PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2009, 02:12 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Native HTC messaging MMS fix (collaboration)

for people who have this working for vz, is it messing up your visual voicemail? With sprint, even though its not working properly yet, visual voicemail thru phonefusion is messed up because of the messaging client also. will the fix you guys create fix that problem also?
Google is the next skynet
Old 12-29-2009, 02:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

gregbolt is keeping up the good workgregbolt is keeping up the good workgregbolt is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd8fre View Post
Ok, I just noticed something off of a Fresh Flash of MM Impact. In HKLM>Software i have an ArcSoft key. Odd. I did not install ArcSoft.
Just thought I would toss that out there.

Russ

On the flip side. 2.1 has a Jayaatu Registry key even though it's using Arcsoft.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
sprint still isn't working
I know, but I have confidence that it will soon. When it does, is this thread gonna get organized a bit? No disrespect cuz this thread is amazing, but it's kind of a mess haha.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: verizon

gharris040604 is just getting started

anybody get mms working on mm impact rom released yesterday
Old 12-29-2009, 04:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

aamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to aamon17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
Just to recep, to get MMS working for VZW just do the following:

MMSC: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms?X-VZW-MDN=1234567890 (Replace with your number)
Port:80
WAP=None

There are more settings that you can do, but they are not really needed. This has been tested at least by me on MM War 1-3.5 and it works like a champ.

We still haven't figured out Sprint, but we plan on working on it again today.

Z
Ziggy, I have it sending & receiving on VZW (MightyROM Impact_3 12/23 ). THANK YOU! But, when I send myself a pic that's high resolution @ 520k, I receive it at low resolution, smaller dimensions, and @ about 35k. It just shrinks everything.

Am I missing a setting??? I went into the MMS settings and Resolution is set to "Original". Not sure what else to check. Any help is appreciated.
---- Former Verizon XV6700
Old 12-29-2009, 04:24 PM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCotta View Post
I know, but I have confidence that it will soon. When it does, is this thread gonna get organized a bit? No disrespect cuz this thread is amazing, but it's kind of a mess haha.
You know what they say 'A messy desk is a sign of Genius', and this is our desk. lol I suggest that once this is figured out, they just delete this thread, and we'll start a new thread and sticky it with all the settings and nothing else.

I've now looked through most of the files that would relate to HTCMessaging from the Leo 2.02 dump. I've found new keys that weren't there before, but nothing that looks like it will help us, at least yet. The keys that still remain of interest to me are GSMorCDMA, MDNorMIN, CDMAHeader, DualSIMSupport and IsInsertAddressTokenEnable.

The last one being of the most interest to me, since the MMS client is inserting an address token in the message sent to the server, instead of your phone number. I think this is why it is failing, at least without adding X-VZW-MDN to the post line for the server. The key is supposed to be in "Software\\%s\\MMS\\OEM", but since my assembler is very rusty, I can't seem to figure out what the string is replaced with. The function that checks this is at 0x10003484. I have tried replacing this with Jataayu and Jataayu\Messaging, and on an earlier version, I even tried it in HTC.

But I'm tired for today, assembler does that to you. If I don't get back to this tonight, I'll start again in the morning, since I don't have to go back to work until next year.

Z
Old 12-29-2009, 04:37 PM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamon17 View Post
Ziggy, I have it sending & receiving on VZW (MightyROM Impact_3 12/23 ). THANK YOU! But, when I send myself a pic that's high resolution @ 520k, I receive it at low resolution, smaller dimensions, and @ about 35k. It just shrinks everything.

Am I missing a setting??? I went into the MMS settings and Resolution is set to "Original". Not sure what else to check. Any help is appreciated.
There's only one reg setting that comes to mind, HKLM\SOFTWARE\Jataayu\Messaging\MaxMediaSize, currently set to 0x12c (300K), try upping that to at least 0x258(600K).

Haven't tried sending any big pics yet, maybe it auto resizes on the phone or the mms server. Have you tried sending it to an email address, does it resize then? If not, maybe it's the VZW mms server.

Z
Old 12-29-2009, 05:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X

aamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to aamon17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
There's only one reg setting that comes to mind, HKLM\SOFTWARE\Jataayu\Messaging\MaxMediaSize, currently set to 0x12c (300K), try upping that to at least 0x258(600K).

Haven't tried sending any big pics yet, maybe it auto resizes on the phone or the mms server. Have you tried sending it to an email address, does it resize then? If not, maybe it's the VZW mms server.

Z
Interesting. Here's what I found. "MaxMediaSize": Already set to 1024k.

- Sent 592k image to MMS (with "Original" resolution setting)
---> Outgoing MMS size: 593k, 2048 x 1216 dimensions
---> Incoming MMS size: 39k, 640x380 dimensions

- Sent 592k image to Email (with "Original" resolution setting)
---> Outgoing MMS size: 593k, 2048 x 1216 dimensions
---> Incoming Email size: image @ 592k, 2048 x 1216 dimensions

- Sent 592k image to Email (with "WVGA (800x480)" resolution setting)
---> Outgoing MMS size: 84K
---> Incoming Email size: image @ 83k, 1024 x 608 dimensions

So, it looks like the server is setting size, dimensions, resolutions limits on incoming MMS images. Emails are fine.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2
Carrier: MetroPCS

mikezpc is keeping up the good workmikezpc is keeping up the good work

has anyone been able to get htc messaging mms from Leo\HD2 to work on METROPCS ? mms works fine without it, but for the leo messaging there's an extra mms settings that i just cant get. i think what i am missing is which ip address to use, which port and weather it should be WAP1.2 or WAP 2.0 or no wap.

ive been trying every setting possible n i got nothing

Last edited by mikezpc; 12-29-2009 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Added carrier name
Old 12-29-2009, 06:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2!

pastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezpc View Post
has anyone been able to get htc messaging mms from Leo\HD2 to work ? mms works fine without it, but for the leo messaging there's an extra mms settings that i just cant get. i think what i am missing is which ip address to use, which port and weather it should be WAP1.2 or WAP 2.0 or no wap.

ive been trying every setting possible n i got nothing
Did you read any of the posts in this thread?? That's the whole point of this thread! It's working for verizon but not sprint. I know from posts that you should set your port to 80 and no wap. The ip address is the thing that people don't know.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2