View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 02:20 PM
cohowap
PPCGeeks Regular

cohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
better description of the "free process".

1) Must have total equipment protection.
2) Must have or say you have a defective phone.
3) Must have or say you have visited a sprint store for phone repair.
4) Alot of patience.

Ok off the bat, we all know sprint reps are slow and dont understand much. What you need to do is call Customer Support (NOT tele sales). Explain to them that your phone is defective, and that you have been waiting for teh release of this new phone since the 6700 no longer exists (if they say they do, its BS). You have to tell the customer service that you talked to the store when you took it in and that they tried to give you a phone that isnt comparable, and that they told you about this phone and that you should just wait for its release. At this point the rep will look into your account, you should be good if you did take it to the store, how ever if you didnt, they might request that you do first.

All that needs to be said is the 6700 hasnt worked for me for months, it drops calls, and freezes when answering them, and you would like the newer version of the phone as the sprint representatives at the store told you about. At this point they will tell you to get it from your store, you need to make sure they understand the store cant even order it yet. It isnt in stores, and stores can't even assist in ordering, at that point the rep should tell you that you can buy the phone at full price and when you send the 6700 back you will get credit.

I didnt go this path due to the complexity, but it would have worked had I been willing to pay full price, I opted to just pay the 250 and keep my 6700.

Hope thats a little more help.