isn't yeilding any resuts. I'm on the latest NRG ROM.
then u go to that thread and ask there!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2