PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 10:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

dimensi0n is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Native HTC messaging MMS fix (collaboration)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post
So how does sMMS work? Does it use the Sprint picture site through http to send pics?
Not 100% sure on this. We may even want to bug the author for some insight into our WAP 2.0 issue with Sprint.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:43 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimensi0n View Post
I noticed you mentioned you had an account with sMMS. I just want to clarify that this is FREE to everyone, but unless you donate to unlock sMMS Pro, you can only send with it. That's really all we need it for anyways right now.
if all you want to do is send then you don't need the pro, you are correct. this is working flawlessly for me and has been for weeks. when i had the mogul i wanted the pro edition for all services, i think it was only like $5 one time charge.
Google is the next skynet

Last edited by p-slim; 12-30-2009 at 10:46 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:09 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimensi0n View Post
Not 100% sure on this. We may even want to bug the author for some insight into our WAP 2.0 issue with Sprint.
I don't think it's an issue with Sprint, I think it's an issue with 2.5 for whatever reason. You can use a 2.5 enabled phone, disable the messaging and still send a picture so that leads me to believe it's an incompatibility within the 2.5 messaging interface.

Perhaps it's not calling a dll or something that allows pictures to be sent successfully I have no idea, I have been working with this off and on trying to figure out a solution so we can still use the HTC messaging.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pdawg17 is keeping up the good workpdawg17 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
I don't think it's an issue with Sprint, I think it's an issue with 2.5 for whatever reason. You can use a 2.5 enabled phone, disable the messaging and still send a picture so that leads me to believe it's an incompatibility within the 2.5 messaging interface.

Perhaps it's not calling a dll or something that allows pictures to be sent successfully I have no idea, I have been working with this off and on trying to figure out a solution so we can still use the HTC messaging.
I agree...just for kicks though I PM'd the guy that created sMMS and this is what he had to say...this may not be helpful at all but some of the lingo is way over my head so who knows...

"sMMS uses the Spint Site 100% BUT the sprint MMS app uses a hybrid. Mostly MM1/MM7 but it also sends URLS to the Sprint Site, like to retrieve Message IDs. It has been awhile since I investigated it , so I can't tell you for sure. You may want to install a packet sniffer program on your phone and see exactly what error is coming back from the sprint servers.

They recently changed MMS server providers to I wonder if they switched from MM1 to MM7, which would cause major issues."

Has someone here already used a packet sniffer with the IP address filled in with WAP 2.0 selected and found there to not show any errors?

Last edited by pdawg17; 12-31-2009 at 01:30 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 / Evo 4G (Soon)

BrianRVT is just getting started

Id like to help. What is the defacto packet sniffer for Windows Mobile? Thanks.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

gregbolt is keeping up the good workgregbolt is keeping up the good workgregbolt is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I agree...just for kicks though I PM'd the guy that created sMMS and this is what he had to say...this may not be helpful at all but some of the lingo is way over my head so who knows...

"sMMS uses the Spint Site 100% BUT the sprint MMS app uses a hybrid. Mostly MM1/MM7 but it also sends URLS to the Sprint Site, like to retrieve Message IDs. It has been awhile since I investigated it , so I can't tell you for sure. You may want to install a packet sniffer program on your phone and see exactly what error is coming back from the sprint servers.

They recently changed MMS server providers to I wonder if they switched from MM1 to MM7, which would cause major issues."

Has someone here already used a packet sniffer with the IP address filled in with WAP 2.0 selected and found there to not show any errors?
I have been sniffing the traffic from the TP2 to the Sprint server. When not using WAP, I can see traffic. When using WAP, no traffic. Trying to determine why no data is captured. As soon as I get that, I will upload a capture file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianRVT View Post
Id like to help. What is the defacto packet sniffer for Windows Mobile? Thanks.
I was using Handy Sniffer, it's $20 bucks but has been working. I'm trying out vxSniffer shortly to see if it's better and will capture WAP packets.

Touch Pro 2
EnergyROM Leo 23557 Sense 2.5
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:22 PM
N00b

gregbolt is keeping up the good workgregbolt is keeping up the good workgregbolt is keeping up the good work

Quote:

One other thing on this, when turning off WAP. The server was responding with a confirmation but the message was not received. I'm not sure what MM1 and MM7 are or the differences to be able to determine if that may be a cause.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pdawg17 is keeping up the good workpdawg17 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbolt View Post
One other thing on this, when turning off WAP. The server was responding with a confirmation but the message was not received. I'm not sure what MM1 and MM7 are or the differences to be able to determine if that may be a cause.
I thought with the Sprint IP address filled in and set to WAP 2.0 a message sent occurs...have you "sniffed" with those settings?
Old 12-31-2009, 01:31 PM
N00b

Yes but no message received and no captures show up in Handy Sniffer using the cellular adapter. Trying it with vxSniffer right now to check to see if it will capture the packets.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-01-2010, 02:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Extremely Important!!!!

First off Happy New Year everyone!!! Its 1am here and Ive been drinking so excuse me if this message is slightly incoherent however I assure you the information is correct.

Yesterday NRGz released his new rom using Sense 2.5.1922. Im using the 28011 version.

I downloaded the rom as normal, installed the zenyee disable HTC messaging cab and installed the Arcsoft MMS_Sprint_5_0_94_128c cab to use picture mail. My server settings are:
CDMA server name: Sprint
Gateway:blank
Port number: 80
Server Address: httpL/mms.sprintpcd.com/servlets/mms
Connect via: The internet
Send limit: 5000k

Today I scrolled over to the messaging tab and accidentally hit the message on the screen (instead of going to all messages) and the HTC messenger popped up. "Thats wierd" I thought but didnt think more of it. Then I got a MMS message and hit the message again from the messaging tab (instead of all messages) and the HTC screen popped up again with the message and a icon next to it that Ive never seen before with an envelope and a picture above the envelope. "Wierd" I thought again. I clicked it and up popped the mms that I got!!!!

So I decided to test this thing out. I uninstalled Zenyee "enabling" HTC again and tried the same message using the same method. HTC messaging came up but I was unable to load the MMS. The little icon wasnt even there anymore. Reinstalled Zenyee "disabling" HTC messaging and there was the little icon again!

So I tested sending a message. Unable to send mms through HTC but able to send SMS. Theres not even an option to send MMS through HTC. However I am able to send MMS through arcsoft by going to the all messages button and doing it the old fashioned way. The picture (61kb) sends right away but takes anywhere between 5-15 minutes to be recieved. I tested again by sending an mms from my girlfriends TP1 using an older version on energyrom with arcsoft and again it took 15 minutes to recieve however I was able to view it through HTC!!!!

To wrap up this rediculously long post...
I am able to receive/view mms and send/receive/view sms through HTC!
I am able to send/receive/view mms and sms through arcsoft.

I dont pretend to know what changed or why this is the case but it most definitely is! If you guys have any questions or any suggestions on helping me figure out why this works let me know.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2