PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

pdawg17 is keeping up the good workpdawg17 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Native HTC messaging MMS fix (collaboration)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzakre View Post
Yeah but its getting further than using wap which is why im questioning using wap at all.
The reason we have been focusing on wap is because the Hero's MMS is set to send by WAP 2.0...thus you would think anything Sprint would do the same...
Old 01-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post
The reason we have been focusing on wap is because the Hero's MMS is set to send by WAP 2.0...thus you would think anything Sprint would do the same...
It should be WAP 2, just need to figure all the settings out.

Sorry I haven't been around here for a while, but been too busy looking at ARM Assembly dis-assemblies of the HTC Messaging app. I've been using the Messaging Client (HTCMessaging_Client_TEST_1_5_19222911_00) from a dump I did of the Leo 2.02 ROM. What I've been looking for are registry keys used by the Messaging client. I've got 5 files done, with 10 left, but the important ones were done first. Anyway, attached is the list I have so far, there are a lot of keys that should be very interesting to try out, there is even one referring to a Samsung Stability Test.

I also found a list of keys in a reg file from a different version of jMMS on a Russian site, I've attached it also.

Z
Attached Files
File Type: txt Jataayu MMS.txt (9.0 KB, 35 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: txt reg-settings from debug.txt (7.5 KB, 29 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:23 PM
ppc pimp. :D
Pocket PC: Apache/Mogul/Touch/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO!!!

deck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deck Send a message via MSN to deck Send a message via Yahoo to deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
It should be WAP 2, just need to figure all the settings out.

Sorry I haven't been around here for a while, but been too busy looking at ARM Assembly dis-assemblies of the HTC Messaging app. I've been using the Messaging Client (HTCMessaging_Client_TEST_1_5_19222911_00) from a dump I did of the Leo 2.02 ROM. What I've been looking for are registry keys used by the Messaging client. I've got 5 files done, with 10 left, but the important ones were done first. Anyway, attached is the list I have so far, there are a lot of keys that should be very interesting to try out, there is even one referring to a Samsung Stability Test.

I also found a list of keys in a reg file from a different version of jMMS on a Russian site, I've attached it also.

Z
well i have just about played with most of the reg's found in your dissasembly. Still to no luck. i believe we are going to need somebody thats pretty good with linux, maybe they could go thru the hero dump and find out exactly what we are missing. It really seems that an ip may be a good part of the issue, considering that is the only way we are able to send using wap2.0. I will keep trying every possible combination that i can, and hopefully we can crack this soon. btw, where are all the sprint test roms :P i rarely see sprint test roms.

-deck

EDIT: does anybody have a hero and could look in their htc messaging client folder for a config file? maybe post that if so? Thanks.

Last edited by deck; 01-03-2010 at 02:14 AM.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

coppermine18 is just getting started

Well Im a complete n00b on this but after I started flashin my tp and tp2 I decided to become somewhat of an addict and want to learn the mobile platform. I was going through the reg and looking at some differences I had questions about... Sorry if they are way off or not important just trying to sort and learn the things I do not understand.

1. JSR/Java I saw that it was '1' enabled for the MMS when researching I saw that w/cdma on blackberries that was not supported at some point. So is this relying on something that wont work on sprints network in particular? A work around was needed for Blackberries that were operating on cdma w sprint.

2. Carriertype '3'? - No clue what this is.

3. Flags gsm/cdma etc ... why are those flags present in a folder there?

For some reason I feel its just not talking using Jataayu's setup for mms.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:39 AM
Geek with a Gun

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by deck View Post
well i have just about played with most of the reg's found in your dissasembly. Still to no luck. i believe we are going to need somebody thats pretty good with linux, maybe they could go thru the hero dump and find out exactly what we are missing. It really seems that an ip may be a good part of the issue, considering that is the only way we are able to send using wap2.0. I will keep trying every possible combination that i can, and hopefully we can crack this soon. btw, where are all the sprint test roms :P i rarely see sprint test roms.

-deck

EDIT: does anybody have a hero and could look in their htc messaging client folder for a config file? maybe post that if so? Thanks.
If you have a hero dump, or know where I can get one, I'll take a look at it. I'm better with 'nix than Windoze.

Z

Last edited by ziggy471; 01-03-2010 at 09:12 AM.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:11 AM
ppc pimp. :D
Pocket PC: Apache/Mogul/Touch/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO!!!

deck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deck Send a message via MSN to deck Send a message via Yahoo to deck

Quote:
If you hvae a hero dump, or know where I can get one, I'll take a look at it. I'm better with 'nix than Windoze.

Z
give me a bit, and i will get one.

-deck
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:15 AM
Geek with a Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by deck View Post
give me a bit, and i will get one.

-deck
I do have the latest Eris ROM download, but haven't spent much time trying to figure out what kind of files were in the RUU package. Only spent about an hour playing with Android on the TP2 yesterday. Kind of cool, and I really hate to say this, but in this case, I like Windoze over 'Nix, at least at the point it's at right now.

Z

Last edited by ziggy471; 01-03-2010 at 09:19 AM.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pdawg17 is keeping up the good workpdawg17 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Hey,

Need someone to verify this one, this was posted over in the MM Project thread.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=3365

NEVER MIND.....It didn't work.

Z
Haven't we tried that off and on since the beginning?

EDIT: It looks like a couple of posts down he corrected himself and said it did NOT work (we already knew that though, didn't we )
Old 01-03-2010, 01:08 PM
Geek with a Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post
Haven't we tried that off and on since the beginning?

EDIT: It looks like a couple of posts down he corrected himself and said it did NOT work (we already knew that though, didn't we )
Yeah, we have, that's why I responded to him the way I did, he did just admit that it didn't work, that's why I deleted my post, must have done that while you were replying to it.

Z
Old 01-03-2010, 02:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Ive got a question. Is there a difference between the Hero and the Leo roms and messaging setup? Im not sure which setup we're looking at here but my current rom, NRGz 28011 December 31st release, is running HTC and Arcsoft side-by-side seemlessly. Like I said in an earlier post Im not sure if something changed in the newest release but its working perfectly.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2