PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 04:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tour hybrid/ EvoRooteD
Carrier: Sprint

brol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to brol1k
Re: Native HTC messaging MMS fix (collaboration)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post
I checked this against my working mms registry from Mr.X 1.6.5 and the Features shows the 102B908 so I am not sure if that may be the culprit.

I did however make some good ground so far. One of our main problems was the lack of being able to send using WAP 2.0.

I found that adding the IP address of 63.215.195.152 into the MMS Server settings will now allow us to use the native WAP 2.0 in HTC Messaging Client. Could be leading us a little further down the right path. Lets all keep up the good work.
thats what it sets itself to in HKLM/Software/Jataayu/Messaging/MMS/Cdma. I changed the MMSCURL to http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/MMS?X-SPRINT-MDN= but everytime I send out a mms I go back to see and it reverts back to http://63.215.195.152/servlets/mms
Sprint 4g speed:
Old 12-30-2009, 04:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

gregbolt is keeping up the good workgregbolt is keeping up the good workgregbolt is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post
The only other thing that I can figure is the fact that every message that send successfully has the "Accept */*" in the error report. When checking this against a working mms report, the Accept is "X-MDN" I am yet to find out where to place the right registry edit for this but will be working hard to find out!

Noticed the same thing when I was running packet captures:

Accept: */*, application/vnd.wap.mms-message\r\n

Couldn't find the setting anywhere. I am pretty sure this is the main culprit and a few secondaries that need to be resolved to get it working.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:44 PM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by brol1k View Post
thats what it sets itself to in HKLM/Software/Jataayu/Messaging/MMS/Cdma. I changed the MMSCURL to http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/MMS?X-SPRINT-MDN= but everytime I send out a mms I go back to see and it reverts back to http://63.215.195.152/servlets/mms
That's because your MMSPreferedNetwork is 2, which is GSM. So you can either change the MMS Network, or Change the GSM key instead.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Jataayu\Messaging\Netw ork]
"MMSPreferredNetwork"=dword:00000001
"SMSPreferredNetwork"=dword:00000001

Also check these values:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Jataayu\MMS\Profiles]
"ActiveProfileCDMA"="Verizon"
"ActiveProfileGSM"="Verizon"

And my actual profile is under:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Jataayu\MMS\Profiles\V erizon]

What the client does is copy that into these keys for you:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Jataayu\Messaging\MMS\ Profile\CDMA]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Jataayu\Messaging\MMS\ Profile\GSM]

Z
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:46 PM
Geek with a Gun

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbolt View Post
Noticed the same thing when I was running packet captures:

Accept: */*, application/vnd.wap.mms-message\r\n

Couldn't find the setting anywhere. I am pretty sure this is the main culprit and a few secondaries that need to be resolved to get it working.
Refer back to http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=296

I showed where those keys are, and they do work, unlike the others I found.

Z
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
Refer back to http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=296

I showed where those keys are, and they do work, unlike the others I found.
Tried both sets of AcceptHeader values and both still left the Accept */* in the error report.

EDIT: Disregard, the Accept "X-MDN" is now in the error report, but still no final results on the receiving.

Last edited by chris1683; 12-30-2009 at 05:25 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:14 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

What are the names of mikes UserAgent and UAPROF strings files. I did copy from the stock rom but must not have copied properely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
I think I just cracked the MMS problem.

I found a reference in an Android forum saying that if you change your server to:

http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms?X-VZW-MDN=<your ten-digit phone number>

for Verizon, it should work.

Well, I just send a beautiful picture of my wife and new puppy to myself and it worked. You also need to change the WAP to None. For Sprint, it should X-SPRINT-MDN. The others should be similar.

Now I'm using this with MM War 2, NO Arcsoft, NO Disable HTC Messaging, and the Valkyrie 2.5 MMS fix from:
http://forum.smartphonejunkie.com/f5...e10134-193479/

I also fixed the UserAgent and UAPROF strings from Mike's provisioning cab, thanks Mike, hope you don't mind the plagiarism.

Anyway, time to go home and see the wife and new puppy.

I'll try and cab up the changes sometime this weekend, this should get everyone started.

Z

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

jimmyjohn is just getting started

I'm using MightyRom ("War") and disabled HTC Messaging, but my SMS messages don't seem to be going through. I'm receiving them, and the phone says it's sending them, but no one's receiving them. I don't use MMS, so that's not my issue. I just want SMS to work fine in the native app now.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:27 PM
Geek with a Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
What are the names of mikes UserAgent and UAPROF strings files. I did copy from the stock rom but must not have copied properely.
Here you go:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Jataayu\MMS\SP]
"UAProfile"="http://uaprof.vtext.com/xv6875/xv6875.xml"
"UserAgent"="pcdxv6875"

Z
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Another odd thing I just noticed. Some ROMS have Arcsoft registry entries cooked in. When trying to delete the key "Arcsoft" from the registry, it was denied as it was in use. I closed messaging and deleted but just wanted to let people know it looks like it my be trying to pull registry info from both the HTC Messaging Client as well as Arcsoft if the entries are there for it.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:18 PM
ppc pimp. :D
Pocket PC: Apache/Mogul/Touch/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO!!!

deck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deck Send a message via MSN to deck Send a message via Yahoo to deck

Ok my little update.

first all, i believe the only way we are going to get this working with sprint is to send thru wap 2.0 with the correct headers and what not. My testing:

i added that ip referenced in the above post. changed my wap to 2.0. switched my phone # in the mmsc to my msid. FINALLY, its not giving me the send error fail using wap 2.0! which i believe is a step towards success. Keep in mind, this was on a fresh flash, and i did not add any of the headers that were found yet. That is next... i am having good feelings...

-deck
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2