PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2007, 11:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bigmikemn is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
When it is available through Telesales, should it also be available through SERO?
Old 06-18-2007, 11:22 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
So I took the plunge online...

I am elegible for the $75 rebate, however, I decided against it. Why? Extending my contract by 1 year does not justify $75 (note I aid by 1 year, my contract expires in April '08, I'd to extend to '09).

With overnight shipping and taxes my total is $608.63

Also, for those that had been asking about the Starcom name, even though it has been reported that the Mogul is branded as HTC, the order status page says under item description: H-UT Starcom PPC 6800.

Anyway, now to call and confirm my order...

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 06-18-2007, 11:22 AM
The Enforcer

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmikemn
When it is available through Telesales, should it also be available through SERO?
No, SERO usually takes longer. Sometimes months... although I saw that the UpStage is already on their site and that phone was released recently.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP

sledgie is a n00b
glad I don't live in the state that charges 20% tax

ps I think you got ripped off
Old 06-18-2007, 11:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

4 Door Skyline is just getting started
I wonder if my 6700 suddenly "breaks" if they will replace it with the Mogul.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:30 AM
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 Door Skyline
I wonder if my 6700 suddenly "breaks" if they will replace it with the Mogul.
Highly unlikely as it is still available on the website and there were reports of even more being ordered.

If you had have many issues, you may be able to... or if you are lucky. But I would not count on it.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx

shivers is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmikemn
the 755p showed up on the site relatively quick after its release, so maybe the Mogul will get the same treatment.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:18 PM
Lurker

dpaulsmith is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to dpaulsmith
Here's the tail of being on the phone for about 4 hours now

Okay gang, I'm a lurker, but I do appreciate the information I get from here.

On Friday or Saturday, I sent an email to ecare asking them about the mongul. I was told that today (6/1 I could call or walk into my local store to pick one up. I said okay fine, and on Sunday since I was by my store, I went in casual asked about it, was told they didn't have a date, and it will be next month. When I informed them that I had info from e-care, they told me that e-care didn't know what they were talking about. I said okay fine, and left laughing to myself.

So when I got home, I emailed e-care back with my store and was told that I could call telesales on Monday and they could take my order. So this morning at about 8am CST I called. The first guy I spoke with pulled up the 6800 gave me all the good pricing info including my rebates and then put me on hold for 30 secs, came back on the line and said...I'm sorry you have to call back maybe tomorrow or go into the store.

So I call the store they tell nope, they don't have any use the website. I tried to use the website and as soon as I entered the payment info the website timed out. So while they indeed took my funds, I don't have an email confirmation or a order number.

Now I've called no less than 5 different sprint ordering departments (god how many can they possibly have????) each one says they can't help me...

So here's the final...I never closed my browser, so I did a page refresh and I got an order number, but I'm still trying to find a human that can verify that my order is in the system.

Geeee....they are working so hard to not take my money...but they (each person I talked with) wanted to sell me a broadband connection card for my laptop.

UPDATE: Finally spoke to the right person that was able to confirm my order...jeesh...let's hope it doesn't take that long to get to me (I order overnight).
Old 06-18-2007, 12:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

kaiguy is becoming a great contributor
No problems ordering off their website. I just got my wx via SERO last September, so no rebates or discounts for me (bummer, but what can you do?).

I think I may be experiencing buyers remorse, however. $600 and change after taxes and shipping is a little steep for a phone... But I guess I have to look at it in terms of the cost of breaking my contract to, for example, get the iPhone. I think once it arrives I'll feel better
Old 06-18-2007, 12:27 PM
The Enforcer

dpaulsmith,

Here's the number I got from my online order receipt and you can call them to confirm your order: 1-800-639-6114

You can also try the status site: http://www.sprint.com/personal/wirel...er_status.html

I'd still call and have them confirm you did not order twice, you should NEVER refresh when placing an online order as it may have gon through the first time.

Call them and keep an eye out on your account/CC activity.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan