PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2007, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: None

xholmezx78 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is anyone looking into copying the WM6 ROM and see if it is possible to port the ROM to the 6700?
Or is the hardware just different enough that it is not possible?
Old 06-19-2007, 02:20 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by xholmezx78
Is anyone looking into copying the WM6 ROM and see if it is possible to port the ROM to the 6700?
Or is the hardware just different enough that it is not possible?
Hardware is too different---helmi_c has already weighed in on this and no-go.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Its a rEVOlution

supergadgetman is a n00b
Got my Mogul!!

My office is next door to an authorized Sprint Dealer who gets phones straight from the warehouse. I went in yesturday to see if he had any. He didnt even know about it so I schooled him and pointed him to Sprint's site. I ordered at about noon. He got it for me in less than 24 hours. I just picked it up with 150.00 off for renewing my contract. Damn this thing is sexy..Side by side comparison with my 6700 tells me HTC got a winner. Off the bat there is no mms functionality, but good news folks!! I just installed the mms cab from the downloads section and it installed without a hitch. This cab for the 6700 works perfectly for the 6800. Go figure. I am going to try a restore from my 6700. This version of Sprite Backup li have lets me restore across devices, roms, and OS's...We'll see just how good it works...Be back in a few...
Old 06-19-2007, 04:19 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Re: Got my Mogul!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergadgetman
My office is next door to an authorized Sprint Dealer who gets phones straight from the warehouse. I went in yesturday to see if he had any. He didnt even know about it so I schooled him and pointed him to Sprint's site. I ordered at about noon. He got it for me in less than 24 hours. I just picked it up with 150.00 off for renewing my contract. Damn this thing is sexy..Side by side comparison with my 6700 tells me HTC got a winner. Off the bat there is no mms functionality, but good news folks!! I just installed the mms cab from the downloads section and it installed without a hitch. This cab for the 6700 works perfectly for the 6800. Go figure. I am going to try a restore from my 6700. This version of Sprite Backup li have lets me restore across devices, roms, and OS's...We'll see just how good it works...Be back in a few...
Ok so the MMS app installs correctly, but does it actually work? I mean, does it send MMS messages and does the recipient receive it? I think that's the most important question.

Thanks for the info!

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 06-19-2007, 04:28 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Merging...

Quote:
Originally Posted by challgren
So yesterday I ordered the Mogul and today I got the freaking PPC6700 the same damn phone I have. I'm now on hold with Telesales for the past hour. Man has anyone else had this horrible support with Sprint and Telesales. My first issue was when I first switched from Nextel to Sprint they sent me a PPC6700 that the radio didn't work on. Guess they never tested it from the warehouse. Then they refused to send me a new one til I sent the old one back that already had my number ported to. Which left me without a cell phone for a couple days. Luckly a store near me had one in stock and was able to help me out and get me service. Also they don't like to put a apartment number on their shipping label which left UPS to take the package back to the facility which is 2 hours away. They couldn't call me because Sprint ported my number to the cell phone. Yeah fun time.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Blofeld is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Blofeld
Two external reviews say the max video recording is QCIF, while the specs in the HTC Mogul manual say 352 X 288 (CIF). What gives? Are the 2 people smoking or what? The 6700 has 320 X 240 video resolution.

And how is the video playback? Much better than the choppy 6700, I hope.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint Pcs together with nextel

chirulz is a n00b
BS

Ok heres whats happened so far.... Called CS yesterday and explained the problems I've been having with the 6700. I.E. no more pic mail, dropped calls frozen incoming and the fact that It freezes when I try to access my memory card. anyway I'm on the phone for 10 hours straight. thats right I said 10 hours. non-stop. I got hung up on, transferred I don't know how many times, sent to non-sprint related departments, lied to, as well as telling me that my warranty covered equip is not their problem and I had to contact the manufac. and or/ asurion. Now asurion would let me pick between the treo or another 6700, but I would still have to pay the $50.00.. thats bull S***. I called another 2 hours today before I got ahold of supervisor in accounts services and was promised a new 6800 for my trouble and mistreatment, only after the he himself tried to contact the manufact. only to fail horribly. And wouldn't you know it, he didn't note my account,transferred me to tele-sales, and he was like $399.99 please. I said I don't think so and here we go again.... AHHHHH I'm dont know what else to do. any ideas.? oh and I was also told that they dont even have the phone yet its just on the web site for show, and noone can order it. what a liar. I cant take it much longer
Old 06-19-2007, 05:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, TP
Carrier: sprint sucks

ucfjoe is a n00b
i stayed home all day for it cuz i was scared if i left i would miss UPS....I DIDN'T even have to sign for it! I assumed I would, i mean it is a $600 phone and all....oh well i'm just happy i got it....now i can ditch the 6700 with a cracked screen
Old 06-19-2007, 05:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

joeytmann is a n00b
I am starting to get a little worried. Still no tracking info from UPS, even though sprint as updated the status. *sigh*
Old 06-19-2007, 05:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP

sledgie is a n00b
sorry bud, you missed the memo that said those of you who order early would be the "beta testers"... ordering wise too

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan