PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 07:06 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Native HTC messaging MMS fix (collaboration)

Thats interesting, I found the exact same keys under arcsoft\mm1\wspheaders

This also makes the settings under acrsoft needing to match?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
Here you go:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Jataayu\MMS\SP]
"UAProfile"="http://uaprof.vtext.com/xv6875/xv6875.xml"
"UserAgent"="pcdxv6875"

Z

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:18 PM
Switching to Android

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

Under ImageResizer it shows default of 4. This is where it needs traced back to change default settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
There's only one reg setting that comes to mind, HKLM\SOFTWARE\Jataayu\Messaging\MaxMediaSize, currently set to 0x12c (300K), try upping that to at least 0x258(600K).

Haven't tried sending any big pics yet, maybe it auto resizes on the phone or the mms server. Have you tried sending it to an email address, does it resize then? If not, maybe it's the VZW mms server.

Z
Old 12-30-2009, 07:21 PM
Switching to Android

Predefinned port in jay" messaging only shows telus
Old 12-30-2009, 07:30 PM
Switching to Android

I am on verizon, CDMA\MMSCURL is set to a non working sprint server. 63.215.195.152/servlets/mms. Name was also set to sprint,
Old 12-30-2009, 07:40 PM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
Thats interesting, I found the exact same keys under arcsoft\mm1\wspheaders

This also makes the settings under acrsoft needing to match?
Those are the same values as Arcsoft, but you don't need the Arcsoft keys even set, jMMS doesn't look at them anyway. Chris found out that HTC Messaging locks the key, but you can kill the messaging app and then delete the keys. All the keys that the new mms.dll references are under HKLM\Software\Jataayu.

Quote:
Under ImageResizer it shows default of 4. This is where it needs traced back to change default settings.
His issue was that the MMSC was resizing the images prior to sending back to his phone. If he sent to an email address, they came across just fine. Guess it's a 'feature' of VZW.

Quote:
Predefinned port in jay" messaging only shows telus
You can add your own Predefined ports, the rule is that the Name must match the Name that you give the MMSC, for example, mine are both named 'Verizon Wireless', so my predefined port is "Verizon Wireless"=dword:00000050.

Quote:
I am on verizon, CDMA\MMSCURL is set to a non working sprint server. 63.215.195.152/servlets/mms. Name was also set to sprint,
Just delete it, and add in Verizon. I delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Jataayu\Messaging\MMS\Profile\CDMA and GSM. I then add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Jataayu\MMS\Profiles\Verizon, then set HKLM\SOFTWARE\Jataayu\MMS\Profiles both ActiveProfileCDMA and ActiveProfileGSM = "Verizon". jMMS will set the CDMA and GSM keys for you.

Z
Old 12-30-2009, 08:24 PM
Switching to Android

Umm.. Actually Arcsoft does work. thats where I have been making my changes. Now working with the Jay section as you all are. Got MMS working before working on Jay...

What I dont have since loading the newest Energy Rom 28011, is SMS.. cant get it to load anywhere even before trying to configure mms
Old 12-30-2009, 10:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

dimensi0n is just getting started

Ughhh. I have a headache from researching this issue all day.

My conclusion as of 12/30/09 is that we can configure HTC Messaging to recieve from Sprint, but no luck on sending as of yet.

If you are like me, you do not want to disable HTC Messaging and deal with the crappy Arcsoft Software instead, so as a temporary solution for sending and still keeping HTC Messaging for threading, use sMMS Picture Mail Composer for Sprint:

sMMS v0.8.3.14000 - Sprint Picture Mail

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=22509
Old 12-30-2009, 10:24 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimensi0n View Post

My conclusion as of 12/30/09 is that we can configure HTC Messaging to recieve from Sprint, but no luck on sending as of yet.

If you are like me, you do not want to disable HTC Messaging and deal with the crappy Arcsoft Software instead, so as a temporary solution for sending and still keeping HTC Messaging for threading, use sMMS Picture Mail Composer for Sprint:

this is what i've been using also. i've had an account with them since the mogul days.
Google is the next skynet
Old 12-30-2009, 10:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pdawg17 is keeping up the good workpdawg17 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimensi0n View Post

So how does sMMS work? Does it use the Sprint picture site through http to send pics?
Old 12-30-2009, 10:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE

dimensi0n is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
this is what i've been using also. i've had an account with them since the mogul days.

I noticed you mentioned you had an account with sMMS. I just want to clarify that this is FREE to everyone, but unless you donate to unlock sMMS Pro, you can only send with it. That's really all we need it for anyways right now.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2