PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2007, 02:04 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by denno
I got the phone this past Aug; posted on here about card problem in September; ongoing problems since. Never talked to Sprint about it though.
Don't mind paying something & extending my contract to get the 6800. What is the best # to call? (or is it not worth trying?)
Well not many have had luck with telesales, but you can try to order them through them. Most users have placed their orders online, myself including.

If you want to try, and not that I condone it, you can call retentions and tell them that you don't want another 6700 becuase of all the issues you have had with it (since you would not be actually lying). Tell them that you are considering leaving Sprint and they may, and I emphasize on MAY, offer you the 6800 in replacement becuase of the issues and you considering to leave. You may even have to hint it to them...

That's why you should always call them to document equipment issues, especially when you have insurance/TEP.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 06-18-2007, 02:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

kaiguy is becoming a great contributor
Though it's not in UPS's system yet, Sprint has put up a tracking number for my web order on the order status page. I'm excited to get it tomorrow!
Old 06-18-2007, 02:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bigmikemn is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiguy
Though it's not in UPS's system yet, Sprint has put up a tracking number for my web order on the order status page. I'm excited to get it tomorrow!
Nice! What time did you place your order?

It usually will not show up on the UPS System until they scan it in when they pick it up.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
better description of the "free process".

1) Must have total equipment protection.
2) Must have or say you have a defective phone.
3) Must have or say you have visited a sprint store for phone repair.
4) Alot of patience.

Ok off the bat, we all know sprint reps are slow and dont understand much. What you need to do is call Customer Support (NOT tele sales). Explain to them that your phone is defective, and that you have been waiting for teh release of this new phone since the 6700 no longer exists (if they say they do, its BS). You have to tell the customer service that you talked to the store when you took it in and that they tried to give you a phone that isnt comparable, and that they told you about this phone and that you should just wait for its release. At this point the rep will look into your account, you should be good if you did take it to the store, how ever if you didnt, they might request that you do first.

All that needs to be said is the 6700 hasnt worked for me for months, it drops calls, and freezes when answering them, and you would like the newer version of the phone as the sprint representatives at the store told you about. At this point they will tell you to get it from your store, you need to make sure they understand the store cant even order it yet. It isnt in stores, and stores can't even assist in ordering, at that point the rep should tell you that you can buy the phone at full price and when you send the 6700 back you will get credit.

I didnt go this path due to the complexity, but it would have worked had I been willing to pay full price, I opted to just pay the 250 and keep my 6700.

Hope thats a little more help.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Threadstarter

megamav is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiguy
NICE!

What time did you order?

I ordered at 12:30ET.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

evilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to evilecho
Does anyone know any codes i can use to same some money on ordering the Mogul

Thankx
Old 06-18-2007, 02:54 PM
The Enforcer

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by cohowap
...since the 6700 no longer exists (if they say they do, its BS)
Even though this may work if you have had repeated problems with your 6700, the statement above won't get you anywhere.

Yes, the 6700 still exists. You can purchase it online, Sprint has received new shipments, and many stores have placed orders and still have units in stock.

I also remember reading how a whole order of 6700's was going to be dedicated to fulfill insurance claims to avoid this same situation.

As I said, this may work for some... but I wouldn't count on it; and I don't think the statement above will do anyone any good.

Just my opinion...
Old 06-18-2007, 02:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

kaiguy is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmikemn
Nice! What time did you place your order?

It usually will not show up on the UPS System until they scan it in when they pick it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by megamav
NICE!

What time did you order?

I ordered at 12:30ET.
2:30am PT. Checked this morning when I woke up and it still said "awaiting fulfillment." But now it's listed as shipped and activated (though I doubt it's activated, as I didn't add a line).
Old 06-18-2007, 03:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

joeytmann is a n00b
I submitted my order around 10:30am CST. Status is still "Your order is in progress."
Old 06-18-2007, 03:50 PM
The Enforcer

I don't really remember when I submitted mine... It was probably around 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM EST and my status is still: The order is in process.

Anyone know where they ship from?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan