PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2007, 11:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

garov55 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhausen
Count me on the "out for delivery" list, too. Sprint told me a "warehouse error" prevented shipping yesterday. Today I see a tracking number that's a nice surprise.

Todd/Indy

me tooo mine is out for delivery cant wait
Old 06-19-2007, 11:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx
Carrier: Sprint

shivers is a n00b
reviews are out at phonescoop, mobile tech review, cnet, boy genius, and others.

one review said that having 4-5 programs opened noticeably slowed things down, but others said the device is really fast. here's a shot of the hardware profile. does the available ram seem low?

Old 06-19-2007, 11:59 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

starfury1 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by sledgie
congrats guys, I'm very happy for you. sounds like sprint's motto is "don't let the left hand know what the right is doing" lol
Funny you say it like that...

As with everyone else i now have a tracking number and its supposedly on the truck, out for delivery. now yesterday when i called telesales, the lady i spoke to was a lil perplexed seemed i had two order numbers assigned to my account, i explained that my computer took a dump midorder when i tried esales, but when i called telesales that mornng they told me it had not gone though.

Well she had given me both order numbers, so i havee tracked both, they have different ups tracking numbers. with slightly different tracking times...

which as far as i can tell, it looks like i dont have 1 6800 on the way but TWO

Normally i would be thrilled at this moment, except for the fact that TWO, of their CSR's told me that the original esales, order did not go through, NOW i have to go through the hassle of taking one phone back and accounted back to my card.. if they try to give me an account credit instead, there is going to be bloodshed.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO™ 3D

furiousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good work
I want to upgrade my ppc6700..i have that insurance..is there anyway i can get mogul any ideas... I called my local sprint and they say they will get in july.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP

sledgie is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivers
one review said that having 4-5 programs opened noticeably slowed things down, but others said the device is really fast. here's a shot of the hardware profile. does the available ram seem low?
well honestly if I have 5 programs on my 6700 open and I'm streaming music or watching a video while having pie open with a huge cache, yeah it slows things down... I'm not going to worry about it..

as for memory, that screenshot seems to indicate that there should be around 26 megs avail free ram....IF there weren't programs currently using 16 megs of it..so I'm judging by the looks of it that someone is running a program or two (or pie or opera...omg opera! ram hog!) .. the person definitely should have posted that he has a program or two running... gives wrong impression otherwise

ps my 6700 has around 26-28megs free ram after fresh reboot, so I'm not worried.... seems normal for wm5/wm6 device with only 64mb RAM
Old 06-19-2007, 12:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

starfury1 is a n00b
damn!!! i have errands i need to run but dont want to leave the house in fear that my phone beat me back
Old 06-19-2007, 12:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx

shivers is a n00b
the screen shot is from theboygeniusreport and I don't remember him specifying that programs were running at the time of the pic. you bring up a good point though about the numbers giving the wrong impression.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 & Mogul & iPhone
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T

rvashi is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to rvashi
Okay so here's my update...

So I finally called a different number and got connected to Nextel (not sprint websales) and got someone who actually spoke good english. So then he put me on hold a few times and checked out a few things and finally came back told me that the phone was on back order. He also told me that for some odd reason, even though I ordered the phone on 6/18 at 12:21am, it actually got placed at 6/18 at 11:40pm......so duhhhh...obviously the phone is gonna' be sold out by then. So basically at this point, I am screwed even though I was probably one of the few people who ordered at midnight when the phone came out.

Usually Sprint has been very good to me with my 6700 experiences....but this just sucks!! Talk about bad luck!

Oh and it'll be about a week max...hmmm
Old 06-19-2007, 12:42 PM
Lurker

TheGhost1 is a n00b
I ordered online around this time yesterday and my status has remained unchanged at "... in progress" ever since. I called the online order support number yesterday evening and was informed that there was a possibility that the phone was back ordered but she had no way to know for sure...She then stated that in the event it was back ordered that they replenish their stock within 24-48 hours. I've been checking all day and the website has given no change...no indication that the item is back ordered, nothing. I've tried calling the support line and each time I called the number was actually busy...no joke I got a busy signal every time I called. I sent emails to their websales account, but no response at all. No one seems to know what is going on... This is worse than waiting for the phone to be released. I just needed to vent.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:45 PM
Lurker

nosbabe88 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to nosbabe88
I am sorry guys but i had to do this! I just called my house and my phone is on hte porch...ups status says left on porch.. I can't wait till I get home 2 more hours!!!! I hope u guys get yours

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan