PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2007, 05:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bigmikemn is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirulz
Ok heres whats happened so far.... Called CS yesterday and explained the problems I've been having with the 6700. I.E. no more pic mail, dropped calls frozen incoming and the fact that It freezes when I try to access my memory card. anyway I'm on the phone for 10 hours straight. thats right I said 10 hours. non-stop. I got hung up on, transferred I don't know how many times, sent to non-sprint related departments, lied to, as well as telling me that my warranty covered equip is not their problem and I had to contact the manufac. and or/ asurion. Now asurion would let me pick between the treo or another 6700, but I would still have to pay the $50.00.. thats bull S***. I called another 2 hours today before I got ahold of supervisor in accounts services and was promised a new 6800 for my trouble and mistreatment, only after the he himself tried to contact the manufact. only to fail horribly. And wouldn't you know it, he didn't note my account,transferred me to tele-sales, and he was like $399.99 please. I said I don't think so and here we go again.... AHHHHH I'm dont know what else to do. any ideas.? oh and I was also told that they dont even have the phone yet its just on the web site for show, and noone can order it. what a liar. I cant take it much longer
I feel your pain, however, personally I am getting tired of posts like this. If you don't want to pay for the new technology, then live with the old technology. Just because you wanted to fight on the phone for 10 hours doesn't entitle you to a new phone. Technology is expensive. Sprint said they would replace it with a 700wx or another 6700. If you don't like that answer, then wait a year, and maybe they will replace it with a 6800.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:48 PM
Lurker

Jafar is a n00b
Soo confused right now

In my previous post I had explained that I had placed an order for the PPC6800 on the web at 12:50am (note, late sunday, early monday) and got my confirmation email at that time, and got a follow up call from the verification department at 11:00am same day. After calling and finding out the phone is on "backorder" and complaining how many people I know (including many of you here on the forums) had ordered later than I had, and got their phones today, I'm told just to wait. No problem, I'm patient, so just for kicks I call the telesales department and ask them if they have any ppc6800 in stock, and I was in disbelief when I got a "yes, we have plenty in stock" from 3 different telesales reps.

So, I ask websales department if they share the same inventory as telesales and the person on the other side of the phone informs me that they have different inventory for each department. I think I'm just going to re-order it from Telesales, hope it gets to me and refuse the websales order if it does indeed go through. Anyone know if there's any truth as to the different inventory stories I'm getting between the 2 departments?
Old 06-19-2007, 06:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Threadstarter

megamav is a n00b
Got mine!

Charging...
Old 06-19-2007, 07:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

joeytmann is a n00b
well actually I have the tracking number, but when I go to UPS site to track the box, no info there. My status page was updated with the tracking number at about 8:30am this morning.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

PerfectHybrid is a n00b
Hey did anyone get this using a sero plan? I am looking to see how much it would cost me when I sign up for it! Thanks in advance

PH

Don't forget to hit the '+'
Old 06-19-2007, 07:44 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by chirulz
...any ideas.? oh and I was also told that they dont even have the phone yet its just on the web site for show, and noone can order it...
It is a lie. I already received mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Hybrid
Hey did anyone get this using a sero plan? I am looking to see how much it would cost me when I sign up for it! Thanks in advance

PH
PH, the 6800 is not available on the SERO website yet. At least as of the last time I checked earlier today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeytmann
well actually I have the tracking number, but when I go to UPS site to track the box, no info there. My status page was updated with the tracking number at about 8:30am this morning.
If it shipped today you probably won't be able to look it up on the UPS site until around 2 AM EST. At least that's when mine made it onto the UPS system last night.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 06-19-2007, 07:49 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Re: BS

Quote:
I feel your pain, however, personally I am getting tired of posts like this. If you don't want to pay for the new technology, then live with the old technology. Just because you wanted to fight on the phone for 10 hours doesn't entitle you to a new phone. Technology is expensive. Sprint said they would replace it with a 700wx or another 6700. If you don't like that answer, then wait a year, and maybe they will replace it with a 6800.
100% agreed. It's getting really old.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

joeytmann is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeytmann
If it shipped today you probably won't be able to look it up on the UPS site until around 2 AM EST. At least that's when mine made it onto the UPS system last night.
Damn that kinda sucks. That does sort of make sense though.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 & Mogul & iPhone
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T

rvashi is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to rvashi
Yet another worthless update...

So after speaking with Sprint people from all different countries and cultures and about 14 different 800 and 866 numbers the majority have said that my phone is at the warehouse and is not on backorder...and that it should ship either today or at the latest tomorrow so I should have my phone at the latest by day after.

We'll wait and see what happens...hmmm
Old 06-19-2007, 08:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 & Mogul & iPhone
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T

rvashi is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to rvashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGhost1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvashi
Okay so here's my update...

So I finally called a different number and got connected to Nextel (not sprint websales) and got someone who actually spoke good english. So then he put me on hold a few times and checked out a few things and finally came back told me that the phone was on back order. He also told me that for some odd reason, even though I ordered the phone on 6/18 at 12:21am, it actually got placed at 6/18 at 11:40pm......so duhhhh...obviously the phone is gonna' be sold out by then. So basically at this point, I am screwed even though I was probably one of the few people who ordered at midnight when the phone came out.

Usually Sprint has been very good to me with my 6700 experiences....but this just sucks!! Talk about bad luck!

Oh and it'll be about a week max...hmmm
Finally after calling the online order support number and getting bust signals every time I just decided to call telesales. The first time I called the guy told me that their dept couldn't check the status of online orders and attempted to send me to online support at which point I was greeted once again with the fore mentioned busy signal...grrr. So I called telesales right back and got hold of a nice young woman who said she could check the status, she then told me the same thing..."in progress", but was kind enough to connect me directly with a rep from online support. After waiting on hold for 10 minutes the woman informed me that my order was in fact in stock and NOT back ordered, but it was just still in progress. She then stated that she was quite surprised that my order had not changed status yet, and I should be receiving a tracking number soon. She then just said to keep checking. So once again no new info really, just still need to vent again...
It's not on backorder...it seems like they've got plenty of them according to my experiences as well as a few others on this thread. It really seems like they have no clue where their stuff is. I don't even know if these people take inventory or not...ughhh. Let us know if you get your tracking number or not. ANd also, try to get a hold of the Pending Order Dept. or something crap like that....they seem to have the latest up to date info.

And also, what the majority of Sprint people told me is that the delay is caused by the order being billed in the Nextel system and shipped from Sprint warehouses or something wierd like that. I think that is where the delay is coming from for most of us who haven't gotten our phones yet. Because I think we have transfered to the new Nextel system.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan