View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 01:14 PM
gregbolt
N00b

gregbolt is keeping up the good workgregbolt is keeping up the good workgregbolt is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Native HTC messaging MMS fix (collaboration)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post
I agree...just for kicks though I PM'd the guy that created sMMS and this is what he had to say...this may not be helpful at all but some of the lingo is way over my head so who knows...

"sMMS uses the Spint Site 100% BUT the sprint MMS app uses a hybrid. Mostly MM1/MM7 but it also sends URLS to the Sprint Site, like to retrieve Message IDs. It has been awhile since I investigated it , so I can't tell you for sure. You may want to install a packet sniffer program on your phone and see exactly what error is coming back from the sprint servers.

They recently changed MMS server providers to I wonder if they switched from MM1 to MM7, which would cause major issues."

Has someone here already used a packet sniffer with the IP address filled in with WAP 2.0 selected and found there to not show any errors?
I have been sniffing the traffic from the TP2 to the Sprint server. When not using WAP, I can see traffic. When using WAP, no traffic. Trying to determine why no data is captured. As soon as I get that, I will upload a capture file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianRVT View Post
Id like to help. What is the defacto packet sniffer for Windows Mobile? Thanks.
I was using Handy Sniffer, it's $20 bucks but has been working. I'm trying out vxSniffer shortly to see if it's better and will capture WAP packets.

Touch Pro 2
EnergyROM Leo 23557 Sense 2.5
This post has been thanked 1 times.