View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 06:48 PM
Jafar
Lurker

Jafar is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Soo confused right now

In my previous post I had explained that I had placed an order for the PPC6800 on the web at 12:50am (note, late sunday, early monday) and got my confirmation email at that time, and got a follow up call from the verification department at 11:00am same day. After calling and finding out the phone is on "backorder" and complaining how many people I know (including many of you here on the forums) had ordered later than I had, and got their phones today, I'm told just to wait. No problem, I'm patient, so just for kicks I call the telesales department and ask them if they have any ppc6800 in stock, and I was in disbelief when I got a "yes, we have plenty in stock" from 3 different telesales reps.

So, I ask websales department if they share the same inventory as telesales and the person on the other side of the phone informs me that they have different inventory for each department. I think I'm just going to re-order it from Telesales, hope it gets to me and refuse the websales order if it does indeed go through. Anyone know if there's any truth as to the different inventory stories I'm getting between the 2 departments?