View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 07:03 PM
chris1683
VIP Member

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Native HTC messaging MMS fix (collaboration)

I have still been actively checking on this issue. I have noticed that no matter what, we do not seem to get a response from Sprint's server. That is a given hence the reason why no messages are ever recieved. This is also jusitified when trying to "ping" Sprint's MMS server. What I stumbled upon today may or may not be another step in the right direcion for Sprint.

I navigated to HKLM\Comm\Cellular Line\Parms\TcpIp

Within that value are a Default Gateway, DNS, IP Address, and Subnet Mask. I checked the IP's on my current rom (MR.X 1.6.5) and verified all IP's belong to Sprint.

My question now is whether or not HTC Messaging is using the correct Gateway/IP settings. If maybe a different gateway is used perhaps we can communicate with their server and get a response. I will still be looking into this....