PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2008, 12:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HtC Raphael
Carrier: Sprint

SuPeRw00t is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Discontinued Mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
I just don't see why I should be expected to take a refurb because the new phone I received was faulty from the beginning.
Because Sprint ESRP is a repair first system. Your phone (in current condition) would not be eligible for the 30 day return status the first choice would be a replacement screen. If no screens are on hand you would get a refurb phone to replace your device. There are specific reasons customers are given a new phone as a replacement but it is never a guarantee it will happen. With the newer S&R structure in place it is near impossible to get a used for new swap now.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

sarahfagan1465x is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgrass71 View Post
i got a touch as a replacement. i was expecting a mogul but the rep said its a comparative model. NO ITS NOT! i bought a phone with 54 buttons! now i have 5! 49 buttons is a lot to miss!

on the side note. the touch is a nice phone. internally more powerful than a mogal but its more of a lesure phone and not a business/corp phone. i answer a lot of email since i run an ebay business. before i can do long paragraphs and probably handle 25-30 questions an hour. i tried to answer questions today and i can get through at most 8 an hour. i think i will have to call and ask where my 49 buttons are tomarrow morning
That is hilarious. I have to agree with you...... when I bought my mogul, the main selling points were the qwerty keyboard and all the button shortcuts. I also use the calendar and email often, so I need to type as quick as possible. I like the Touch, though, maybe for my next phone someday...
Old 03-20-2008, 12:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro

lilgrass71 is a n00b

haha yeah i was lookin for a phone to upgrade from a sidekick II at the time and the mogul was a perfect match. sidekickII = cool phone but too teenager like. so the mogul was like a turning point in my life. like a symbal of rites. so i kinda guess I BECAME A MAN WHEN I GOT MY MOGUL!

oh and on another side note: THE MOGUL IS BACK UP ON SPRINT WEBSITE! is this a close to this thread? dun dun duhhhhh

Last edited by lilgrass71; 03-20-2008 at 12:51 AM.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:56 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Sprint Mogul Out of Stock?

I renamed it for clarity. When the Mogul really is discontinued, I'll change it back

Besides, that will mean you're getting a new device, so hope I have to change it soon!

Side note: The "new" mogul info sheet says rev A is available but NO MENTION of GPS...interesting

Last edited by Certs; 03-20-2008 at 12:58 AM.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

lightbiter is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by varaff View Post
Currently on the phone with the insurance folks. It seems they may not be able to get anymore moguls. According to HTC, there some issues with the inside of the Moguls.
So now I'm stuck, don't want the Touch, and I can't get the Mogul. Hopefully they can leave my order pending till a new HTC comes out that is comprable to the PPC6800.
that's odd i called asurion to complain that the apache they sent me was messed up and right off the bat they offered to replace it with a mogul said it would be here in four to six bis. days
Old 03-20-2008, 01:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution
Carrier: Sprint Everything Plus - Fresh Evo 3.1.0.1

Journeyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to Journeyjeans

Update:

Damn, that was fast! LOL! I got the automated call at 1:30pm today saying delivery by 3-26, and when I came home from work, I got an e-mail saying my Mogul was shipped out at 9:11pm with a tracking number.....

The thing is, Fedex is saying the number is invalid...

Hmmm. I think I read something about that though on HowardForums, so I'll check over there and see.

~Journey
Old 03-20-2008, 02:11 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Fedex sometimes takes a little while to put it in their system, I'm sure Sprint wouldn't lie about that
Old 03-20-2008, 02:17 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
Fedex sometimes takes a little while to put it in their system, I'm sure Sprint wouldn't lie about that
Speaking of UPS putting tracking numbers into their system...

I got my tracking number from Sprint for UPS, and I tried to track it every day. Always got the "number doesn't exist" error. Then it showed up on my doorstep. Same tracking number on the box.

/end random comment
Old 03-20-2008, 02:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/Mogul/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO rooted

itsall_cooool is keeping up the good workitsall_cooool is keeping up the good work

I'd think the shortage of Moguls was because the current stock needed the Rom upgrades installed? I doubt that Sprint will discontinue the Mogul for a while they want to re-coup all the developement money for the new Rom, documentation/website changes etc.

After all, they still sell Apache's dont they?
Old 03-20-2008, 06:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

babair is a n00b

its back on the spriontn website now so i dont know. i want to file a claim or whatever cause of my white dot and keyboard being faulty. but i dont want to end up with a touch cause i may have to buy a new phone im moving to a area with only nextel coverage right now so i may have togo to the crappy flip phone until sprint unlocks all of the towers and sprint/nextel phones can be used on any tower either company has. i wont even beable to use my vision or anything on nextel towers when i move on the first of april......

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan