PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 09:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Verizon

ttsupra95 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Native HTC messaging MMS fix (collaboration)

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
I only had to do step 3 on NRG Leo! ??? Worked like a champ!
Which NRG LEO are you using? I'm currently running the dec 31 28011 build and can not get this working. I've tried just what you did (I can send mms but not receive). Did Ziggy reg edit (now I can receive but not send). I have changed the server settings in MMS options and set WAP to none.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I finally got it working after 5-6hrs of different combinations and testing.

1. I installed the Mighty Rom Provisioning Cab. Soft Reset. Check all settings. Now have Verizon Wireless listed in server connection choices. Checked them all good.Tested. Could only send MMS not receive (could do this before Mighty Rom Cab just by changing server settings).

2. I then installed the Valkyrie 2.5. MMS fix (Mighty still installed). Soft reset. Checked settings, now have VZW listed under server connection choices with same setting choices but didnt have the X?-VZW-MDN=Mymobile# after the servlets setting (I put it in the Verizon Wireless choice earlier). Since I already had modified the Verizon Wireless server settings I stuck with it as default. I sent a MMS to myself and sent and received it. Sent a MMS from my sons phone and received it, replied back with and MMS and he received it. SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I cant believe it. Thanks to everybody on this thread, was getting very frustrated. I did not do the .reg edit from Ziggy even though all his info got the ball rolling and working for Verizon users. Hopefully Sprint people will have success next. Great way to start a new year. HAPPY NEW YEAR, and no I'm not drunk or was drunk to many kids, cant afford a babysitter.

Last edited by ttsupra95; 01-01-2010 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Update
Old 01-01-2010, 12:28 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post
They recently changed MMS server providers...
They are now using Syniverse Technologies (http://www.syniverse.com) as their MMS gateway. I wonder if that will help us solve the issue... perhaps the Sense 2.5 doesn't have the new server setting embedded in their code for Sprint and does for other providers, thus the reason Sprint users are having the most difficult time sending pictures? I don't know, just throwing something out there
Old 01-01-2010, 03:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
They are now using Syniverse Technologies (http://www.syniverse.com) as their MMS gateway. I wonder if that will help us solve the issue... perhaps the Sense 2.5 doesn't have the new server setting embedded in their code for Sprint and does for other providers, thus the reason Sprint users are having the most difficult time sending pictures? I don't know, just throwing something out there
If someone would like to try changing the IP address, Syniverse's is: 146.82.49.167 Also make sure that WAP 2.0 is selected and try it with the server address of http://mms.sprintpcs.com (you can try the (/servlets/mms?X-MDN=XXXXXXXXX also at the end of sprintpcs.com)
Old 01-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post
If someone would like to try changing the IP address, Syniverse's is: 146.82.49.167 Also make sure that WAP 2.0 is selected and try it with the server address of http://mms.sprintpcs.com (you can try the (/servlets/mms?X-MDN=XXXXXXXXX also at the end of sprintpcs.com)
It won't even send. I get the ! and eventually an "Unable to Send" message

Last edited by Chuck_IV; 01-01-2010 at 04:22 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint EPRP

dicast is keeping up the good workdicast is keeping up the good workdicast is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to dicast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzakre View Post
Extremely Important!!!!

First off Happy New Year everyone!!! Its 1am here and Ive been drinking so excuse me if this message is slightly incoherent however I assure you the information is correct.

Yesterday NRGz released his new rom using Sense 2.5.1922. Im using the 28011 version.

I downloaded the rom as normal, installed the zenyee disable HTC messaging cab and installed the Arcsoft MMS_Sprint_5_0_94_128c cab to use picture mail. My server settings are:
CDMA server name: Sprint
Gateway:blank
Port number: 80
Server Address: httpL/mms.sprintpcd.com/servlets/mms
Connect via: The internet
Send limit: 5000k

Today I scrolled over to the messaging tab and accidentally hit the message on the screen (instead of going to all messages) and the HTC messenger popped up. "Thats wierd" I thought but didnt think more of it. Then I got a MMS message and hit the message again from the messaging tab (instead of all messages) and the HTC screen popped up again with the message and a icon next to it that Ive never seen before with an envelope and a picture above the envelope. "Wierd" I thought again. I clicked it and up popped the mms that I got!!!!

So I decided to test this thing out. I uninstalled Zenyee "enabling" HTC again and tried the same message using the same method. HTC messaging came up but I was unable to load the MMS. The little icon wasnt even there anymore. Reinstalled Zenyee "disabling" HTC messaging and there was the little icon again!

So I tested sending a message. Unable to send mms through HTC but able to send SMS. Theres not even an option to send MMS through HTC. However I am able to send MMS through arcsoft by going to the all messages button and doing it the old fashioned way. The picture (61kb) sends right away but takes anywhere between 5-15 minutes to be recieved. I tested again by sending an mms from my girlfriends TP1 using an older version on energyrom with arcsoft and again it took 15 minutes to recieve however I was able to view it through HTC!!!!

To wrap up this rediculously long post...
I am able to receive/view mms and send/receive/view sms through HTC!
I am able to send/receive/view mms and sms through arcsoft.

I dont pretend to know what changed or why this is the case but it most definitely is! If you guys have any questions or any suggestions on helping me figure out why this works let me know.
sorry, i'm lost. can you put it in step by step?
Old 01-01-2010, 04:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicast View Post
sorry, i'm lost. can you put it in step by step?
I installed Zenyee disable HTC and arcsoft MMS. Thats usually what I have to do for picture mail to work with sprint. Usually this gets rid of HTC messaging completely. This time however HTC is still there.
The new rom I flashed has the landscape fix and I dont know what else. For zenyee to not get rid of HTC completely leads me to believe that something has change in HTC messaging with this new rom. Im still unable to send MMS through HTC but I can do everything else. It looks like while zenyee didnt disable HTC messaging completely it did disable the MMS part making it so that I dont even have the option to send MMS through HTC.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pdawg17 is keeping up the good workpdawg17 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_IV View Post
It won't even send. I get the ! and eventually an "Unable to Send" message
Same here...I was hoping that would get us somewhere...
Old 01-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post
Same here...I was hoping that would get us somewhere...
No settings using WAP will send. Are we sure that we have to use wap? Does arcsoft use it?
Old 01-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzakre View Post
No settings using WAP will send. Are we sure that we have to use wap? Does arcsoft use it?
It's not really sending tho. It just responds that it did but it didn't.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_IV View Post
It's not really sending tho. It just responds that it did but it didn't.
Yeah but its getting further than using wap which is why im questioning using wap at all.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2